Dookie by Green Day

Am I just paranoid, or am I just stoned?

Feb 8, 2002

Pros:Funny lyrics, up beat, happy...

Cons:No comment!

The Bottom Line: It's happy, it's funny, it's good music...IT'S GREEN DAY!! What did you expect?

For years, I had been a loyal rock and roll listener. Here and there I would pick up a R&B CD, or if I was feeling REALLY lucky, I would go for a rap or light rock CD. It wasn't like I was against other music, rock and roll is just something I favored over other types of music. I don't exactly know what drove me to the punk section of the CD store, but I'm happy that I went to that area. I guess it's the crazy stage I'm in right now. I'm a 15 year old girl who's trying to figure what I like and why... what better place to try to figure out who I am than in the music department?

So anyway, my friend was telling me she got this new album... "Well, it's not really new, it was made in 1994 by Green Day." she said, "It's called Dookie and the cover of the CD is really funny, I think you would like the CD."

So being the crazy music lover I am, I like ran to the store and picked up a copy. When I came home to listen to it, all I could think was "Oh my god! I know this song... 'When I come around!'... I used to sing this song back in the day! I had no idea they sang this!" Not only did I know and LOVE that song, there were others such as 'Basket Case' that sounded familiar too.

After I was done listening to the CD for like the fifth time in a row, I realized that I went in the fast lane and started enjoying a totally different type of music(ok, well it wasn't a drastic DRASTIC change, but it was a definite change...) and I got to say that I loved it! This music is loud (which is good for when you're in your house alone and you need to sing or prance around naked... whatever floats your boat), I personally think it's funny, it has a good beat to it, and to me it's just like... happy!(even though my mother to this day thinks it's, and I quote "very angry", but to all those who have listened to this album or to those who LOVE this album know that it's not angry, and in no way influenced me to do mad acts of violence)

So if you're the type that wants to be more open when it comes to music, and hasn't had the taste of Green day, I most certainly recommend Dookie or anyone of their CDs (e.g. Nimrod).

Great Music to Play While: Driving

Men American Punk Rock Band Green Day Dookie Album Cover Graphic Tank Top Xl

Men American Punk Rock Band Green Day Dookie Album Cover Graphic Tank Top Xl

You Are Bidding On GREEN DAY TANK T-SHIRT -TAGS SIZE: XL -100% COTTON -FRONT GRAFFIC TEE MEASUREMENT XL -CHEST 23 INCHES -LENGTH 33 INCHES WE ARE ALWA...
CafePress Dookie Speaks Black T-Shirt

CafePress Dookie Speaks Black T-Shirt

Dark T-shirt100% preshrunk cotton, Charcoal Grey is 50% cotton/50% polyesterCrew NecklineStandard FitMachine Wash Cold

CafePress Dookie-Poo Black T-Shirt