Dewalt DW745 Table Saws Reviews

Dewalt DW745 Table Saws

Free Shipping Home Depot

DeWalt DW745 Portable Table Saw (with stand)

Oct 28, 2008

Pros:Power, accuracy, ease of use, excellent fence, great table surface.

Cons:The miter sucks. Buy a real one as you would with any other table saw.

The Bottom Line: Finally a product that truly delivers on its promises.  It's small enough to be a true portable but powerful and accurate enough to be a craftsman's tool of choice.

I read the many reviews on Amazon and in other places and this is the saw that everybody loves.  The pros love it, and that’s what really counts.  I’m a professional contractor and have been using this little wonder for about a month now, every day, sometimes for hours a day.  It delivers as no portable I’ve ever had does.

Sure the Bosch might be more “heavy duty,” but then it is also much bigger and much heavier.  I already have a big, huge cabinet saw in my shop. I wanted a portable and this one, at about 45 pounds, is not only light but small enough to get through most residential doors, a real bonus on remodel jobs  I bought the DW 7450 stand for it, too, and it is amazing.  Even when ripping 12-foot 2x stock there is no tendency to flip the stand over backwards.  I use a portable outfeed table behind the saw and it works as well as my big shop saw for most purposes. The table surface is slippery enough that heavy boards slide easily all the time.  A nice touch.

I especially like the smooth and easy “instant” blade-tilt mechanism.  No cranking and cranking, which has become such a valuable thing on this job as I am forever changing the tilt.

The straight-up and 45 degree stops are right on, right out of the box.  The saw needed no adjustments anywhere.

The fence is ingenious, accurate and very stable.  The readout is also accurate and I depend on it all the time for right-on cuts. You need to make one initial adjustment to the blade you're using, and then it is good to go.

The blade that comes with the saw is unfortunate.  Anyone who tries the saw and judges its performance with that lousy blade will be disappointed.  No way could you get a smooth cut out of that thing! I immediately replaced it with a 10” Forrest Woodworker II blade and I use it for everything.  I can rip through 2” thick stock as fast as I can push it through and I can cut finish moldings that look like they’ve been sanded with 180 grit.

I’ve used other portable saws and every one has had enough play in the motor bearings that the blade chattered in such a way that a smooth cut was impossible no matter what kind of blade I used.  I expected some of this with the DeWalt, as it is a direct drive saw, but it wasn’t happening.  The cuts are near perfect.

Anyway, if you’re looking for a truly portable jobsite saw that really does the job it’s supposed to, this is the one.  I’d buy it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks, DeWalt for an excellent product that exceeds my expectations!

Dewalt 10Table Saw Instruction Manual Model No. DW745 Item will be shipped thru the postal system....buyer to pay shipping costs Allow 2 to 5 Business...

Shop for Power Tools at The Home Depot. This lightweight, durable DEWALT 10 in. 15 Amp Compact Job Site Table Saw delivers powerful rip-cutting perfor...
Home Depot
Dewalt DW745. Features: 15.0 amp motor quickly rips through hardwood with ease. Rack and pinion fence design delivers consistent fence-to-blade parall...
Features15.0 AMP motor quickly rips through hardwood with easeRack and pinion fence design delivers consistent fence-to-blade parallelismTelescoping f...
Newegg.com