Does what it is supposed to But POURLY
Jun 20, 2010 (Updated Jun 20, 2010)
Review by gholton
Rated a Very Helpful Review
Pros:Brews "decent" cup of coffee.
Coffee stays warm after brewing.
Cons:Hard to pour water in
Awkward to pour coffee out of carafe
Difficult to clean carafe
The Bottom Line: Recommend to Friend = Definitely NOT.
Cuisinart's coffee maker DOES do what it was designed to do, consistently produces an above average cup of coffee when you use good water, change filters, and clean the things. oh AND use quality coffee. The thermal carafe DOES keep coffee hot and without the expense of a hot plate using electricy. But it will not keep it piping hot forever. Attractive design.
Recommend this product?
The product falls short on ease of use both before and after making the coffee.
- Hard to pour water into reservoir as lid block tipablity.
- Small hole to pour the water into
- Difficult to view water guage when pouring right or left handed.
- Carafe must be firmly in place during brewing (as others have posted)
- NO indicator light to signal that coffee is brewed. (there is a audible alert -but how many of us are actually in the kitchen when it goes off?) This is most important as the carafe is thermal which means you cannot see the coffee in the pot either. Most annoying and definately a design oversight.
-Slow & awkward to pour the coffee as you have to hold it almost completely upside down to get the coffee to pour.
-Cleaning the carafe is a challenge as the hole is very small. Coffee tastes worst and worst unless I bite the bullet and struggle to clean it. (who wants that!)
Recommend to Friend = Definitely NOT.
Share this product review with your friends