Dirt Devil M086700 Vision Upright Cleaner Reviews

Dirt Devil M086700 Vision Upright Cleaner

Epinions Product Rating: OK

*Ugh* Itís time to vacuum again.

Mar 31, 2005
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:You can see when you need to dump the canister, safe guard.

Cons:Not as great of a vacuum as I wish.

The Bottom Line: If I had the receipt, I'd take it back. My only option now is to work on getting me a new one and donate this one.

Vacuuming is not one of my most favorite things to do when it comes to house cleaning. I vacuum every other day and it is near torture for me. Why do I hate vacuuming so much? It’s like mowing the lawn except you don’t actually trim the carpet. Maybe even mowing the lawn is a bit easier if you think about it. The mower actually pulls itself; all you have to do is guide it along. Vacuuming my floors is just the opposite. There is no automatic drive when it comes to the Dirt Devil Wide Glide Vision Bagless Upright

In this case, you get what you pay for. There are a few features that belong under the positive side.

• Extra wide 15’’ nozzle
• 12 amps with motor guard
• bagless

And that is about it. The cons outweigh the pros in my personal opinion

• Doesn’t pull itself
• Dust goes everywhere when dumping the canister
• Doesn’t suck strong enough to pick up Easter grass on the opposite side of the nozzle
• Heavy

The Dirt Devil Wide Glide Vision Bagless Upright cost us $59 at Wal-Mart. We decided to buy this vacuum cleaner for a few reasons. 1) bagless 2) large canister 3) inexpensive 4) It’s a Dirt Devil.

How well does it actually suck?

The 12 amps should be powerful enough to suck up anything. However, after Easter we had strands of grass laying here, there, almost everywhere. When I decided to just vacuum up the pretty, plastic strands, the big green vacuum wouldn’t do it unless it was on the side of the nozzle. Anything on the opposite side of the suction was just left behind. That’s not quite the suction power I’m proud off.

How durable is it?

Quite. I constantly bump it around. I bump it against the metal legs of our computer desk, against the walls and bookcases. It’s equipped with a rubber scuff guard to protect your furniture as well as the front of the big green machine.

Is it efficient?

Not in the case of saving physical energy. To push this vacuum takes using your arm strength. If you are into toning while doing house work, then you might enjoy pushing this one around. However, if you are busy cleaning up after 7 people for the majority of the day, like me, then you might be more happy with a model that will drive itself around with you just guiding where it needs to go.

Is it worth it?

I suppose when you consider how expensive vacuum cleaners can get, then only paying $59 for a vacuum is pretty cheap. However, I wasn’t happy with it after the very first time I used it. My carpet doesn’t look freshly vacuumed except in the less traffic areas. The parts of the carpet that are used the most look like I’ve skipped them. And this is with the carpet being freshly cleaned. I like those tracks the vacuums leave behind. You know the ones that actually look like the carpet has been pulled up and sucked clean by your vacuuming? I don’t get much of that with the Dirt Devil Wide Glide Vision Bagless Upright

So, if you are looking for something inexpensive but worthy of what money you do spend on it, reconsider before buying this one. You may have buyers remorse immediately, during the first use.

Other features vacuum includes are..

• Turbo tool and deluxe stretch hose which doesn’t actually stretch any further than other hoses.
• Hepa media Filtration which traps pollen and ragweed. That is, until you need to dump the canister. Then it goes everywhere.
• 15’’ wide cleaning path. This would be great if both sides of the vacuum sucked evenly.

(3) Dirt Devil F1 Bagless Upright Vision Pleated HEPA filter, Breeze, Featherlite, Jaguar, Kinetix self Propelled, Scorpion, Ult

Contact me if you are interested in larger wholesale quantities of this or other products. (2) 3JC0280000 Dirt Devil Bagless Upright F1 F-1 HEPA vacuu...
Dirt Devil 1540310001 Style 4 Belt - 2 Pack

Dirt Devil 1540310001 Style 4 Belt - 2 Pack

Genuine Dirt Devil Style 4 Belt fits the following Dirt Devil Upright models: Featherlite, Featherlite Plus, Featherglide, Scorpion, Scorpion Upright ...
EZVacuum.com

Dirt Devil Genuine 1jc0245600 Vacuum Wand Fits Many Models See Listing

Dirt Devil Genuine 1jc0245600 Vacuum Wand Fits Many Models See Listing

Fits these and other similar uprights: Ultra Swivel Glide, Vision Wide Glide, Envision Uprights, Ultra Vision, Ultra Vision Turbo, Vision Self Propell...

Dirt Devil Action / Reaction / Vison Wide Glide Uprights Brushroll 2JI1055600 - Genuine

Fits: Dirt Devil Models Reaction Dual Cyclonic/ Reaction Fresh / Vision Wide Glide / Action models M110020, M110005, M110000Q, M110002, M110006, R0867...
EZVacuum.com

Dirt Devil Vision Sensor Upright Vacuum Style 9 Belts 2 Pk Part 3990220044

Dirt Devil Vision Sensor Upright Vacuum Style 9 Belts 2 Pk Part 3990220044

Dirt Devil Model Vision Sensor Upright Vacuum Cleaner Style 9 Belts 2 Pk { 2 Belts Only } Genuine Part # 3990220044

Dirt Devil Style F16 Filter 086700, 086710, 086700W Dirt Devil Style F16 Filter

Dirt Devil Style F16 Filter 086700, 086710, 086700W Dirt Devil Style F16 Filter

Works With: Royal/Dirt Devil 2JW1000000 Royal/Dirt Devil 80-2309-03 Description:Generic Dirt Devil / Royal Style F16 Filter Fits Dirt Devil Vision, An...
Dirt Devil Model 086700 Vacuum Cleaner Hose Ro-ji0202

Dirt Devil Model 086700 Vacuum Cleaner Hose Ro-ji0202

Dirt Devil Model 086700 Upright Vacuum Cleaner Hose, Genuine Dirt Devil Hose RO-JI0202

Dirt Devil 086700 Vac Cleaner Bottom Plate Ro-ji0015-0

Dirt Devil 086700 Vac Cleaner Bottom Plate Ro-ji0015-0

Dirt Devil Upright Vacuum Cleaner Bottom Plate Fits Models: 086700, 110000, 110000HD, 110001B, 110002, 110003, 110005, 110006 RO-Ji0015 RO-Ji0015-0