Dearmond M75t

DeArmond M75T

Apr 2, 2003 (Updated Aug 7, 2003)

Pros:Amazing Sound at a low price!

Cons:Discontinued

The Bottom Line: Affordable! Amazing sound! Classic!

After wanting one & waiting for some time, I was finally able to scrounge some extra cash to pick a DeArmond M75T. Mine actually looks just like the picture. Blue Speckle. I was able to get a great deal from e-bay.

Basically I can't say enough great things about these DeArmond guitars. They were built by Guild who is owned by Fender. So the DeArmond M75T is very much like a Guild Blues Bird. Uses the same pick-ups.

THE SOUND
Once again the main ingredient to these great guitars sounding so good is the "ALL American made" DeArmond pick-ups. The M75t has 2 single coil "2k" pickups in it. Which gives classic sounds from Guild to Gretch like tones for a fraction of the price of what you would pay for a Guild or Gretch. The M75T had a 3 position toggle switch, much like a Gibson Les Paul. In-fact the volume & tone controls are layed out the same way....2 volume & 2 tone controls.

The construction & finish
....is just amazing for a guitar in the $250-$500 price range.

The Neck & Action
....is Straight & Low!And most of all it stays in tune just fine.

The Weight
I suppose the only thing someone might not like is this guitar is no lightweight 6 string shooter. It's about as heavy as a Les Paul Custom. But that doesn’t bother me, I like solid built guitar's and this one definitely is.

I was sad when Fender dropped the DeArmond line, but on the other hand because of it, I'm predicting that in the next few years these guitars will actually become somewhat collectible.

So if you've been wanting a DeArmond, now is the time to act. Some dealers might actually have a few left in a corner somewhere and E-bay seems to have a good run of them from time to time. That's where I got mine.

At any price, these guitars are hard to beat!
Thanks