Dish Network 311 TV Receiver Reviews

• User Rating: Very Good

• Sound:
  • Picture Quality:
  • Recording Time:

Pros:Slim design, nice price, carries the functions I need.

Cons:Reboots automatically at midnight

The Bottom Line: This is the standard model offered by our area. It's okay, but could be better.

This is the basic model that we were offered when we signed up for Dish Network's services. The receiver works well for us. Functions are basic, we can programs the guides to the individual. The slim design doesn't require much shelf space. The remote also has a number of handy features including instant access to the customer service menus, one-button pushing to reach the search function, and it is a universal remote so that the one remote controls my television. Unfortunately, the remote doesn't work with my DVD Player so we still have to use the separate DVD remote.

Sound quality and picture quality for us have been fine. Not as good as on my brother's big screen HDTV, but that's not the receiver that's all in the televisions we own. Sound quality on our surround sound is fine.

My biggest problem with this unit -- at midnight every day of the week the unit reboots itself automatically. I'm not sure if this is something on Dish Network's end, they claim they've never heard of it happening and don't know what to say. For customer service with this one issue they've been useless. Because the dish reboots, we cannot tape any shows that go past midnight because once it has rebooted, it turns itself off. This has become a major pain for those late night shows that we want to see but can't stay up late due to work schedules. This one glitch is enough to make me want to give up on Dish Network and suffer the agony that Adelphia/now Comcast provides. While their prices were horrible, at least I could record late night shows.

Amount Paid (US$): 40.00/month

Enrich your viewing experience with the Dish Network 311 receiver that comes with a Dish Interactive User Interface. Equipped with the DISH Interactiv...