Apex Tool Group Craftsman 22 pc. General Purpose Tool Set (71499434201) Reviews

Apex Tool Group Craftsman 22 pc. General Purpose Tool Set (71499434201)

22 piece General Purpose Tool Set

Dec 25, 2009

Pros:Craftsman dependability

Cons:pliers would be nice

The Bottom Line: Included in this kit: Level, Tape Measure, Utility Knife,  Curved Claw Hammer, Magnetic driver with Screw driving bits Phillips & Slotted,  Nut driver bits.

Danaher's Craftsman 22 piece General Purpose Tool Set is a  good beginner set of tools, or in my case a good kit for classroom.

Included in this kit is found a 9 in. Torpedo Level, 12 ft. Tape Measure, Utility Knife, 7 oz. Curved Claw Hammer and Magnetic driver with 5 Screw driving bits both Phillips & Slotted as well as Nut driver bits.

This is the kit I have in my classroom for emergency situations.  I have found after teaching many years that to be prepared is half the battle whatever the skirmish might be.  As a rule the hammer and the Magnetic driver with screw driving bits is the most used of the items in the kit, nevertheless, the other items have been used since teaching in Oklahoma, as they were during my years in California.

I had accumulated tools in my first classroom kit as need dictated until by the time I was ready for some time away from the classroom following move to Oklahoma the kit was pretty full and well rounded.  Daddy swore by Stanley and Craftsman so my kit was filled with items bearing both of those names, just as it is today.

Son # 1 was given kit one; I was moving out of state, didn't know if I would be teaching again, and he needed it.  Because he has cerebral palsy which allows him to walk, but not long distance, does not drive and is dependent on public transportation or friends to tote him to store and back; a small tool kit ready to go was perfect for him and he didn't have to go and get it.

On the other hand; I learned during that first year I taught in California; that there really are times when a hammer, or a screwdriver is a classroom essential and a new kit was gotten as quickly as possible as I prepared to re enter the classroom.

I like the quality, functionality, and robustness of the tools provided in this General Purpose Tool Set.  I do use the  hammer and the screwdriver apparatus far more than any of the other items and am pleased with the workmanship and sturdiness of both.  I do not expect I will need to replace any part of this kit before I leave the classroom again.

I find each component is well made, usable, and sturdy.

To this kit I have added a pair of standard pliers, and a long nose, a heavy duty stapler, pair of wire cutters and  2 crochet hooks, one very small and the other larger.  The knife I leave at home, cutting in the classroom can generally be accomplished with a pair of scissors.

My hammer has been used for everything from pounding a nail in the heel of a child's boot so that Little Person can wear the boot, to driving nail or staple back into wall before the bulletin board falls to the floor.

More than once a custodian has trotted into my classroom to beg use of hammer or screwdriver, of course they have their own, but as with Murphy, when the implement is needed so often the job is here and the tool is over in another building.

I use the Magnetic driver and screw driving bits for more minor repairs in the classroom, when the pencil sharpener comes loose, or a cabinet needs work, or to open the display case over in the administration building where Osage County First grade displays art work.  The driver is put into use now and again during math or science lesson as we discuss magnets.

I have even used hex keys or nut driver bits before leaving California, during my last years teaching Kindergarten the classes were so over crowded it was decided by administration that we needed to get all 3 kindergartens in the same locale, I was teaching in a room at some distance to the kindergarten building which had 2 classrooms, both full.  When the mobile unit and new furniture was delivered during summer I went over and helped get our new tables and chairs together.  It was nice having a brand new room and brand new furniture.

Measurement is a state standard to be taught and my tape measure is used along with a number of other measuring devices; ruler, yard stick, wheel, cloth tape and several steel tapes of varying length.  While the concept of level is not something taught in first grade per se; using a level is heady stuff for Osage County First Grade, toward the end of the school term I get out several levels crafted in various housings, all are bubble levels.  Soon the notion of level and what that means has been discovered by Little Learners who check everything in the classroom, library and hall way to see if the item is sitting level or not.

Now and then I have used the level myself to determine whether the child who appears to sitting on a slope at the computer is a figment of my eyes and age, or is sitting in a chair needing the gizmo at the bottom of the leg adjusted.  Often the kid is sitting on a slant and it isn't just my eyes.

I rely on Craftsman's warranty and dependability when I am searching for tools for myself or for gifts.

Happy to recommend Danaher's Craftsman 22 piece General Purpose Tool Set especially for college dorm room, classroom, Mom's tool box, setting up household and haven't got anything yet, and for gift giving.

Reviewed by Molly's Reviews
molly   martin

===========================
For more information and details please check the SEE IT Button and Vendor Links
===========================

Internet search of the Sears site indicates:  Craftsman was born in 1927 when Sears decided to create a superior brand of tools; the tools would have to meet the most rigorous set of standards to earn a place in the Craftsman line. The brand first appeared on a line of saws.

In 1927, Sears hired Arthur Barrows to head the company's hardware department. Barrows knew hardware and wanted to create a brand name for Sears that distinguished it from other manufacturers. Craftsman tools first appear in Sears Hardware and Cutlery catalog.

When Sears promoted Arthur Barrows to West Coast Manager, he hired Tom Dunlap to take over the hardware department. Dunlap immediately upgraded the quality of the tools.  1929: The fall catalog features the first Craftsman power tools.

1934:  Craftsman lawn mowers debut.

1942: Craftsman power tools are playing an important part in building up America's defense

1948:  The fall catalog introduces Craftsman lawn and garden equipment, with the new rotary power mower.

1953: The Craftsman riding mower debuts.

1966:  Sears debuts a quick-release ratchet wrench that quickly becomes one of the most popular wrenches in the hand tool industry.

1979:  Gerald Swope, of Amarillo, Texas, returns his Craftsman ratchet wrenches after 50 years of use. The wrenches were replaced free of charge under Craftsman's unconditional warranty.

1981: The staff of outgoing President Carter gives him a complete Craftsman woodworking set as his farewell gift.

1984:  Craftsman electronic portable and bench power tools are the first such tools in the industry.

1997:  Sears launches its e-commerce site, sears.com, offering more than 3,500 Craftsman tools.

2002: Craftsman celebrates its 75th anniversary with a catalog that features more than 4,000 items, including 739 new products.

Sears Holdings Corporation
3333 Beverly Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179

Apex Tool Group : 100Pc 5 City Slim Nail

Apex Tool Group : 100Pc 5 City Slim Nail

Slimmer, sleeker shank drives easier and safer. Reinforced, tapered head fits properly in most standard shoes. New head ribbing allows easy identifica...
Apex Tool Group 10 Chrome Adjustable Wrench

Apex Tool Group 10 Chrome Adjustable Wrench

Apex Tool Group 10 Chrome Adjustable Wrench Manufacturer: Apex Tool Group Model Number: AC210VS UPC: 037103254009 Item Weight: 1.25 pound(s) Crescent,...

Apex Tool Group 11 in 1 Odd Job Multi Tool CMT1000

Apex Tool Group 11 in 1 Odd Job Multi Tool CMT1000

Apex Tool Group CMT1000 Features: -Multi tool.-Flexible driver shaft bends to reach tight areas.-11 Different tools in one to accomplish most tasks ar...
Wayfair

Apex Tool Group 18924n Shoe Rasp

Apex Tool Group 18924n Shoe Rasp

Apex Tool Group 18924N Shoe Rasp Features Made in Colombia Details Brand: Apex Tool Group Manufacturer: Apex Tool Group Package Dimensions Height: 0.2...

Apex Tool Group, LLC-Tools WSB25WB 15-Piece, 25-Watt Short Barrel Woodburning Kit

Create unique art with the Apex Tool Group, LLC-Tools WSB25WB 15-Piece, Weller Woodburning Kit. This set comes with the mini iron, nine different tips...

Apex Tool Group 7250w Replacement Soldering Gun Tip

Apex Tool Group 7250w Replacement Soldering Gun Tip

Apex Tool Group 7250W Replacement Soldering Gun Tip Features Returns will not be honored on this closeout item Details Brand: Weller Item Dimensions H...

Apex Tool Group, Llc-tools Ctk30set 30-piece Professional Tool Set

Apex Tool Group, Llc-tools Ctk30set 30-piece Professional Tool Set

30-pc set includes one 72-tooth Quick-Release ratchet drive, one 3-inch extension, one 6-inch extension, one 13/16-inch spark plug socket, one 5/16-in...