-75%
D-Link N300 300 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless N Router (DIR-615) Reviews

D-Link N300 300 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless N Router (DIR-615)

Free Shipping eBay Deals

D-Link is A Plus

Mar 11, 2008 (Updated Mar 24, 2008)

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:Lightweight, powerful, inexpensive, unobtrusive

Cons:None!

The Bottom Line: A solid choice for price conscious consumers who don't want to sacrifice functionality.

I bought my D-Link DIR 615 wireless router from Fry's in Burbank California in March 2008. I have been pleasantly surprised at every turn.

As a home computer gadgeteer, I realized that I would have to purchase and install a "router" in order to get wireless (WiFi)internet throughout our house. We have Adelphia and high speed cable through our digital modem. We have a HP computer that uses Windows XP.

I chose D-Link over the other models as it was an inexpensive brand, and the Fry's clerk recommended it.
I figured if it didn't work well, I had 30 days to return it. I purchased my router for about $60.

This model is the "N" which is the fastest for speed and longest for range. We don't have a huge house, but I did not want any dead zones or slow wait time for the Internet.

The set up was quick, however the CD Rom "easy install" was buggy and ultimately not functional. I installed it manually in about 5 minutes. I did call Tech Support late that night about 10PM just to check a setting and I was pleased at the level of courteous service I received.

The moment of truth arrived when I attempted to connect to my wireless webcams and was shocked at how well the reception was. The speed and reception are outstanding. I use two wireless webcams as Nanny Cams and keep an eye on things when I am at work. When I use my laptop at home, I am able to connect to my router quickly and reliably.

The router itself is unobtrusive, sets on top of my desk and is able to penetrate walls and around corners. I know it is working by the green lights that activate. The green lights indicate (from top to bottom) Power, Status , WAN (10/100), WLAN (Wireless Connection), LAN (10/100) and Internet Status. This makes it easy to pinpoint any problems.

The two black antenna are easily configured to obtain maximum range. There is an encryption setting to block your signal from predators. On the back, there are 4 ethernet ports available for your devices. There is 1 WAN port which is clearly marked for your internet plug in.

This model works with Internet Explorer v6 or Later; Mozilla Firefox v1.5 or Later; and other browsers that are Java-enabled. The router can be set either horizontally or vertically.

A great router for home use for a good price and superior functionality.

A solid thumbs up from a happy consumer.

Driver Availability: Windows only

eBay Deals

The D-Link DKT-USBN is a router that provides fast and secure connection to the Internet using wireless N technology. Routers with wireless N are pref...
#9;The D-Link Wireless N Router (DIR-615) provides a better wireless signal for your network than existing wireless 802.11g technology. Upgrading your...
D-link Dir-615, Dir-615 Wireless N Router, Upc: 0790069302299