Del Monte Wax Beans, 14.5 oz (Pack of 12) (Del Monte) Reviews

Del Monte Wax Beans, 14.5 oz (Pack of 12) (Del Monte)

Yellow Green Beans - Del Monte Wax Beans

Dec 22, 2010

Pros:taste good, easy to make, last long in cupboard

Cons:salt

The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a good, fresh tasting side dish, my family and I would recommend Del Monte Fresh Cut Specialties Wax Beans.

During a grocery shopping trip I was looking to stock up on some canned vegetables as they had them on sale. I found a can of Del Monte Wax Beans. I had never heard of wax beans nor have I ever eaten them. I debated a bit if I wanted to try them and as I stood there an older gentlemen came up and put a few cans in his cart. I proceeded to ask him what wax beans taste like. How he described them to me was just how I would describe them to someone now that I have eaten them. He stated that they were “Yellow Green Beans”. He thought that they didn’t taste any different than regular green beans. So I decided to pick up a few cans. My family loves green beans. When I make green beans as a side dish I normally use two cans so I now combine a can of cut green beans with the wax green beans for some color. They taste the same to me and my family, the only difference is that the wax beans are yellow.

So now when green beans are on sale I always try to pick up a few cans of Del Monte Wax Beans also. I have only used them as a side dish but I am sure you could use them in soups and casseroles too. I have never seen wax beans in any other brand then Del Monte so this is the only brand I purchase.

My family likes the Wax Beans as they taste like green beans but are just yellow. The Wax Beans are part of the Fresh Cut Specialties line from Del Monte. They are cut wax beans.

A serving of Del Monte Wax Beans is one half a cup. The nutritional values are

Calories   20
Total Fat   0g
Sodium   360mg
Total Carbs   4g
Dietary Fiber   2g
Sugars   2g
Protein   1g

The ingredients in Del Monte Wax Beans are Wax Beans, Water, and Salt.

Del Monte Wax Beans are easy to make. I normally cook mine in the microwave but you can also cook them on the stove top. If you cook them in the microwave, cover and cook them on high for three to four minutes. When they are done cooking I add a bit of seasoning and serve. You can also empty the can into a pan on the stove and cook until heated through and season. I normally add some pepper and sometimes some garlic and parmesan cheese.

My children don’t care for many different vegetables but they do enjoy Wax Beans just like they do green beans. They were a bit wary the first time I made them as they weren’t sure why they were yellow. But once they ate them, they had no problems with them.

Some may think the salt content in Del Monte Wax Beans is high. This could be an issue for some but it’s not for us. Del Monte does make no salt added green beans for those that are watching their sodium intake. Personally we don’t like the taste of these but others might.

Del Monte Wax Beans comes in a 14.5 ounce and 8 ounce can. I have never seen a bigger size can of these beans. I purchase the 14.5 ounce cans as this is the size I use all the time for side dishes. I use two cans when I make beans as a side dish as my family really enjoys them. I always try to keep a few cans of wax beans in my cupboard for quick and easy side dishes. My family could eat wax beans and green beans every day for a side dish.

Del Monte Wax Beans can be found in most grocery stores and stores like Wal-Mart. They are in the aisle with the other canned vegetables. Del Monte Whole Green Beans normally cost around $1.12 but I usually wait until they go on sale for a dollar a can. Del Monte also puts coupons in the paper so if you wait for a sale and use coupons, you can get a good deal.

Del Monte does make other varieties of green beans. I had mentioned earlier they have a no salt added green bean, French cut, seasoned, wax green beans, green beans and potatoes and cut green beans.

Del Monte is a name that I know and trust. I have never had any issues with Del Monte fruits and vegetables. The Del Monte brand is more expensive then the store brand and generic but I think it is worth it. I will purchase the store brand if no other brand is on sale but I do prefer the name brand. If you wait until they go on sale, you can get them close to the price as you can the store brand.

DEL MONTE GREEN BEANS 14.5OZ 6PK

DEL MONTE GREEN BEANS 14.5OZ 6PK

Find fruit and vegetables at Target.com! Del monte green beans 14.5oz 6pk

Del Monte Fancy Cut Green Beans - 101 oz. can

Del Monte Fancy Cut Green Beans - 101 oz. can

Rely on Del Monte brand to bring you nature's quality vegetables.

Del Monte Cut Green Beans - 14.5 oz. cans - 12 pk.
Del Monte Cut Green Beans, 28-Ounce (Pack of 12)

Del Monte Cut Green Beans, 28-Ounce (Pack of 12)

Product Details Pack of twelve, 28-Ounce (Total of 336-Ounces) USDA Organic Calories from Fat per Serving: 0 No preservatives Packed in U.S.A Product ...
Del Monte Ketchup - 14 oz. Bottle

Del Monte Ketchup - 14 oz. Bottle

Make sure that your concession stand, restaurant, or cafeteria offers ketchup?the classic condiment your guests cannot do without! This ketchup includ...
The WEBstaurant Store
Del Monte French Style Green Beans, 8-Ounce (Pack of 12)

Del Monte French Style Green Beans, 8-Ounce (Pack of 12)

Product Details Effectively combats algae blooms, string and hair algae and blanket weed. Product Description Del Monte Green Beans French Style Blue ...
DEL MONTE CORN 15.25OZ 6PK

DEL MONTE CORN 15.25OZ 6PK

Find fruit and vegetables at Target.com! Del monte corn 15.25oz 6pk

Del Monte Cut Green Beans, 14.5-Ounce (Pack of 24)

Del Monte Cut Green Beans, 14.5-Ounce (Pack of 24)

Product Details Pack of twenty-four, 14.5-Ounce (Total of 348-ounces) Canned, frozen or fresh fruits and vegetables are loaded with vitamins and miner...
Del Monte Ketchup 12 - 14 oz. Bottles / Case