Domino Confectioners Sugar 16oz

Domino Confectioners Sugar Sweetens My Baking

Aug 5, 2008 (Updated Aug 5, 2008)

Pros:Pure cane sugar, consistent quality.

Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: When I bake, I depend on the quality taste and consistency of Domino Confectioners Sugar.

Baking is second nature to me, and I enjoy creating all types of sweet goodies in my kitchen. What I do not like is when I spend money on ingredients that do not provide a good end product, so I usually stick to specific brands while I am shopping. Domino Confectioners Sugar is one product that I can always depend on for good quality.

Domino's Confectioner's Sugar contains 15 calories per teaspoon, and a serving size is 1/4 of a cup, which has 120 calories, no fat, 30 grams of carbohydrates and no protein which not really a surprise since this is a sugar product. The one pound box contains about 3 3/4 cups of sugar.

Confectioners sugar is sometimes known as powdered sugar or icing sugar, and it is cane sugar that has been ground to a fine powder. This one is "10-X powdered" which means it is the finest ground, and there is cornstarch added to to prevent caking.

Inside this yellow box is a sealed plastic bag containing the very fine white sugar, and I usually just use a twist-tie to close it up and store it in the box in the cabinet. I had been told that once opened, this type of sugar should be used within a year, but I have never had a package for that long, so I cannot attest to that. I have always had soft powdery sugar when I use this product.

For the most part, I purchase Domino Confectioners Sugar in a one-pound box for about $1.50, but at holiday time, I have been known to purchase warehouse sized packages since each year I get more and more requests for my peanut butter cups, which require a cup of confectioners sugar per batch. I also bake merengue cookies which require a substantial amount of confectioners sugar, and I mix it with water to make icing to top sugar cookies before adding sprinkles or other decorations. Confectioners sugar is very fine and dissolves in liquid, so it is used in recipes where you would taste the granules of regular sugar if that was used.

When I bake, I like to begin with quality ingredients, Domino Confectioners Sugar is a brand I trust. Store brands may be slightly cheaper, but at $1.50 or less per sixteen-ounce box, I always purchase Domino.

3 16 Oz Boxes Of Domino Confectioners Pure Cane 10-x Powdered Sugar

3 16 Oz Boxes Of Domino Confectioners Pure Cane 10-x Powdered Sugar

DOMINO CONFECTIONERS 10-X POWDERED SUGAR THREE BOXES This listing is for THREE 16 oz boxes of Domino Powdered Sugar. All items are fresh and factory s...

10X Confectioners Sugar - 25 lb.

10X Confectioners Sugar - 25 lb.

Granulated sugar ground to a smooth, soft powder and then sifted to give you the finest product possible, this 10X confectioners sugar is a perfect in...
WebstaurantStore