-75%
D-Link N300 300 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless N Router (DIR-615) Reviews

D-Link N300 300 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless N Router (DIR-615)

Free Shipping eBay Deals

Mixed Feelings

Aug 16, 2007 (Updated Aug 25, 2010)
  • User Rating: Very Good

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:Great range, signal strength, price. Good Tech Support. Easy to follow instructions. Uses wifi bgn

Cons:Static IP's for wireless devices. Set-up annoying and drawn out. Trouble with firmware upgrade

The Bottom Line:

I'd buy something has a firmware upgrade in case any problems arise.

Update Aug, 25 2010:  The router has been shelved for the last year because I had to keep resetting it so it would work with my cable modem.  It's going to end up on craigslist or ebay.  Tech support was quick to respond, but they couldn't find out what the problem was.  I switched back to an older Netgear wifi-bg router with no problems.  Never could get an answer on why I couldn't update the firmware and tech support dodged the question each time by saying "Why do you want to upgrade the firmware?"

Welcome to the wonderful world of wireless-n (draft)! I recently moved and started looking around for a highspeed router to go with highspeed internet connection. I looked into wifi g, super-g, and any of those variations with MIMO. After deciding that all those products seemed pretty much the same (minus slight variations in transfer rates), I chose to get a wifi-n router. After comparing some routers, I chose the DIR-615.
I agree that setting it up is a little bit of a pain, but the instructions are easy to follow. Also, I seem to not be able to upgrade my firmware due to some bug. Tech support couldn't help me, and I don't want to return the router. It's been working fine without them. The range, security features, as well as the advanced settings are definitely a plus. The router is downstairs and my laptop is upstairs. Using a D-Link DWA-130 Wireless-N USB adapter, and with my door closed, I pick up 270-300 Mbps. I bought both of these products $120 at Circuit City on sale. It was a great deal. Another minor annoyance - I needed to set static IP addresses for the wireless devices (laptops) because the computers would not reconnect after they went to sleep. The power has went out several times and I have had no problem reconnecting after it came back on. Tech support is great at responding. Works with wifi b/g also.

Driver Availability: Don''t Know

eBay Deals

The D-Link DKT-USBN is a router that provides fast and secure connection to the Internet using wireless N technology. Routers with wireless N are pref...
#9;The D-Link Wireless N Router (DIR-615) provides a better wireless signal for your network than existing wireless 802.11g technology. Upgrading your...
D-link Dir-615, Dir-615 Wireless N Router, Upc: 0790069302299