Curel Natural Healing with Lavender, Chamomile & Oatmeal Extracts: Soften Skin with a Pleasing Scent

Feb 20, 2006

Pros:lightweight lotion, absorbs quickly, pleasant scent, skin feels soft after application

Cons:doesn't combat dry skin and eczema as well as other lotions

The Bottom Line: Despite applying it several times a day, this lotion didn't do as good a job with my winter-dry skin as other lotions do. I'll try it again in the summer!

Wintertime in New England means dry skin. Although I was used to it to a certain degree in New York, moving up north gave me an entirely new vantage point. I’ve been moisturizing my skin several times a day all winter long, keeping various lotions in convenient places so I would be reminded to use it.

When I received a free sample of Curel Natural Healing Lotion with Lavender, Chamomile, & Oatmeal Extracts, I elected to keep the trial-size bottle in the living room where I would remember to use it on my hands and arms. I tried it out once I had finished using the bottle of Curel Ultra-Healing Moisturizing Lotion.

I use Curel Natural Healing Lotion several times a day on my hands and arms, including my elbows which get red, raw spots on them signaling the start of eczema. By moisturizing this area often with a high-quality lotion, I’ve been able to keep it under control and sometimes drive it away. The question was if the Curel Natural Healing Lotion met that need.

Curel advertises that this lotion will hep skin heal itself through the skin relievers in the Curel Natural Healing Lotion as well as moisturize away dryness. The inclusion of lavender is supposed to help in healing and softness. Chamomile is supposed to calm and soothe the skin. Oatmeal is included as an anti-inflammatory an anti-irritant as well as to nurture irritated skin.

Right from the first time I used Curel Natural Healing Lotion I noticed the fragrance. If you don’t like lotions with fragrance, this won’t be for you. I liked the fragrance a lot and felt it was dominated by lavender with an overall floral scent that wasn’t so pronounced it would offend someone else if I had it on my skin. The fragrance is definitely less pronounced than with any of the perfumes I use.

My skin absorbs Curel Natural Healing Lotion fairly quickly, leaving behind a soft feeling. The only spots that felt a little greasy were in between my fingers. The lotion is very lightweight and doesn’t feel heavy in my hands like many of the thicker, creamier lotions do. This is probably what helps it absorb into the skin better.

Curel Natural Healing Lotion will not clog pores and has been dermatologist tested. Curel states that it is gentle enough to use on the face, but I don’t know that I would. I don’t like scented lotions on my face and I would worry that some on my forehead could end up in my eyes.

So how is my skin after using Curel Natural Healing Lotion for a few weeks? It’s better than if I used nothing, that’s for sure. However, in comparing the two, I think that Curel Ultra-Healing Moisturizing Lotion did a better job overall. The eczema seemed to stay away better and I think my skin was a bit softer with the other lotion. Curel Natural Healing Lotion might be better for someone with less severe of a dry-skin problem than what I seem to have.

Curel backs their products with a money-back guarantee, promising a full refund if not satisfied. Simply return the unused portion to them.

I would also be more inclined to using Curel Natural Healing Lotion in the summer. It would make a great lotion to use to freshen up after a shower or a long day outside. There’s no reason I can think of not to use Curel Natural Healing Lotion for moderate skin or skin that just doesn’t have issues with dryness. I really liked how it felt on my hands and the scent was pleasant.

Watch for an update sometime this summer!

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Lavandula Angustifolia Flower Extract (Lavender), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Chamomile), Avena Sativa Meal Extract (Oat), Propylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Caramel

Contact phone number: 1-800-572-2931