Definitive Technology AW5500 Main / Stereo Speakers Reviews

Rated Show

• Flatness:
  • Imaging:
  • Overall Sound:

Pros:They seem to create a bubble of really good sound in spite of being outdoors.

Cons:None

I just installed these on my deck and am very happy with the sound they produce. I'm using them on zone 3 of a denon AVR-4311ci.

It's really quite surprising how good these sound on my deck outdoors. Most outdoor speakers produce a weak range but somehow these are really sharp at both highs and lows.

At average volume and about 25 feet away they are what you would expect outdoors, you can hear them fine, but the dynamic range narrows. It's impossible to avoid this without investment in massive sound systems.

Amount Paid (US$): 300/pair

5-1/4 BDSS Cast Basket Bass/Mid Driver/ 1 Pure Aluminum Dome Tweeter/ Gold-Plated 5-Way Binding Posts Input/ Black Finish/ Sold As Each
Abt Electronics

Cable, Main / Stereo, 3-Way
Outdoor Speaker fully sealed PolyStone enclosure for indoor or outdoor use,frequency response 45-30,000 Hz,1 tweeter, 5-1/4 woofer, and 5 x 8 low-bass...
Crutchfield
Type Indoor/Outdoor Speakers Driver Units 1 - 5.25 BDSS bass/mid 1 - 1 dome tweeter 1 - 5 x 8 bass radiator Power Rating Recommended Associated Amplif...
Newegg.com