DeLonghi DO400 1400 Watts Toaster Oven Reviews

DeLonghi DO400 1400 Watts Toaster Oven

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Not only is it a work of art, but it cooks great, too!

Jul 15, 2008

Pros:well made, beautiful modern design, cooks fast

Cons:tinted glass makes it hard to see food; could use come color in the buttons

The Bottom Line: I would definitely recommend this product due to its fast cooking and great design and manufacture

I was looking to replace my trusty euro-pro which was starting to show its age. At first, I bought a Bella Cucina toaster oven from Macy's. But because of its poor quality, I returned it for something else.

I then noticed this beautiful little oven for $59. All digital and dressed in black and chrome, it looked mighty impressive. So, even though it's a bit smaller than the Bella Cucina, I bought it.

The product is presented more like a consumer electronics device rather than a cheap toaster oven. Which is actually quite nice.

The box says that the unit is designed and engineered in Italy (but...made in China). And the design certainly shows. It's gorgeous! Plus it seems very well made - much better than a lot of toaster ovens out there.

There's really more space in there than you would imagine! The oven comes with an interesting rack which is two overlapping squares.

What's interesting about the mechanics of this unit is that the heating elements, on both top and bottom, is in a rectangular format rather than just two rods on top and bottom. I was wondering if it would work well with food.

Yes it did! I just cooked a pizza and it really cooks quite fast! It took only half the time than it did with my euro-pro. Which is quite impressive. The pizza came out pretty even and very tasty.

With all the pluses of the unit, there's a few things that are minor which while not terrible, are things that might be improved with on future models.

First, the glass door is tinted. This might be good or bad, not sure yet, but you might not be able to tell how far cooking has come without opening the door. Perhaps the tinted glass keeps the heat in which makes things cook faster???

The second thing is that all the buttons are black. Maybe some color could have been introduced. Like the - and + buttons. one could be red and the other blue.

Also, there's some clicking sounds while cooking....nothing bad but the lights dimmed for a split second while cooking. It comes with a grounded three prong plug which is supposed to prevent electrical overloads, etc.

overall, even though I used it just once, it looks like a very unique and well made oven. If you can find it - buy one! There were only two left at Macy's Kings Plaza, in Brooklyn.

But I'm glad I got mine!

Store HOME Other Items Add to Favorites Join our Newsletter Contact Us Store Search in titles description Connect with Us Facebook Twitter LinkedIn RS...