Danby DDW1809W 18 in. Built-in Dishwasher Reviews

Danby DDW1809W 18 in. Built-in Dishwasher

+$49.00 shipping HomeClick

Good cheap dishwasher

Jul 31, 2011

Pros:Plenty of space for dishes. Good at washing.

Cons:Instructions leave out things like lowering top rack and adding salt.

The Bottom Line: Seems like a very good deal.

My 16 year old Frigidaire 18" dishwasher stopped washing. I'm selling the house in about a year, so I wanted a new cheap dishwasher. I'm comparing this to my old washer. It's a lot quieter than the old one, and washes better than old one.
The controls are very simple: set knob to wash setting, press and hold right button while pushing the left. When done push left button to turn off. My old washer had one spray arm that extended up through bottom rack to spray the top shelf, but the top shelf on this has it's own spray arm and a spray at top to spray down. My old washer had a food grinder to break up food for draining, but it could break with a bone jamming it. This Danby washer has no grinder, instead has 3 layers of filters. Any bone can simply be picked up after a wash. Seems like you have to have a LOT of leftover food to jam the drain on this unit. To lower top rack, push tabs on rail caps to pull off caps. Put top rack so other set of wheels go into the rails. The instructions did NOT say how to lower the rack, I figured it out on my own. The instructions also do not say anything about using the water softener.
The door has detergent and rinse aid dispensers. Salt for water softener goes into a floor opening. Comes with a funnel for adding salt.
Drain hose must go up then down as shown in instuctions. (This applies to all dishwashers.)
The best price I found, including shipping, was from Home Depot.

This Danby Designer build in 8 place setting dishwasher is a convenient and efficient addition to any home. At 18 wide this model takes up minimum spa...
HomeClick