D-Link G WBR-2310 108 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless G Router (WBR-2310) Reviews

D-Link G WBR-2310 108 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless G Router (WBR-2310)

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Security Doesn't Work / Difficult Setup

May 11, 2008
Rated Show
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:For non-secure networks, easy to set up and relatively fast.

Cons:Security feature doesn't work. Support is not great.

I had the exact same problems as another reviewer here. After hours of effort trying to configure this router with security (including hours waiting for/on the tech support phone line and on the support website), I can only come to the conclusion that the security feature simply doesn't work. I have to say that the support for this product isn't great (for one thing, the IP address for the support admin site published with the CD produces a 404. Use 192.168.1.67 instead). I suspect that D-Link has started to off-shore its software development (it shows). Where I have recommended D-Link in the past, I won't be recommending it anymore.

I will say that if you want a non-secure network, this router is easy to set up and reasonably fast. It's only after you've configured it and realized that there's no security that you start to have problems.

5V AC power adapter for D-Link WBR-2310 WBR2310 router Replacement 5V 3A 15W AC Adapter Specifications: Input: 100-240V~0.6A, 50/60Hz Output: 5V 3000m...