Dannon Activia Vanilla Low Fat Yogurt Reviews

Dannon Activia Vanilla Low Fat Yogurt

ratings (8 Epinions reviews)

Activia Yogurt: does it live up to its claims?

Mar 23, 2012

Pros:none

Cons:doesn't do what it claims; bad tasting

The Bottom Line:

I wouldn't buy this again. It is expensive, tastes bad, and did not lead me to the bathroom.

Why I tried Activia:

I suffer from irregularity so based on the commercials I decided to try Activia. It is hard to go wrong with their guarantee that if I ate Activia every day for two weeks and wasn't satisfied I would get my money back.

About Activia:

This yogurt has a natural culture called Bifidus Regular that is supposed to help my digestive system. In other words I would be going to the bathroom regularly.

I like to buy organic yogurt. Activia is not organic but I did decide to try it. I had a coupon for one four pack which retails for $2.99. The challenge is for 14 days so I had to buy four packs spending more money than I needed to. It comes in a tiny 4-ounce container.

Activia has milk and wheat so if you have Celiac disease or do not eat gluten for other reasons, you will not want to try Activia.

Some of the ingredients did not impress me. You will find fructose syrup, carmine, which is a food coloring, and corn starch.

Jo's experiences:

Activia is said to be proven to help with regularity when eaten for 14 days as I said about, but I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do after 14 days. It can't fix us forever in 14 days so that doesn't make sense. In addition we are supposed to eat Activia as part of a good diet and a healthy lifestyle. A good diet and healthy lifestyle (which I assume means do not smoke and please exercise) would be my take on what the company is trying to tell us.

Exercise and water will help your digestive system and are less expensive – especially if you work out at home.

Vanilla yogurt is one of my favorite flavors of yogurt. I tried Activia’s Vanilla flavor to be a bit sour tasting. It burned my tongue a little. In addition I was not thrilled with the taste of Activia. The consistency is pretty much like an average yogurt would be. There are so many brands; some are more liquid than others. Activia is pretty much middle of the road.

One small container of my flavor will cost you (Different flavors will change these numbers a bit.) 110 calories, 2 grams of fat, one of which is saturated fat, 19 grams of sugar and 5 grams of protein. The vitamins are minuscule.

I love yogurt but am not thrilled with the taste of Activia.

I won't be buying Activia again.

Complete Whey, Low Fat Protein, Vanilla Bean, 2 lbs, From CytoSport

Complete Whey, Low Fat Protein, Vanilla Bean, 2 lbs, From CytoSport

Complete Whey Low Fat Protein Vanilla Bean 2 lbs From CytoSport
Nutrition 53 - Lean1 Fat Burning Meal Replacement Vanilla - 1.7 lbs.

Nutrition 53 - Lean1 Fat Burning Meal Replacement Vanilla - 1.7 lbs.

Nutrition 53 - Lean1 Fat Burning Meal Replacement Vanilla - 1.7 lbs. (900 g) Nutrition 53 Lean 1 Fat Burning Meal Replacement powder helps you get lea...
LuckyVitamin.com

Vanilla Ice Cream Mix, Low Carb Restricted Diet, Diabetic Friendly, Sugar Free

Vanilla Ice Cream Mix, Low Carb Restricted Diet, Diabetic Friendly, Sugar Free

Description: LC-Vanilla Ice Cream is diabetic friendly, low carb, sugar free, low lactose, high fiber, gluten free and high protein. Making your own i...

True Mass Vanilla Ice Cream

Muscle Peak, Vanilla, 5 lbs, From Inner Armour

Muscle Peak Vanilla 5 lbs From Inner Armour
BSN True-Mass Vanilla 5.82 lb

BSN True-Mass Vanilla 5.82 lb

True-Mass Vanilla 5.82 lb. Ultra-Premium Mass Gainer!Designed for any individual who needs a calorie and nutrient-dense alternative to regular foods t...
PureFormulas.com

Inner Armour Muscle Peak Vanilla-5 lbs Powder

Inner Armour Muscle Peak Vanilla-5 lbs Powder

From the Manufacturers Label:Muscle Peak is manufactured by Inner Armour.
Puritan's Pride®