DeLonghi DCF212T - 12-Cup Coffee Maker

Jun 23, 2009

Pros:The Front Fill feature . . FANTASTIC!

Cons:The simple timer could have had a few more features.

The Bottom Line: Like we said we will pick up another to make sure we have the Front Fill feature.

We have used this coffee maker every day for almost a year now.  Works as well as today's $50 appliances do.  The coffee is better using the "Aroma" setting but it does take more time to brew a pot, so we only use this feature on the days off.  The timer works fine but lacks two way time setting function so if you pass your desired time you live with it or sit there and hold the button till it goes around again.
All in all we are satisfied.  In fact we're going to pick up another one as a back-up due to it's unique front fill feature.  Plus we don't expect it to last for ever.  These days anyone who thinks appliances like this are made as well as ones 30 years ago need to give their head a shake.  We live in the "disposable society" now.

Oh by the way you have to make sure the pot is SEATED properly on the burner or else you will get coffee all over the counter, but that was the only spill issue we've had and it wasn't the machines fault.
Because of the "Pause & Serve" feature there is the pressure valve at the bottom of the basket that makes contact with the carafe, so push it in and make sure it's seated.

The front fill feature is the reason we bought this unit.  We use our pot filler faucet to put water in so the machine never has to move and that small thing is a great thing.  No more pulling out and pour water in, we swing the valve over,  open the basket and water channel . . viola!  We need more front fill machines!