Didax Unifix Cubes (500 Asstd Colors)

CLASSROOM : Didax Unifix Cubes

May 8, 2012

Pros:
THUMBS UP FROM OSAGE COUNTY FIRST GRADE

Cons:
NONE NOTED

The Bottom Line:  Easy to grasp by arthritic hands and Little Learner hands alike; Unifix cubes are multicolored, interlocking, and chunky.

Note: as with most of the items I review in this category the items are not toys, games, game pieces, game boards, or game machines, nor are they office supplies per se, rather these  are classroom type materials intended for use with Early Childhood, primary and older age Elementary students in a classroom or home school setting.

This product is a set Unifix Cubes
----------------------------

Didax™ Unifix Cubes Math Manipulatives, Instructional Materials, measuring about 1 inch square, having one open end along with an interlocking snap on end on the other are crafted of durable, high quality poly material.  Unifix cubes represent components, link in one direction to remain fixed until taken apart.

Used for teaching and reinforcement work for content areas of number sense, patterning, computation including addition and subtraction as well as multiplication and division, measurement, organizing, sorting, grouping, counting and more; these cubes provide the tangible quality needed by Little Learners as they begin developing necessary Mathematics skills.

I have enjoyed using small collections of Unifix Cubes in the past, however they are pretty expensive for teacher pay to consider; it was a happy day when rearranging materials in the storage cupboard in the room where Osage County First Grade uses a bank of computers to augment both Math and Language Arts instruction; I stumbled over this particular goody box.

The materials in the cupboard had been used by the after school program, a grant funded entity in place when I began teaching in the school where I have enjoyed nearly a decade. The grant ran its course, and the program ended, with all the materials now the property of our district and available for teacher usage.  What a nice bonus!

I find Unifix cubes to be a child pleasing, safe, and highly successful tools useful for teaching and reinforcing many of the state and Common Core Mathematics teaching standards.  Counting, number sense, ordering, categorizing, sorting, graphing, operations, so many of the mandated Mathematics areas are made easier for Little Learners to see, understand and grasp during instruction portion of the lesson as well as during reinforcement as Little Partners work together counting, adding, subtracting and enjoying themselves.

This package holds 500 cubes offered in 10 customary colors including: two shades of blue, light and dark, brown, black, green, maroon, orange, red, white, and yellow.

Unifix cubes are multicolored, interlocking, and chunky, designed to aid Little Learners in the four and to upper elementary age group as they grow math and number sense concepts.  We use the cubes during the preliminary number sense and patterning sessions and on throughout the school term until now at the end of the term we are using them to reinforce our learning as we prepare for the last day of school and the 12 week hiatus ahead.

Happy to recommend Didax™ Unifix Cubes Math Manipulatives, Instructional Materials.

Note:  Packages of cubes are available in a diversity of numbers and colors.

MORE DIDAX MATH REVIEWS
TWO COLOR COUNTERS

BALKA ACTIVITY BOOK

==================
Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly   martin
==================

For more product details, facts, and shipping information please check the  SEE IT button

---------------------
NOTE: The following is information regarding Didax Incorporated.

If you, as I, have an interest in company information in particular information regarding where items are manufactured and by whom, where they are offered for sale, safety standards regarding materials used and suitability for classroom usage due to expertise of the publisher and product designers,  or other pertinent classroom based information;
Please Read.

Should you not have such interest, Please skip.
---------------------

Internet search including the Didax site indicates: The name Didax comes from the Greek didaktikos, meaning -to teach-.

For over thirty years, Didax has specialized in helping educators address individual learning styles and diverse student needs. Since their introduction in the 70's, more teachers have used our Unifix® Cubes than any other manipulative in the world.

Each year Didax launches more pioneering hands-on, print, and software tools to make teachers more successful.  Nearly all our products come directly from teachers, and we are always accessible to consider ideas, needs, or suggestions.

We serve you from our offices and warehouse inRowley,Massachusettson the North Shore of Boston. Our international publishing partner is RIC Publications of Perth, Western Australia.  Together we serve teachers all over the globe.

Didax is proud to be a member of The Association of Educational Publishers, The International Reading Association, The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics and The National School Supply and Equipment Association.

Didax, Inc.
395 Main Street
 Rowley, MA01969

Type of Toy: Educational
Age Range of Child: Other

DIDAX UNIFIX CUBES 500 ASSTD COLORS

UNIFIX CUBES 500 ASSTD COLORS by DIDAX.
DD-221 UNIFIX CUBES 500 ASSTD COLORS

DD-221 UNIFIX CUBES 500 ASSTD COLORS

DIDAX DD-221 UNIFIX CUBES 500 ASSTD COLORS
Didax Unifix Cubes 500 Assorted Colors DD-221

Didax Unifix Cubes 500 Assorted Colors DD-221

Didax DD-221 UNIFIX® Cubes, 500 Box of 500 includes 50 each of 10 colors. Grade Level: K-9 Features: -Product Type: Learning Tools.Dimensions: -Overa...

Didax Unifix Cubes 100 Asst Colors DD-225

Didax Unifix Cubes 100 Asst Colors DD-225

Didax DD-225 UNIFIX® Cubes, 100 Box of 100 includes 10 each of 10 colors. Grade Level: K-9 Features: -Product Type: Learning Tools.Dimensions: -Overa...

Didax Unifix Cubes 1000 Assorted Colors DD-2BKA

Didax Unifix Cubes 1000 Assorted Colors DD-2BKA

Didax DD-2BKA UNIFIX® Cubes, 1000 Box of 1000 includes 100 each of 10 colors. Grade Level: K-9 Features: -Product Type: Learning Tools.Dimensions: -O...

Didax UNIFIX 100 Track

Didax UNIFIX 100 Track

Each grooved section is numbered from 1-10 on the bottom and according to the section's place in the 1-100 sequence on top, marked in increments of 11...
Quill.com

Didax 100 Unifix Cubes Assorted Colors Didax2-25 Brand

Didax 100 Unifix Cubes Assorted Colors Didax2-25 Brand

This package includes 100 cubes in 10 standard colors: red, dark blue, light blue, yellow, green, orange, maroon, brown, black and white. This is a gr...
Didax Unifix Cubes 240 Pcs DD-2121

Didax Unifix Cubes 240 Pcs DD-2121

Didax DD-2121 Box of 240 includes 60 each of 4 colors. Features: -Product Type: Learning Tools.Dimensions: -Overall Product Weight: 1.65.

Didax Unifix Equation Cubes DD-2100

Didax Unifix Equation Cubes DD-2100

Didax DD-2100 This set of Unifix Cubes provides a hands-on approach to presenting mathematical equations by allowing teachers to demonstrate abstract...