D-Link G WBR-2310 108 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless G Router (WBR-2310) Reviews

D-Link G WBR-2310 108 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless G Router (WBR-2310)

Epinions Product Rating: OK

HORRID PIECE OF MACHINERY

Mar 19, 2009 (Updated Mar 19, 2009)
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:Looks good; lights blink.

Cons:Crashes, freezes up and slows down internet services; disconnects at intervals

The Bottom Line:

I recommend that the D-Link WBR-2310 be scrapped and recalled; and the makers sued and reported to the Better Business Bureau and every other agency deals with such companies.

HORRID is an understatement for this particular router.  Try NETWORKING NIGHTMARE and even that doesn't describe it adequately.  When I think of the D-Link WBR-2310 I shiver.

My network includes seven (7) desktops, a number of laptops including mine and two (2) laser printers.  After my other router shut down, the company that I purchased from the computers from recommended that I get a D-Link WBR-2310 to accompany the other D-Link WBR-2310 that I already have.  The results were DISASTEROUS.

There was nothing to love about this product.  I absolutely hate it because from the get-go it was problems.  After doing everything as instructed by the accompanying disc, the machine would not transmit internet to the other router until I changed how the other router was connected.  Then it transmitted internet service but the service kept dropping.  Then I connected a desktop directly to it and while it would transport service comfortably to the other machines it kept dropping this one.  Then it while transmitting internet service to other computers it would not transmit service to my laptop that was sitting on the same desk, directly connected or wireless. When I do get service to the laptop it keeps dropping and not every fifteen minutes, every three to five minutes.  It was pure HELL! Worst yet, I paid about $125.00 for it in my country.

No more D-Link Routers for me.  There should be a law against making such crap.  I would not recommend the D-Link WBR-2310 or any other D-Link product to anyone because the results could be CHAOTIC and CATOSTROPHIC especially if you need to be networking and on the internet constantly like me.

I want a router that I can just hook up that works with or without the CD and gets the job done.    Anyone with good suggestions send advice mail to mailto:marvinrzgibson@hotmail.com.

Driver Availability: Windows only

Extend the connectivity of Internet at home using D-link RangeBooster G WBR-2310 Wireless Router. Its RangeBooster G Technology delivers faster and wi...