Digital Fever Thermometer Reviews

Digital Fever Thermometer

Digital Fever Thermometer

Sep 13, 2002 (Updated Sep 13, 2002)

Pros:works quickly, easy to read LCD display, lifetime guarantee, compact for travel

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: Digital Fever Thermometer an easy, quick, reliable way of taking your child's temperature.

When it comes to having a sick child most people know that the last thing you want to do is wake them up when they are sleeping. We also know that when you have a sick child taking their temperature is something that must be done regularly. We own several different types of thermometers but because this one works well under the arm we use the Digital Fever Thermometer when are children are sleeping.

The Digital Fever Thermometer is small and easy to use. Although we tend to only use this thermometer for under the arm or as the booklet calls it axillary readings it also works for both oral and rectal use. For children under five it is recommended that you take either axillary or rectal temperatures.

My children would much rather I take their temp under their arm and would throw a royal fit any time I tried to take it rectally, so I stopped taking rectal temps. My five year old understands not to bite down on the thermometer so I do take her temp orally. My two year old though, would with out a doubt in my mind bite down so I have not even tried to take his any way but axillary with this thermometer. We also own a thermometer that works by placing the end in the ear canal, although they don't mind having their temps taken that way, I have found this other thermometer to give me more accurate readings.

What does our Digital Fever Thermometer look like. Ours is just about four and a half inches long and white with a white on/off button. The LCD screen is approximately one inch long and about half an inch wide. The probe end is tipped with silver. Our thermometer came with a handy clear plastic storage case. I like this case because it keeps the thermometer clean and keeps the on button from being accidentally pushed and draining the battery. On the larger end of the thermometer the tip is about half an inch long, this is where the battery is stored.

The Digital Fever Thermometer came with a battery already installed. According to the specifications this battery will last for over 200 hours of continuous operation. I have been using this thermometer for more than two years now and have not had to replace the battery yet. The types of batteries that this thermometer is compatible with are: Duracell D392 or 10L125, Eveready 392, Ray-O-Vac RW27 or RW47.

How the Digital Fever Thermometer works is quite simple.

1.You press the on/off button , when you release the button the thermometer is in the mode called "ready to measure ".
2. On the screen you will now see L with the degree symbol and the letter F.
3. Place a sanitary plastic probe cover on the sensor tip, or wipe the end with rubbing alcohol. Position the thermometer either orally, rectally, or axillary.
4. The temperature reading will take 30-60 seconds, when the F stops flashing the reading is done. There is also a beeping sound to alert you that the thermometer has finished.
5. If you forget to the turn the thermometer off after 10-20 minutes the thermometer will shut itself off.
6. Throw away any used probe cover, or wipe off the probe end once again with rubbing alcohol.

When cleaning your thermometer you can either use rubbing alcohol or warm soapy water. Be certain to only clean the probe end being careful not to get the end with the LCD display on it wet, this could damage your thermometer and cause it to stop working correctly.

I use the sanitary probe covers rather than wiping with the rubbing alcohol. These covers are thin clear plastic and are readily available through the company that makes the thermometer. I ordered 100 covers for $6.00 plus $1.00 shipping. I like the ease of just slipping a cover over the probe end, taking the temp and then throwing the cover away. Several times during car trips I have had to take my children's temperatures, we would have had to pull over in order to clean the probe with rubbing alcohol, so the probe covers really are much more convenient.

As with any thermometers there are precautions:
1. Do not boil the probe
2. Do not drop the thermometer
3. Do not bend or bite the probe
4. Do not store the unit in direct sunlight, high temperature, high humidity or dust
5. Stop using thermometer if it works erratically
6. Keep stored out of children's reach, your child should be supervised during the entire time you are taking their temperature
7. Clean the probe before storing
8. Do not take the thermometer apart except the battery replacement area
9. If stored at a temperature below-freezing allow thermometer to warm to room temp before using

I like my Digital Fever Thermometer and would recommend it's use to any one trying to take a quick accurate temperature without a lot of fuss.

Adtemp Ii Digital Fever Thermometer By Adc 413

Adtemp Ii Digital Fever Thermometer By Adc 413

NEW ADC ADTEMP II DIGITAL FEVER THERMOMETER #413 Features:The first digital extended range thermometer Auto off function conserves battery life Replac...

Digital Baby Infant Fever Pacifier Nipple Thermometer

Digital Baby Infant Fever Pacifier Nipple Thermometer

LCD Digital Thermometer Fever Alarm, Music Alert with Memory. Water Resistance BRAND NEW! FAST SHIPPING! SHIPS FROM USA! PRODUCT DESCRIPTION NEW Desig...

No Touch Thermometer Baby Fever Temperature Lcd Adult Digital Child Non Forehead

Forehead Thermometer Baby No Touch Fever Temperature LCD Adult Digital Child Non Only 3 In Stock Order Today!Product Description No touch and traditio...

Lumiscope Digital Fever Thermometer Features Peak Temperature Beeper Last Read Memory - Model 2013. Manufacturer: Lumiscope - Model 2013. HCPCS: A4931...
Digital Pacifier Thermometer - With Musical Fever Alarm -

Digital Pacifier Thermometer - With Musical Fever Alarm -

Digital Pacifier Thermometer - with musical fever alarm - New Fast 90 second readout BPA FREE Soothing lullaby fever alarm plays twinkle, twinkle, lit...

Omron Digital Fever Thermometer Mc-104 Oral Family Rectal Arm Clinic Child

Omron Digital Fever Thermometer Mc-104 Oral Family Rectal Arm Clinic Child

FOR SALE IS A BRAND NEW OMRON DIGITAL THERMOMETER. IDEAL FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS. CAN BE USED ORALLY, RECTALLY OR UNDER ARM. READOUT IN 1 MINUTE. HAS ...

Digital Fever Thermometer - Oral - Model 561000

Digital Fever Thermometer - Oral - Model 561000

. This item may differ from the image shown. This item may be a replacement or optional part for the image shown, or differ in model, color, etc. Plea...
Tender Tykes, Digital Pacifier Thermometer With Musical Fever Alarm

Tender Tykes, Digital Pacifier Thermometer With Musical Fever Alarm

Tender Tykes, Digital Pacifier Thermometer with Musical Fever Alarm Tender Tykes, Digital Pacifier Thermometer with Musical Fever Alarm, clinical accu...

Assured Digital Thermometer Adult Child Baby Temperature Fever Alert Lcd Medical

Digital Thermometer Features -Fast, Accurate and Safe 60 Second fast read, on Easy to read LCD screen Fever alert - 3 beep burst for 10 seconds if tem...

Digital Thermometer 60 Sec Read, Fever Alert With 30ct. Probe Covers

Digital Thermometer 60 Sec Read, Fever Alert With 30ct. Probe Covers

Digital Thermometer Fast, Accurate Safe Plus 30ct. Probe Covers NEW! This auction is for (1) Digital Thermometers and (1) 30 count pack of Probe Cover...