Dan Accadia Herzliya On Sea

Peace by the Sea in Israel

Dec 6, 2005

Pros:Near Tel Aviv but in the suburbs, great breakfast buffet

Cons:small number of room with direct view of Mediterranean.

The Bottom Line: Doing business in Tel Aviv and staying here is a perfect blend of busy and relaxing.

The Dan Accadia Herzliya is located right on a beautiful beach 25 minutes north of Tel Aviv. For the family wishing ot relax or the business traveler working in Tel Aviv that does not want the hustle of the city this is a perfect location. I spent four nights there last week and plan a return to Israel in January and the best thing I can say about the hotel is that I look forward to returning.

The hotel is a 25-30 ride from TLV airport. I would expect that a cab would coast NIS100-125 or I believe the hotel will arrange for a car to pick you up. Like all countries, you need to be careful of your first impression if a cab driver is looking to rip off the unsuspecting new traveler.

The lobby is quite nice, not grand in the US sense but very sea-shore-ish, remember it is right n the Mediterranean. I called the week before to make sure my room faced the Sea and was told it would but upon check in I was told it did not. I asked the gentleman to please try and he finally found a room he described as “one of the best rooms in the hotel.” After 10 hours on an airplane I told myself that I had heard that line before but what the heck. The room was a standard room facing north with an angled view on the Mediterranean. Not great but I did have a view. For the record, there are basically three view, 1 – pool/Sea, 2 – partial view of Sea (mine), and 3 – parking lot. The only downside to my room was the last morning when I discovered that my room was directly, and one floor above, the loading dock. Back up beeps from a truck make for an interesting wake-up call. This was the only negative comment.

The room itself is nice size, not huge (not big enough for four people) but a single or a couple should do fine. I was a single in a “King” room. The king bed is two singles pushed together. The linens are singles, so be careful in sleeping, there is a separation between the two beds. There is also a TV with remote, a small desk, plenty of drawers and a nice closet. A personal safe is also in the closet and I was able to place my laptop in it (a nice touch). There are also plenty of electric outlets. Wi-Fi is available for NIS80 per 24-hour period and can not be charged to the room but to your credit card After four days I still could not fully figure out the light switches. There is no clock radio in the room. The desk is very small and the phone is very large. There is just enough room for a laptop.

The bathroom is smallish with a tub and SOT, vanity and on sink. Toiletries are provided and include shampoo, bath gel, cream, nail file and shower cap. The bath also has a hand held sprayer.

I ate breakfast every morning in the main dining room and it was fantastic. An enormous buffet of melons, pastries, smoked fish, cheeses, etc. There were also six hot containers and a gentleman making omelets. The juice is as fresh squeezed as you want. There is a large squeezer and a basket of fresh oranges and grapefruits. Choose your fruit, cut in half and squeeze. Service is very good as well. Several waitresses to bring you coffee. I actually sneaked down 30 minutes before my colleagues just to have some more fresh fruit.

The pool was a nice size and there is direct access to the each. The one morning I tried to get through the gate to the beach and was unsuccessful. I think it was more my fault than the fence's.

Transportation looked very easy. There were always taxis out front. It did appear that parking was a little tight though.

All in all I thought this hotel was very good and would recommend highly.