DELTA 50-302 Outfeed Table (069554503023) Reviews

DELTA 50-302 Outfeed Table (069554503023)

Delta Unisaw - Extending its Usefulness

Feb 5, 2006

Pros:Built to add to the value of the Delta Table Saw, Delta quality built in

Cons:More expensive than a home-built unit

The Bottom Line: Better than roller stands; and keeping the Unisaw portable is the key feature.

The Delta Unisaw of my dreams was assembled, adjusted, and sitting on its Delta Mobile Base,
the Delta Unifence was installed and calibrated, the Delta Uniguard
was covering that mean looking blade, and now all we had to do to complete this newest addition to the, over equipped, woodworking shop was assemble and install the Delta Unisaw Outfeed Table Model 50-302. We couldn’t wait to get the final piece of the puzzle in place. It, however, took longer than any other part of the extensive assembly process.

The outfeed table came in a single large and heavy box. It contained two MDF pieces, the fixed table and the moveable table and lots of metal pieces with a bag of hardware to make it into a single assembly and attach it to the saw. Good instructions were a necessary part of this package as the assembly of all these disparate parts was not obvious to us.

The Delta Unisaw Outfeed Table Model 50-302 is said to fit the Delta left-tilt and right tilt cabinet saw, the Delta tilting arbor saw and the Delta left or right tilt Unisaw. These can be equipped with the Delta Unifence, the Delta Jet Fence, or the Beisemeyer Fence. It also accommodates the delta Uniguard or the Beisemeyer blade guard. We were mounting on a late model, newly purchased, Delta Left-tilt Unisaw equipped with a Delta Unifence and a Delta Uniguard blade guard.

The instructions give all the differences in assembly for each permutation of the various combinations the Outfeed table will accommodate so reading carefully is required. The instructions are pictured mostly for a right-tilt Unisaw so some dyslexia helps if you are doing it for a left-tilt. We found that by carefully following the instructions, two of us reading and coming to agreement on what they meant for our particular installation, the assembly process went smoothly.

Some unusual arm/hand/body positions are required to get to the inside of the Unisaw cabinet to fasten some of the hardware, but it can be done with the tongue in just the right position. There was a little warp in the stationary board that we had to carefully press and pull as we mounted it and leveled it with the back of the Unisaw table. Other than that it just took time to get it all together and leveled.

What You Have Three Hours Later

With the stationary board at 12” by 34” and the movable table adding another 31” when it stands on its sturdy metal leg that can be quickly unlocked and swiveled to allow the table to lie parallel to the back of the saw, is a 34” wide by 43” long table that stands solidly on its one central leg with a “T” foot and two padded adjusters. The slots to allow a miter bar to extend into the table on either right or left Unisaw miter slot are already machined and, if you did the assembly right, align with them so the bar will actually be allowed to slide. We got that right the first time by using the miter gauge to check them before final tightening of the fixed table.

The extension table is attached to the fixed table by a long piano hinge and lots of screws. The fixed table is attached to the saw of choice by both brackets (with pre-drilled holes in the Unisaw cabinet in our case) and by two angled supports that go to near the bottom of the saw cabinet, again with pre-drilled holes for us. Other installations may require some drilling. Along with the single foot at the outer end of the table that is centered on the table and has a “T” at its bottom with two adjustable feet for leveling, the table makes a solid recipient of long pieces of wood that are being cut by the saw.

There is a spring-loaded locking pin on the leg that allows it to be folded up against the table and the moveable portion of the table dropped to lay parallel with the back of the saw. We have the Unisaw on its mobile base and this is a nice feature when moving it to clean or just to get it out of the way when not needed.

The table top is laminated with nice slick material that adds little friction as a board or a piece of plywood is slid over it. It is sturdy enough to use as an assembly table, but not so sturdy as to double as an extra workbench.

Should You Get It

If you do decide to use this as your means of extending the usefulness of your Delta Table Saw you won’t be disappointed. It is as solid as anything Delta makes and with the standard two-year warranty it is reasonable value for its cost. It is certainly better than the portable roller stands we had been using with the Jet Jet Contractor's Saw
which I still use in front of the Unisaw for boards over 6’ long and for sheet goods.

Many people build their own extension tables that have all sorts of variations in usefulness. This was one option we considered, but decided against in this case. It is a good option nonetheless. After some initial head scratching it went together with just some pain, looks good as a package, and the folding table works well in our setup.

Rousseau 2520 Outfeed Table

Rousseau 2520 Outfeed Table

ROUSSEAU 2520 OUTFEED TABLE FOR ROUSSEA U MOBILE MAX 2500 TABLE SAW STAND 79598d Our Store Policies Please take a moment to review our policies to ens...

Htc Outfeed Roller Table (Aluminum) 200 Lb. Model: HOR-1038

Htc Outfeed Roller Table (Aluminum) 200 Lb. Model: HOR-1038

Outfeed Roller Table, Load Capacity 200 Lb., Width 37 In., Depth 31 In., Height 37 In., Height Range 0 In. To 37 In., Tilting Angle 180 Degrees , Numb...
Grainger

Bosch Ts1002 Table Saw Rear Outfeed Support Extension

Bosch Ts1002 Table Saw Rear Outfeed Support Extension

NEW Bosch TS1002 Table Saw Rear Outfeed Support Extension $30.06 $40.95 Includes Rear Outfeed Support - TS1002 - Table saw rear outfeed support extens...

Bosch - TS1002 Table Saw Rear Outfeed Support Extension, Saws

Bosch - TS1002 Table Saw Rear Outfeed Support Extension, Saws

Bosch TS1002 Features: •  Table saw rear outfeed support extension •  Extends 18 and stores flush to table •  Extends working depth of Bosch ...
Toolup.com

Jet Infeed/outfeed Tables For 22-44 Drum Sanders 98-2202

Jet Infeed/outfeed Tables For 22-44 Drum Sanders 98-2202

CPO SEARCH SHOP BY CATEGORY Accessories Combo Kits Compressors Generators Cordless Tools Drills/Drivers Hand Tools Heavy-Duty Home Measuring Tools Met...

HTC Products, Inc. Outfeed Roller Table HOR-1038

HTC Products, Inc. Outfeed Roller Table HOR-1038

Extends your saw table a full 4' beyond the blade. Simplifies the difficult operation of wrestling a giant sheet of plywood (or any long piece of lum...
Lowe's

Bosch Tools Table Saw Rear Outfeed Extension - TS1002

Bosch Tools Table Saw Rear Outfeed Extension - TS1002

Extends 18 And Stores Flush To Table/ Extends Working Depth Of Bosch 4000 10 Table Saw/ Hardened Metal Construction/ Aluminum Mounts
Abt Electronics