DanActive Strawberry Reviews

DanActive Strawberry

ratings (8 Epinions reviews)

DanActive Probiotic Strawberry: One Gulp and it's Gone

Jun 2, 2009

Pros:Strengthens your immune system; Good nutritional content

Cons:Portion size too small; Plain taste

The Bottom Line: DanActive is an acceptable product with an equal number of pros and cons

I like to start my mornings with a beverage and snack as I head to the office and among the beverage available for this purpose, I usually choose a smoothie drink or a bottle of fruit juice. Smoothies are tastier and more nutritionally balanced that straight fruit juice, so they usually rank as my morning beverage of choice. Among them, one smoothie- like product I have tried and found agreeable enough is DanActive Strawberry Probiotic Dairy Drink, a product from the makers of Dannon yogurt.

Basic Facts About This Drink:

DanActive Strawberry Probiotic Dairy Drink is a yogurt/smoothie drink sold in a small, 3.1 oz. bottle. This drink is light pink in color with a consistency that is runnier than traditional yogurt smoothies.

DanActive Strawberry Probiotic Dairy Drink has a taste that is yogurt- like, as expected, with only a hint of strawberry. Its mild taste is less fruit- enhanced than strawberry smoothies. There is also a touch of vanilla to the flavor and it has a creamy texture.

DanActive Strawberry Probiotic Dairy Drink helps maintain health with the addition of L. Casei Immunitas cultures. These help to strengthen the immune system and they have been clinically proven to strengthen the body's defenses.

Ingredients:

DanActive Strawberry Probiotic Dairy Drink is made with cultured milk, water, sugar, strawberry puree, whey protein concentrate, Less than 1% dextrose, modified corn starch, natural flavor, black carrot juice concentrate, sodium citrate, and malic acid.

Nutritional Facts:

DanActive Strawberry Probiotic Dairy Drink offers the following nutritional benefits per single bottle, 3.1 oz. (93 ml) serving:

Calories: 80
Total Fat: 1.5 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 13 grams
Cholesterol: 5 milligrams
Sodium: 40 milligrams
Protein: 3 grams

Final Thoughts:

Yogurt smoothies are one of my favorite morning drinks and they match up nicely with granola bars and other morning snacks. I usually opt for the full- size smoothie beverages but when I saw
DanActive Strawberry Probiotic Dairy Drink on the grocery store shelves, I decided it would be worth a try. It doesn't refer to itself as a smoothie on the label, but I could tell that it was a similar drink and it offered the added benefit of special cultures to strengthen the immune system.

DanActive Strawberry Probiotic Dairy Drink has a flavor that is similar to a yogurt smoothie, as expected, but not as good. The problem is that the strawberry taste is very light and this leads to an overall flavor profile that tends to be rather bland. I wasn't expecting incredible taste when I purchased this product, but I wanted something a little more flavorful than what I got. Without the word "strawberry" on the label, one may not even realize at first what flavor they are drinking. It is like one part strawberry smoothie combined with two parts plain yogurt.

One of the other things I like about traditional yogurt smoothies is the addition of chunks/bits of real fruit. DanActive Strawberry Probiotic Dairy Drink contains no bits of fruit. It is smooth in the strictest sense and less thick than the smoothies I have grown to love. Also, this drink offers greater potential for messes. One needs to be a little careful if this drink is going to be consumed in the car or while on the run. There is no cap on these small bottles- only a thin piece of foil. This means you cannot reseal the bottle as you drink. Not only that, but the small bottle doesn't fit very well in most vehicle cup holders, so you need to be careful to avoid making a mess.

In spite of the lackluster taste, however, DanActive Strawberry Probiotic Dairy Drink does have one significant benefit to offer and that, of course, is the addition of L. Casei Immunitas cultures. This added ingredient helps to strengthen the immune system and Dannon claims to have clinical proof to back this claim. I already have a very strong immune system and rarely get sick, so an added ingredient like this isn't essential to me. Still, some added health benefits certainly cannot hurt and this extra ingredient is definitely a plus.

Probably the most frustrating quality of DanActive Strawberry Probiotic Dairy Drink is the small size of the container. With a paltry 3.1 oz, one drink can be eliminated in a matter of seconds. Traditional store- purchased yogurt smoothies are usually twice as large. I realize that part of the reason for the small size is to keep the price down (this drink is half the size but a four- pack sells for a comparable price to a four- pack of ordinary smoothies), but there is so little beverage available that an individual has to consume sparingly if he/she hopes to wash down their morning snack with one of these drinks.

Overall, DanActive Strawberry Probiotic Dairy Drink is an acceptable drink with bland taste, but some good ingredients to help strengthen the body's defenses toward disease. The nutritional content is good, and even though the taste is lacking and the container very small, there are enough good points to make this a beverage worth trying.

Ten Strawberry Street Royal White 8 Salad / Dessert Plate (Set of 6) RW0004

Ten Strawberry Street Royal White 8 Salad / Dessert Plate (Set of 6) RW0004

Ten Strawberry Street RW0004 The Ten Strawberry Street Royal White 7.5 Salad / Dessert Plate (Set of 6) is perfect for serving salads and desserts. T...

Dinner Plates by Ten Strawberry Street Dinner Plates

Dinner Plates by Ten Strawberry Street Dinner Plates

Simply white dinnerware in a simple gift box makes a great gift to give someone or yourself.
Cooking.com

Ten Strawberry Street Royal White 8 oz. Sophia Teacup and Saucer (Set of 6) RW0010

Ten Strawberry Street RW0010 Bring home the beautiful and exquisite Ten Strawberry Street Royal White 8 oz. Sophia Teacup and Saucer. Made of porcela...

Ten Strawberry Street Royal White 12 oz. Cereal Bowl (Set of 6) RW0007

Ten Strawberry Street Royal White 12 oz. Cereal Bowl (Set of 6) RW0007

Ten Strawberry Street RW0007 Get your day off to a wonderful start with a bowl full of your favorite cereals with this Ten Strawberry Street Royal Wh...

Ten Strawberry Street Luxor Gold 8 oz. Rim Soup Bowl (Set of 6) LUX-3G

Ten Strawberry Street Luxor Gold 8 oz. Rim Soup Bowl (Set of 6) LUX-3G

Ten Strawberry Street LUX-3G This Ten Strawberry Street Luxor Gold 8 oz. Rim Soup Bowl (Set of 6) is perfect to serve delicious soup. It is made of p...

Strawberry Shortcake Deluxe Toddler / Child Costume Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberry Shortcake Deluxe Toddler / Child Costume Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberry Shortcake Deluxe Toddler / Child Costume Includes one dress, hat and pair of stockings. Does not include wig, bag or shoes. Pink- 883489S
Birthday Express

Ten Strawberry Street Aurora 8 Salad Plate (Set of 6) AUR-8

Ten Strawberry Street Aurora 8 Salad Plate (Set of 6) AUR-8

Ten Strawberry Street AUR-8 The beautiful Aurora dinnerware collection will bring elegance and style to your dinner table. Sleek white porcelain with...

10 Strawberry Street Aurora Square Dinner Plates - Set of 6 - AUR-40

10 Strawberry Street Aurora Square Dinner Plates - Set of 6 - AUR-40

Shop for Dishes and Plates from Hayneedle.com! The square shape with graceful upturned corners of the 10 Strawberry Street Aurora Square Dinner Plates...
Hayneedle

10 Strawberry Street Royal Serving Bowl Set of 2 - White

10 Strawberry Street Royal Serving Bowl Set of 2 - White

Find serving dishes, trays and food stands at Target.com! Timeless and simple, this extensive collection of lightweight yet durable porcelain adapts t...

Ten Strawberry Street Classic White Dinner Plate, Fine China Dinnerware - All White, No Decals

Ten Strawberry Street - Ten Strawberry Street Classic White Dinner Plate - All White, No Decals
Replacements, Ltd.