Compact and handy the Danby DCR34 Compact Refrigerator.

Mar 13, 2005

Pros:Compact and convenient

Cons:We use it so much, we could almost use two!

The Bottom Line: This is a great compact Refrigerator.

My sister gave us the Danby DCR34 Compact Refrigerator last July for our anniversary. She bought it for us to use outside on the back deck. It stops the family from coming inside to get a drink and in the process, leave a trail of sand and/or dirt on my clean floors. I was thinking we would use it only in the summer, when the family is outdoors most of the day, but we seem to use it nearly all year. It is especially nice when we are out gardening or doing yard work when we are covered in dirt!

WHY BUY THIS UNIT?

This is a great choice - so good in fact I can only come up with positive things to say about it - I cannot come up with a single complaint!

1. CanStor® Dispenser
• This is one of my favorite things in the Danby DCR34 Compact Refrigerator!! The CanStor® Dispenser is an in door storage unit which holds up to eight 12 oz. cans. They stack one onto of another and are dispensed down on the bottom and then the next can drops down. Next to it there is another storage area that holds 2 liter bottles.

2. Push-Button Defrost
• A push button defrost - How cool is that? I have had regular sized refrigerators that I would have LOVED this feature! Having it in a compact one is a great bonus!

3. Freezer Compartment
• The freezer department is small but since we only use it for ice cubes, the size is fine. We keep 4 ice cube trays in it at a time.

4. Half shelf
• This is great – it is a smaller (1/2 size) shelf that allows you to store smaller items (long enough for pop cans stored on side) and still allows taller items to be stored in front of it. I wish I had one of these in my regular fridge, we always have more juice in it than shelves and one bottle gets put on its side which can spill – and often does! There are also 2 regular, adjustable shelves.

5. Integrated Handle
• The handle blends right into the fridge - it is up on the top and indented. It is easy to open and the great thing it means there is no handle to get broken off.

This and That

• Width: 17-11/16"
• Depth: 18-1/2"
• Height: 32-11/16"

• One year Parts and Labor warranty

• Available in Black or White

Danby DCR34 Compact Refrigerator has an estimated yearly operating cost of $26.00.

• 2 Ice Cube and Drip Trays are included

• 3.2 cu. ft total volume

• Amperage Rating - 1.01 Amp.

~~ ** ~~ ** ~~ 2BUZY'S FINAL THOUGHTS ~~ ** ~~ ** ~~

I am surprised at how much use the Danby DCR34 Compact Refrigerator gets at our house. Granted, living on the water puts us outside more than when we lived in the city but I am sure it would be handy in any type dwelling. It even has an area for eggs!

It is big enough that we can store 8 cans of pop on the door, two liter bottles, more cans on the half shelf, boxes of juice and the larger bottles and still have room for fresh fruit. We have the recycle bin for the cans and boxes near by so even the clean up is fast and easy. I also like the fact you can have the door open from either the left or right side - a bonus for us lefties!

The Danby DCR34 Compact Refrigerator would be a great addition to any dorm, office, family room or like ours, on an outside deck! I am giving it 5 stars!