Dannon Activia Strawberry Low Fat Yogurt Reviews

Dannon Activia Strawberry Low Fat Yogurt

ratings (5 Epinions reviews)

Dannon Activia Strawberry Delicious, helpful, but unnerving!

May 10, 2008 (Updated May 10, 2008)

Pros:Good flavor, decent product.

Cons:The initial appearance always seems watery or even curdled.

The Bottom Line: This product has a very nice flavor, nothing extreme, but easy to eat. Seems to help digestive track be more regular.

I have been eating Dannon Activia yogurt off and on for quite a while. I enjoy the multi-packs that I can get in the warehouse club and the great prices buying this way offer me. The flavor is nothing tremendous to write about and the appearance, well, I will discuss later. The benefit, they claim, is due to the bifidus regularis™ contained in the yogurt that you are eating. The manufacturers state that eating this product helps “naturally regulate your digestive system”.

The containers of yogurt are dark green and have the small blue Dannon logo near the top. On one side you will see a picture of a belly button and a yellow, dotted arrow pointing down with the statement quoted above in the previous paragraph. So, if you don’t recall trying this, you can hopefully find it easier in the store from the colors. There are not many yogurts that use a dark green package to draw your attention.

The Product

The strawberry has a nice, smooth strawberry flavor with decent pieces of real strawberry included. There is not a tremendous amount of strawberries in the container, but there is enough to let you realize there is real fruit in there!

The containers are 4 ounces and are a rounded container with a squared off lid for wrapping purposes, I would assume. The container is virtually filled to the top of the container, leaving very little room for people who add granola to their yogurt (like I do). So, either cut back on the amount of granola you want to add, don’t add any, or use a bowl so that you are able to add the granola as desired.

When I first open the container, I am always a bit unnerved by the appearance. The yogurt seems to separate somewhat and look watery near the top and somewhat curdled. If you mix it up, it mixes well back into the smooth texture that I am accustomed to when eating yogurt. The strawberry yogurt is a pleasant pink color that you would anticipate with a strawberry flavored yogurt. The consistency is a little thicker, but not too thick. For example, if you dip your spoon briefly into the yogurt, coat the tip of your spoon somewhat and hold the spoon above the bowl, it will not drip. (You cannot have a heavily loaded spoon, because that does drip back into the bowl.)

The Ingredients

Cultured Grade A reduced fat milk, strawberry, fructose syrup, sugar, contains less than 1% of fructose, whey protein concentrate, corn starch, modified corn starch, kosher gelatin, natural flavor, carmine (for color), sodium citrate, malic acid.

Contains the active cultures L. Bulgaricus, S. Thermophilus and Bifidobacterium.

Nutritional Facts

This is based upon a single serving which is 1 container (4 oz.) and a standard 2,000 calorie diet:

Calories 110 Calories from Fat 20
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 15%
Iron 0%

Overall Impressions

I do enjoy the flavor of the yogurt, albeit the initial appearance sets me back a little bit every time. I usually double check the expiration date just to be sure, as I cannot stand dairy items that have bit the dust! The amount of fruit, in my opinion, could be a bit higher and the fructose and sugars could be lower to get a healthier product. But, this is not bad compared to other yogurts on the market. I would almost rather have the sugar and other fillers like this, have roughly the same amount of calories and avoid the fake sweeteners that a lot of products use nowadays.

The price is terrific wherever I happen to purchase these yogurts and they are comparable to most yogurts that are on the market. The effects of the yogurt helping with regular system processing, I do think they help. I know that I am not a great person to ensure that I take in enough fiber. Sometimes, I eat downright poorly, but having at least one of these yogurts each day helps me feel much better than I would had I not eaten the yogurt and ate terribly that day!

If you have not tried these and you enjoy yogurt in general, then this won’t be a tremendous WOW moment. I might become a favorite of yours, it might not. But, if they are on sale in your local market one time and you haven’t tried them, give them a shot; I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the affects of the products more than the flavor! You might even find a new yogurt to switch between if your product is not on sale and this one is one week!

~Thanks for spending time with me today!~

**I wanted send out a great big thank you to BRUGURU for getting this added to the database!

Nutrition 53 - Lean1 Fat Burning Meal Replacement Strawberry - 1.7 lbs.

Nutrition 53 - Lean1 Fat Burning Meal Replacement Strawberry - 1.7 lbs.

Nutrition 53 - Lean1 Fat Burning Meal Replacement Strawberry - 1.7 lbs. (900 g) Nutrition 53 Lean 1 Fat Burning Meal Replacement powder helps you get ...
LuckyVitamin.com

Strawberry Cereal - Low Carb, No Sugar Added, Gluten Free, Diabetic Diet Food

Strawberry Cereal - Low Carb, No Sugar Added, Gluten Free, Diabetic Diet Food

Description: LC-Strawberry Cereal is diabetic friendly, low carb, no sugar added, paleo friendly and gluten free. Enjoy this delicious high fiber, low...

Cellucor - Super HD Fat Targeting & Sculpting Agent Strawberry Lemonade 30 Servings - 180 Grams (0.39 lbs.) Cellucor Super HD Weight Loss is a High De...
LuckyVitamin.com

Strawberry Cereal - High Fiber, Sugar Free, Diabetic Friendly, Atkins, Low Carb

Strawberry Cereal - High Fiber, Sugar Free, Diabetic Friendly, Atkins, Low Carb

Weider Nutrition Low Carb Strawberry Bar 100g SKU: SUZ29074222
Strawberries and Cream Cake  6

Strawberries and Cream Cake 6

Our new Strawberries and Cream Cake is ultra delicious. A three layer yellow genoise cake smothered with strawberries and luscious whipped cream.
Kansas CIty Steaks

Strawberry Laces: 2 LBS

Strawberry Laces: 2 LBS

Strawberry Laces: 2 LBSPink strawberry-flavored licorice laces. Yum!
Candy.com
Strawberry Ice Cream - Low Carb, Sugar Free, Low Lactose, Diabetic Diet Food

Strawberry Ice Cream - Low Carb, Sugar Free, Low Lactose, Diabetic Diet Food

Description: Enjoy LC-Strawberry Ice Cream - diabetic friendly, low carb, sugar free, low lactose, high fiber, gluten free and high protein! Making yo...