-26%
Diamond Naturals Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Formula Dry Dog Food (40lb Bag) Reviews

Diamond Naturals Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Formula Dry Dog Food (40lb Bag)

+$4.95 shipping Chewy.com
+$5.95 shipping PetFlow

Diamond Naturals Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Formula: A Natural Choice For My Dogs

Jul 9, 2008

Pros:Nutritious formula with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants!

Cons:None!

The Bottom Line: Nutritious dog food that I don't mind feeding my dogs, no worries about fillers and unhealthy ingredients!

I used to be a faithful user of the Diamond brand of dog food. That is, until the big recall several years ago and Diamond was one of the brands involved. It took me a long time to have faith again in this product. My doxies have been using the Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice Adult Formula Dog Food, but they were getting a little bored with the same flavor day after day. I decided to pick up a bag of Diamond Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Formula Dry Dog Food when our current supply ran out. They love it!

Diamond Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Formula Dry Dog Food

I purchased the 40 lb. bag of Diamond Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Formula Dry Dog Food priced at $26.99 at a local store. The lamb and rice formula comes in a cream color bag with a red stripe down one side of the bag. This size bag will last me for almost 3 weeks. I've heard some say that is too expensive of a price to pay for dog food, but when you consider the fact that dogs eat less when the food is of a higher quality and lasts longer, the food is not really any more than what you would pay for several 15-17-or 20 lb. bags that you would get at the grocery store. The difference is these bags from the grocery store are packed with fillers, and many are unhealthy for your dog(s).

Diamond Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Formula Dry Dog Food contains no fillers, no by-products, no corn and no wheat. It is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and comes in a small kibble size that is perfect for my dachshunds. The kibble in this formula is shaped like a small dark brown square. It is crunchy and helps keep teeth clean and reduces plaque buildup. Diamond Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Formula Dry Dog Food also contains Omega 6-and-3 Fatty Acids to keep your dog's coat shiny and healthy.

Nutrition

Diamond Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Formula Dry Dog Food meets the Association of American Feed Control Officials approval and provides complete and balanced nutrition for adult dogs.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Vitamin E: 150 IU/kg
Omega 6 Fatty Acid: 2.2%
Omega 3 Fatty Acid: .4%

Ingredients:

Lamb meal, whole grain brown rice, cracked pearled barley, millet, egg product, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), rice bran, beet pulp, flaxseed, natural flavor, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Final Thoughts on Diamond Naturals Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Formula Dog Food

My dachshunds love the flavor of this dog food. They have been totally cleaning out their bowls at feeding time which is not their normal routine. They had been saving about half of the chicken and rice formula for later. I think this switch in flavors was just what they needed!

The kibble size is very small, even though this is not the formula for a small breed. The size of each piece of kibble is about 1/4 of an inch in size.

My dogs eat less food when on a good quality dog food. That means less waste product. And that makes me happy when it comes time to clean kennels. They have all done well as far as adjusting to a new flavor of Diamond dog food with no upset tummies. They are also full of energy even in the hot summer weather.

I highly recommend Diamond Natural Lamb Meal & Rice Adult Formula Dry Dog Food to anyone looking for a good quality dog food for their pets. It cost a little more when you buy it but it also lasts longer and the benefits outweigh a slightly higher price to pay for a high quality dog food.