Del Monte Cut Green Beans, No Salt Added, 14.5 oz (Pack of 12) (Del Monte) Reviews

Del Monte Cut Green Beans, No Salt Added, 14.5 oz (Pack of 12) (Del Monte)

YUCK - Del Monte Fresh Cut Blue Lake Cut Green Beans with No Salt Added

Oct 8, 2010

Pros:low sodium, easy to make

Cons:lacks in flavor

The Bottom Line:

Sorry but my family and I would not recommend Del Monte Fresh Cut Blue Lake Cut Green Beans with No Salt Added as they lack in flavor.

A few months ago I was grocery shopping. I needed green beans so I headed for the canned vegetable aisle.  They had Del Monte vegetables on sale so I figured I would grab a couple cans of them.  We are not too picky when it comes to canned green beans; I think most of the varieties taste the same.  A few days later I open a can and put it into a microwave safe dish and cooked them. I put them on the table and everyone dives in. My youngest loves green beans and his first words were “YUCK, mom what did you do to the green beans?” I hadn’t done anything; I hadn’t seasoned them or added any other ingredients with them. I told him there was nothing wrong with the green beans and tasted them myself. Well I too thought they were “YUCK’.  I went and grabbed the can and read the label. Here I had purchased the Del Monte Fresh Cut Blue Lake Cut Green Beans but with No Salt Added. I was actually surprised that the no salt added version tasted so much different than regular green beans.

I did save the green beans and added a bit of seasoning to them and cooked them some more and everyone enjoyed them. The other three cans I had purchased that day were also the no salt added version so I kept them to use in soups.

A serving of Del Monte Fresh Cut Blue Lake Cut Green Beans No Salt Added is ½ cup. The nutritional values for No Salt Added Green Beans is

Calories   20
Total Fat   0g
Sodium   10mg
Total Carbs   4g
Dietary Fiber   2g
Sugars   2g
Protein   1g

So as you can see there is still a slight amount of salt in these green beans but nothing compared to the 390mg in regular Del Monte Cut Green Beans. If you are someone who is watching their sodium, these Green Beans might be appealing to you.

Unfortunately for us the taste of the Del Monte Fresh Cut Blue Lake Cut Green Beans with No Salt Added was not very appetizing. Without some doctoring up, my family would not eat them as a side dish. Now I did use the remaining cans in soup and no one noticed or complained.

Del Monte Fresh Cut Blue Lake Cut Green Beans with No Salt Added come in two different can sizes. I purchased the 14.5 ounce can but they also come in an 8 ounce can. I always purchase the 14.5 ounce cans for my family. When cooking green beans I normally have to cook two cans because my family loves green beans.

Del Monte Fresh Cut Blue Lake Cut Green Beans with No Salt Added is easy to make. If you are making it as a side dish, you can make it on the stove top or in the microwave. If you are making them in the microwave, you empty the contents of the can into a dish and cook on high for three to four minutes.  If you are making them on the stove, you need to empty the contents into a pan and cook about five minutes. If adding it into a recipe for soup or a casserole, you just add as directed in the recipe.

Del Monte Fresh Cut Blue Lake Cut Green Beans with No Salt Added sells for around $1.19 when not on sale. I normally wait until canned vegetables go on sale for a dollar a can before purchasing them.  Del Monte occasionally will put coupons in the paper so if you combine a sale with coupons, you can get them reasonable. I normally stock up on canned vegetables when they are on sale as I always like to keep them on hand for quick and easy side dish. I would not purchase the Del Monte Fresh Cut Blue Lake Cut Green Beans with No Salt Added though.

The Del Monte canned vegetables are in the aisle with the other canned vegetables. I have found them in my grocery stores and stores like Wal-Mart.

Del Monte also makes different varieties of green beans. They make French cut, seasoned, wax green beans, whole green beans and green beans and potatoes. We have tried many of the other varieties of green beans and like them but we just don’t care for the no salt added beans.

Del Monte is a name that I know and trust when it comes to buying fruits and vegetables. Del Monte Fresh Cut Blue Lake Cut  Green Beans with No Salt Added can be more expensive then some of the other brands on the shelf but I if you wait until they go on sale and combine the sale with coupons, you can get a good deal on them.

I am more careful when I purchase green beans so I do not pick up the Del Monte Fresh Cut Blue Lake Cut Green Beans with No Salt Added as my family did not care for them. For someone who is watching their sodium intake and is use to items without any salt, they may enjoy these but we do not.

Sorry but my family and I would not recommend Del Monte Fresh Cut Blue Lake Cut Green Beans with No Salt Added 14.5 ounce can unless you are on a low sodium diet as they lack in flavor.

Del Monte Cut Green Beans, 28-Ounce (Pack of 12)

Del Monte Cut Green Beans, 28-Ounce (Pack of 12)

Product Details Pack of twelve, 28-Ounce (Total of 336-Ounces) USDA Organic Calories from Fat per Serving: 0 No preservatives Packed in U.S.A Product ...

Del Monte Fancy Cut Green Beans - 101 oz. can

Del Monte Fancy Cut Green Beans - 101 oz. can

Rely on Del Monte brand to bring you nature's quality vegetables.
Del Monte Cut Green Beans, 14.5-Ounce (Pack of 24)

Del Monte Cut Green Beans, 14.5-Ounce (Pack of 24)

Product Details Pack of twenty-four, 14.5-Ounce (Total of 348-ounces) Canned, frozen or fresh fruits and vegetables are loaded with vitamins and miner...
Del Monte Green Beans, Italian Cut, 14.5-Ounce (Pack of 12)

Del Monte Green Beans, Italian Cut, 14.5-Ounce (Pack of 12)

Product Details Pack of twelve, 14.5-Ounce (Total of 174-Ounces) Low calorie High in protein Product Description Naturally only 2 g net carb per servi...
DEL MONTE GREEN BEANS 14.5OZ 6PK

DEL MONTE GREEN BEANS 14.5OZ 6PK

Find fruit and vegetables at Target.com! Del monte green beans 14.5oz 6pk

Del Monte Savory Green Beans with Mushrooms 14.5 oz

Del Monte Savory Green Beans with Mushrooms 14.5 oz

Find fruit and vegetables at Target.com! Del monte savory green beans with mushrooms 14.5 oz

Del Monte French Style Green Beans, 8-Ounce (Pack of 12)

Del Monte French Style Green Beans, 8-Ounce (Pack of 12)

Product Details Effectively combats algae blooms, string and hair algae and blanket weed. Product Description Del Monte Green Beans French Style Blue ...