Dogswell Vitality Chicken Breast (15oz) Reviews

Dogswell Vitality Chicken Breast (15oz)

+$4.95 shipping Chewy.com
+$6.99 shipping Natural Pet Discount

Dogswell That DOESN'T End Well

Feb 5, 2012 (Updated Mar 10, 2013)

Pros:high-protein, cage-free, NO - hormones, by-products, fillers, salt, sugar – nothin’ bad

Cons:made in China

The Bottom Line: This is a 5-star product if not for the "Made in China" issue

PLEASE NOTE: THIS REVIEW WAS WRITTEN BEFORE I KNEW BETTER...
These "treats" are made from chickens from China. And we ALL know that can't end well for a myriad of reasons.

The re-sealable orange and white 15oz bag says, “Dogswell… Because dogs are family too.” Once I saw that statement, I knew I was going to be fan of this company. Couple that sentiment with the fact that there are only four ingredients in this recipe and that spells a high-quality product I feel safe feeding to my furry children. We paid $15.49 at Target.

Dogswell suggests we feed our German Shepherds 6-8 strips per day. We give our dogs 2-4 per day. Dogswell makes dry and canned food, wraps, biscuits and jerky treats and they have six functional formulas; Happy Hips, Shape Up, Breathies, Mellow Mut, Happy Heart and Vitality.

We all know that the quality of pet treats ranges from absolute putrid garbage to high quality nutrition. I just wish there was an all-encompassing governing body to keep the pet food and treat companies to a higher standard. That doesn’t apply to Dogswell, however the fact that they’re manufactured in China might cause concern for some people. I’m not saying all pet food and treats made in China are dangerous, but the fact is that China has even lower standards when it comes to the manufacturing process and has come into question in the past. Add to that, the fact that using China removes American jobs and it might just strike a nerve or two. This is the only issue I take with this product.

INGREDIENTS:

Vitamin E: 500 IU/kg min
Vitamin A: 5,000 IU/kg min
Omega-3 fatty acids: 0.05% min

FINAL WORDS:

All three of our dogs adore these chicken jerky treats. Each morning, we offer them a doggie biscuit with a chicken jerky strip and they go for the chicken jerky strip first – every single time. I like that each piece is high in protein and low in fat without all the usual toxic ingredients. I wonder if their Mellow Mut formula is to calm down a hyper dog… if so, it’s my next purchase for our German Shepherd / Tasmanian Devil mix.

I realize that the cost of doing business with China adds to a company’s profit margin, but at what cost? They’re happy to take our American dollars but they use foreign labor and bypass giving back to America? I think it’s high time we start thinking about our own country’s needs before all others.

I really like seeing that Dogswell “is proud to donate to animal rescue groups and shelters.” Visit them online at dogswell.com/donations or call them at (888) 559-8833.

UPDATE 3/10/13:
I CAN NO LONGER ENDORSE THESE TREATS DUE TO THE CHINA-CONNECTION and the threat of animals getting sick from eating Chinese chicken.

Distributed by Arthur Dogswell. LLC of Westwood, California 90025.

Enjoy your pets and treat them like your children – not a burden. Cherish them and show them affection each and every day. You never know when their time on Earth is up. An animal could save your life or the lives of your family one day.

PLEASE READ MY OTHER DOG TREAT REVIEWS:

Old Mother Hubbard P-Nuttier Peanut Butter Treats

Milo's Kitchen Chicken Meatball Dog Treats

Milo's Kitchen Beef Slices with Rice

Nutro Natural Choice Chops

Dogswell Vitality Chicken Breast Jerky Dog Treats, 15-oz bag; All Dogswell products are made from premium, natural ingredients with one catch - unlike...
Chewy.com
All-natural wheat-free treats made with flaxseed and vitamins to help maintain healthy eyes, skin and coat. In beef, chicken, fish and duck flavors.
Natural Pet Discount
Dogswell produces premium, functional jerky treats with baked in vitamins and supplements for dogs. VITALITY Chicken Breast Jerky is made with
PetFlow
Dogswell produces premium, functional jerky treats with baked in vitamins and supplements for dogs. Vitality Chicken Breast Jerky is made with allnatu...