DeLonghi DO400 1400 Watts Toaster Oven Reviews

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Delongi D0400 toaster oven review

Apr 6, 2009
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:Exterior size, 4 slice capacity, sturdy crumb tray.

Cons: The electronic controls.

The Bottom Line: Electronic controls do not allow adequate control of the toasting cycle and the controls revert to default settings after each use.

I purchased this toaster oven 7 months ago.  The primary reason for choosing this oven was the compact size.  The Delongi fit in the cabinet, other toaster ovens did not.  I liked the hinged crumb tray, which is sturdy and allows easy cleaning.  Other crumb trays were flimsy and not hinged.  Another plus was the interior depth.  The Delongi toasts 4 slices.
What I don't care for are the electronic controls, especially the timer.  The timer has preset times for both frozen and none frozen items to be toasted.  Each setting is modified by the oven's internal temperature.  The preset times are annoying because they reset to factory settings each after each use.
To set a toast time, first choose the mode button. Toast is the first choice.  Next, move to the "time/toast color" rocker button. Click plus or -minus side, minus side 3 clicks to minimum time of three minutes thirty seconds. There are a total of 13 shades of toast, none short enough for light or even a nice medium color. At 3.5 minutes, the minimum time is sometimes too long, and the bread's edges (or more) may begin to burn.  I have never tried the longest setting, ft7, which runs for 7 minutes.
My solutions for non frozen bread, 2 slices,  are: 1-start the oven with the door open, and subsequently close it, or 2- start the oven and put the toast in after 30 seconds, or 3- just keep an eye on the toast near the end of the cycle.
For frozen bagels, the shortest cycle works reasonable well, give or take.
When I replace this oven,  I will look for an oven with a rheostat time control, which will allow fine tuning of the toasting cycle, which most older toasters that I remember were all were equipped with.

Store HOME Other Items Add to Favorites Join our Newsletter Contact Us Store Search in titles description Connect with Us Facebook Twitter LinkedIn RS...