Dole Pineapple Chunks, 20 Oz

Dole Pineapple Chunks A bright way to get a fruit serving each day!

Apr 30, 2008

Pros:Cheerful looking fruit, bright, sweet and flavorful!

Cons:None, really!

The Bottom Line: Dole Pineapple is always of great quality, fresh tasting and wonderful to eat. I have never had a tough or hard piece of pineapple from this brand name!

I love buying the big packs of canned items at the warehouse stores because you get a killer price on products (as long as you are watching what you buy!). Items like pineapple have always been terrific and it’s not the store brand that you are getting. You are getting name brand, like Dole Pineapple, which, to me, always has the best taste!

I picked up a package of the Dole Pineapple Chunks and have been working on these for quite some time. I especially like the expiration date. Some items you purchase and they expire within a month or two. These last up June 2009, so we have plenty of time to eat all of the cans. But, eating them all will not be a problem, as we enjoy these very much and use the pineapple chunks frequently.

The Product

This is pineapple chunks which are similar to triangle shaped pieces. Therefore, they are not the smashed down pineapple pieces and they are not the pineapple rings. These are perfect sized to add to salads, cooking and just eating straight out of the can!

This particular product is packed in 100% pineapple juice and do NOT have added sugar! It will be just the pineapple juice itself in these cans, which is refreshing. A lot of fruit products, if you read the label, have a lot of added sugar like corn fructose syrup, dextrose, sugar and other items snuck in there to give the fruit a sweeter flavor and add a tremendous amount of calories to each serving! Some people actually strain off the juice from these cans and drink the pineapple juice rather than dumping it out. You can also use this juice to enhance recipes like when you back off a ham or something similar!

This can with 20 ounces of product shows that a serving size is a cup, so you will get roughly 4 servings for this one can of pineapple chunks. The cans are filled quite nicely with pineapple chunks too. Unlike bags of chips and cereal where they have to put a disclaimer that “contents may settle during shipping”, the can of fruit is packed quite well and does not have settling. So, what you see is what you get!

I have found that the pineapple in these cans always tastes wonderful. Have you ever cut a fresh pineapple and had tough or hard pieces of pineapple? I have had those before. But, I have NEVER ran across hard pineapple pieces with the Dole Pineapple product lines.

The Ingredients

This product contains the following:

Pineapple, pineapple juice, water, clarified pineapple juice concentrate and citric acid

How is that for short and sweet! I enjoy ingredients like this as you don’t see a lot of fillers and things being added to make the product appear better than it truly is. The can also states there are no preservatives!

Nutritional Facts

As mentioned earlier, you have 4.5 servings in this one container. Each serving size is cup of pineapple. The nutritional information is based upon a standard 2,000 calorie diet.

Calories 60 Calories from Fat 0
Protein 0 g
Vitamin C 25%
Iron 2%

Overall Impressions

Dole Pineapple has always been a favorite in my household even my parent’s household! We enjoy the refreshing flavor, the variety of uses and the texture and healthy properties that pineapple provides. The can states this is high in antioxidant Vitamin C.

The can also provides recipes inside the label if you want to tear the label off to see them! One thing that you should do, though, if you open the can and do not use all of the pineapple at that time: store the remaining pineapple in the refrigerator in a glass or plastic container. Do NOT store the unused pineapple in the refrigerator in the can. The can, for those interested, is a recyclable item!

The color, flavor, juiciness and overall pineapple have always been of good quality. This pineapple is enjoyable to eat. If you want to try to get your 5 – 9 servings of fruit a day, a cup of this product is 1 serving for the 5 a day recommended fruit serving! If you try it, I hope you enjoy it as the sweetness and flavors are wonderful!

~Thank you for spending time with me today!~

Dole Pineapple Chunks in 100% Pineapple Juice - 20 oz. - 4 ct.

Dole Pineapple Chunks in 100% Pineapple Juice - 20 oz. - 4 ct.

Feel revitalized with the fresh taste of sun-ripened Dole Pineapple Chunks in 100% Pineapple Juice. Rich in nutrients, fruit gives you healthy energy ...
Dole Pineapple Chunks in Heavy Syrup 108 Ounce Cans (Pack of 6)

Dole Pineapple Chunks in Heavy Syrup 108 Ounce Cans (Pack of 6)

Dole Pineapple Chunks in Heavy Syrup 108 Ounce Cans (Pack of 6) - Founded in Hawaii in 1851 Dole is the world's largest producer and marketer of high-...
Dole Pineapple Chunks 23.5 Ounce Jars (Pack of 8)

Dole Pineapple Chunks 23.5 Ounce Jars (Pack of 8)

Dole Pineapple Chunks 23.5 Ounce Jars (Pack of 8) - Founded in Hawaii in 1851 Dole is the world's largest producer and marketer of high-quality fresh ...
Dole 100% Pineapple Juice 24 / 8.4 Fl Oz Single Serving Cans

Dole 100% Pineapple Juice 24 / 8.4 Fl Oz Single Serving Cans

Dole 100% Pineapple Juice 24 / 8.4 fl oz Single Serving Cans Dole Pineapple Juice was awarded the ChefsBest award by the American Culinary ChefsBest. ...

Dole Pineapple Fruit Bowl Tidbits in 100% Pineapple Juice 4 - 4 oz cups (Pack of 6) - Dole Pineapple Fruit Bowl Tidbits in 100% Pineapple Juice 4 - 4 ...
Dole Pineapple Crushed in Juice 8-Ounce Cans (Pack of 24)

Dole Pineapple Crushed in Juice 8-Ounce Cans (Pack of 24)

Dole Pineapple Crushed in Juice 8-Ounce Cans (Pack of 24) - Pineapple Canned Crushed in 100% Pineapple Juice 8 oz. Pull-Top Can
Dole Pineapple Juice 46-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)

Dole Pineapple Juice 46-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)

Dole Pineapple Juice 46-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12) - Pineapple Juice Canned 46 Fl oz.Can.