-13%

$1,259.00
+$80.87 shipping Abt Electronics
$1,259.00
Free Shipping AppliancesConnection

An evil necessity to a professional range

Feb 19, 2006
Rated Show

Pros:Bright light

Cons:Too loud, difficult to clean, light control knob too high up to reach

Ok a hood is a hood is a hood - or is it? Overall appearance is fine - they pretty much all look the same - but I do have a few concerns about the range hood. First it is loud. And I don't mean an annoying fan noise, I mean LOUD that you can't possibly try to hear or speak to anyone while close to the hood (when in operation). There is no way I will be able to entertain while using this range hood, it's just too loud. It does the job well of diverting smoke & grease right up into it - but by the 2nd use it was visibly filthy with dark grease. We do have a professional range with a grill, so I'm sure this hood gets used harder than average, but I wish I would have opted for one less quiet & easier to clean (if there's such a thing out there!) It has a nice bright light, but the knob to control it is up under the hood, which I can't reach without a stepstool. A side control for the light would bring it down a few inches, into my reach.

The IVS2 integrated ventilation system comes with a 1200 CFM internal blower The halogen lights provide ample lighting for your cooktop allowing you t...
AppliancesConnection
Variable Blower Controls/ Removable Filters/ Dimmable Halogen Lights/ Includes 1200CFM Internal Blower/ Stainless Steel Finish
Abt Electronics