Dewalt DW745 Table Saws Reviews

Dewalt DW745 Table Saws

Free Shipping Home Depot

Rock solid accurate saw, does what I need

Jul 28, 2010

Pros:Solid, accurate, tough, reliable

Cons:Loud, a little heavy to move around

The Bottom Line: Worth the money. Skip the $120 special and spend the extra money to get this quality tool instead.

I needed a table saw to make some replacement kitchen drawer fronts. I didn't really want to spend a lot of money buying a saw to use only a few times - so I figured I would buy one of the many cheap $120 table saws that are available.

Unfortunately, every one of those saws was pure junk - cheap, wavy plastic tables, insufficient (and frequently broken) motor mounts, inaccurate, loose and useless measuring devices. I couldn't bring myself to waste $120 on one of those pieces of garbage.

I went back to my old standby, Dewalt. I own quite a few Dewalt power tools, and while, in my opinion, the quality of their products has slipped a bit in the last few years, they are still far better than a lot of the competitors' tools - you can be assured that it will do what you need, and won't break easily.

I ordered this saw online at Amazon, using the free shipping (7-10 days, it said) - and to my surprise, the saw arrived at my door the next morning! Sure glad I didn't waste money paying for overnight shipping!

First off, I will admit I am not a carpenter. I'm a DIY'er who has above-average experience building and fixing things. I've built furniture, and can fix just about anything. That said, I was a little taken aback by the manual. It made quite a few references to parts of the saw using technical terms, without really describing what those parts were. It took me about half an hour to figure out how all the guards, fences and so on all fit together. I'm sure a professional contractor who is more familiar with the terms used in the manual could do it much faster.

The saw is SOLID. I mean, rock solid. The table is a very solid, flat, precise slab of aluminum. The bottom of the saw is surrounded by a tubular steel frame, and the remainder is tough yellow plastic. It's not light, at around 70 lbs, but it's certainly not impossible to heft around, and weighs far less than my compound miter saw. It has two well-placed handles right under the table top that make it easy to move around.

The guards are very good - using them correctly, it would be very tough to injure yourself. Unfortunately, for cutting larger pieces, they have to be removed entirely - which is the case for most saws. That said, for ripping boards and so on, they would remain in place and do their job admirably. Removing or installing the guards takes seconds, and does not require tools.

Everything is adjustable and all measurements can be calibrated - everything from the blade angle, rip fence, blade parallax - it's all adjustable. Fortunately, the saw came out of the box perfectly calibrated, so I didn't have to change a thing.

The saw is very loud - but then, most table saws are. I recommend using hearing protection as well as eye protection while using it.

Many people in their reviews bemoan the fact that it cannot accept dado blades. I couldn't care less, I have no need of dados, and the saw works perfectly for what I need it to do.

Overall I'm very glad I spent the extra money to buy this saw, and I expect it to last basically forever, just like most of my Dewalt tools.

Dewalt 10Table Saw Instruction Manual Model No. DW745 Item will be shipped thru the postal system....buyer to pay shipping costs Allow 2 to 5 Business...

Shop for Power Tools at The Home Depot. This lightweight, durable DEWALT 10 in. 15 Amp Compact Job Site Table Saw delivers powerful rip-cutting perfor...
Home Depot
Dewalt DW745. Features: 15.0 amp motor quickly rips through hardwood with ease. Rack and pinion fence design delivers consistent fence-to-blade parall...
Features15.0 AMP motor quickly rips through hardwood with easeRack and pinion fence design delivers consistent fence-to-blade parallelismTelescoping f...
Newegg.com