Cuisinart TOB-195 1500 Watts Toaster Oven Reviews

Cuisinart TOB-195 1500 Watts Toaster Oven

Big Toaster Oven: Definitely 1,500.00 Watts!

Dec 23, 2007 (Updated Dec 23, 2007)

Pros:Powerful, easy to use.

Cons:Power means watch out what you run (load) on one circuit!

The Bottom Line: Highly recommended, but make sure the electrical supply is up to the load requirements as per local codes(15 amp, I believe)!

The Cuisinart TOB-195 Stainless Steel

The Cuisinart is definitely a pleasantly easy push button accurate toaster oven, and this is my first impression of it. Well honestly, I was a little bit skeptical of this stainless steel "work of stainless steel art." I can see how people who really like the look of stainless steel (and it's naturally antibacterial properties), would be very much attracted to the aesthetically pleasing Cuisinart model; it is certainly a product of artful construction, and it seems very easy to use.

I have used this toaster oven to toast a piece of bread and being an electrician I can attest to it's high wattage rating. It is a powerful toaster. I actually couldn't get it to work at first because it kept popping the circuit breaker on the power strip I was using with it. I had to relocate the toaster closer to the power source and minus the power multiplier strip.

Other than the obvious mistake in setting up this powerhouse; I do recommend this product.

My mother purchased this to replace a toaster that no longer worked, and she researched it on Consumer Reports. They highly recommended this model; hence the purchase of this aesthetically pleasing and very powerful toaster oven. The one that popped the circuit breaker in the power strip making me think that it wasn't going to work (which was not expected).

My first impression of this product, and what I really love about it is the aesthetics, although I'm sure it's fairly easy to use as well. It's powerful heating element has the potential to pop circuit breakers so don't operate more than one energy intensive appliance on the same circuit until it's done with it's operating cycle. It seems push button easy to use, and it's power can be an asset and something to love about this attractive unit.

What is to hate about the Cuisinart? Well not much, but just be careful about not loading too much on the circuit at one time! Don't run the Cuisinart on the same circuit at the same time as the microwave for example. I also recommend plugging it directly into a code compliant and grounded 3-prong Edison plug. (1500 watts is approximately 15 Amps I believe at 120 volts; don't operate to many high drain devices on one circuit. I.E. microwave and toaster oven at the same time).

Highly recommended, and I will update when I get more information on cooking different items.

Amount Paid (US$): 160.

Cuisinart TOB-155 TOB-195 Toaster Oven Drip Tray TOB-DT1 Product Description Includes one genuine Cuisinart toaster oven drip tray Fits Cuisinart Toas...