Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Flat Panel LCD TFT (Active Matrix) Monitor Reviews

Free Shipping Best Wholesale Software

Fantastic Monitor... But Only When It Works!

Sep 2, 2010
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:The native resolution, aspect ratio, IPS, viewing angles, connections, and ergonomics are all top tier.

Cons:Quality control neglects a recurring flaw, manifested by visibly inconsistent color gradation across the screen.

The Bottom Line: I cannot recommend this monitor, based on my first hand experience with three out of four factory direct units exhibiting serious noticeable defects in aggregate color accuracy.

Anyone considering this monitor should be well aware that there is a serious common flaw in several of these displays where you may witness a tinting/gradation problem exhibited by the left third of the screen tinting slightly green and the right third of the screen tinting slightly red. Unfortunately, the factory testing apparently only tests the center of the screen, which prevents this flaw from being flagged on the production line.

I originally ordered two of the A01 version of this monitor about three months ago. One of them arrived and has performed brilliantly for the past few months. The second one exhibited the gradation problem that I simply could not get used to. After two exchanges, both of the replacement monitors exhibited the exact same problem. That means three of the four U2410's I tried have been defective - this is not an uncommon issue!

Buyer beware, don't be afraid to hold Dell's feet to the fire if you happen to get one of the flawed U2410's. It really peeves me that this is advertised as a monitor with "astounding color accuracy, precision and performance" when this seems to apply only to a minority of the aggregate inventory.

All that said, the properly working U2410 I received is a really beautiful, feature rich monitor. It is for this reason that I tried to get my second one replaced more than once, because when it works the monitor is a pleasure to use. Colors are crisp, bright and vibrant. The resolution, aspect ratio and viewing angles are wonderful. The multitude of connections, ergonomics and sleek design are well appreciated! The lack of quality control in production... not so much.

Operating System: Windows

Get yourself the 24-inch black Dell U2410 monitor and enjoy some amazing quality performance.
Best Wholesale Software