Dove Essential Nutrients Non Foaming Cleansing Lotion

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Dove Essential Nutrients Non-Foaming Cleansing Lotion - Modern Day Cold Cream

Oct 27, 2003 (Updated Oct 27, 2003)

Pros:hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, non-foaming, for sensitive skin

Cons:has a scent though it states is fragrance free, on occasion does irritate my skin

The Bottom Line: While this has improved my skin & is soothing to use, on rare occasion, it has irritated. Use with caution, see if it suits your sensitive skin's needs.

There are a number of things I do not appreciate as I age, and one is that the product I've used for skin care for more than 35 years, Noxema Original Face Wash, is no longer adequate for my skin care needs. Tossed out onto the crowded market filled with counters of expensive products promising to "reduce the appearance of fine lines" or to "plump up" my skin, it's been dizzying trying to find something to just clean my skin without drying or irritating it! Did I find my solution in Dove Essential Nutrients Non Foaming Cleansing Lotion? Read on to find out!

~ The Product
Dove Essential Nutrients Non Foaming Cleansing Lotion comes in a graceful milky white plastic container, featuring a narrower base that curves out to have "shoulders", and culminates with a wide blue flip top lid at the head. The container holds 6.76 fl oz. (200 ml) of creamy textured and colored product of a slightly thinner consistency of the cold cream my grandmother would use on her face every night. There is a pleasing, slight scent which is a surprise since this product promises to be "soap, irritant, dye and fragrance free". I can not tell which one of the ingredients is providing the scent. The label description promises that this product is suitable for sensitive skin, and will deeply clean without causing irritation, and you are promised "skin so healthy it glows."

~Use and Results
This non-foaming cream lotion is to be applied to dry skin, rubbed in gently and then rinsed off with warm water alone or using a soft washcloth as well (or wipe off with tissue). In 9 out of 10 uses, the use of this cleansing cream has been soothing and gentle, doing a superb job of washing away the oils I find on part of my face at the end of the day, and without further drying those pesky dry spots I now find. It is soothing to massage the creamy lotion in, and I prefer that it is non-foaming. I enjoy the trip back in memory, but appreciate that this product rinses off easily and completely, unlike the cold cream of old. However, that 10th time, leaves me with cheeks flushed bright red, and itching around the forehead and a tingling burning around the nose. Since I am undergoing skin and hormonal changes, it is hard to know what to attribute some changes to, but this did occur once, after using the product, so I can not say that this will never irritate your sensitive skin. I would recommend this but with the caution that you may have the same experience as I.

~The rest of the details
Dove Essential Nutrients Non Foaming Cleansing Lotion is hypo-allergenic, and non-comedogenic. The only caution listed is if you get this in your eyes, rinse them thoroughly with water. Per the company website, the Essential Nutrients refers to ingredients needed by your skin, and they mention use of Spring Water and Green Tea, however neither are listed in plain English on the ingredients list.

Ingredients:water, petrolatum, stearic acid, mineral oil, glycol stearate, PEG-8 dilaurate, magensium aluminum silicate, disodium EDTA, stearamide AMP, dimethicone, carbomer, triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, ethylene brassylate, titanium dioxide(CL 77891).

~Final Thoughts
Dove Essential Nutrients Non Foaming Cleansing Lotion has a good chance of becoming a new staple in my small but growing collection of products to clean, moisterize and re-hydrate my sensitive, changing with age, skin. It is well worth a trial purchase.

Thanks for reading!

Dove Essentials Nutrients Sensitive Skin Non Foaming Cleansing Lotion 6.76 Oz

Dove Essentials Nutrients Sensitive Skin Non Foaming Cleansing Lotion 6.76 Oz

You're buying 1 DOVE ESSENTIALS NUTRIENTS Sensitive skin NON FOAMING CLEANSING LOTION 6.76 oz

Dove Essential Nutrients Self Foaming Cleanser 6.76 Oz

Dove Essential Nutrients Self Foaming Cleanser 6.76 Oz

Dove Essential Nutrients Self Foaming Cleanser 6.76 oz You Are Bidding On :Description: Dove Essential Nutrients Self Foaming Cleanser 6.76 oz Size: 6...

28 Cleansing Pillows Dove Face Care Essential Nutrients

28 Cleansing Pillows Dove Face Care Essential Nutrients

You are buying 1 pack of 28 Pillows cleansing Dove face care essential nutrients DISCONTINUED

Dove Sensitive Essentials Non Foaming Cleansing Lotion (lot Of 2)

Dove Sensitive Essentials Non Foaming Cleansing Lotion (lot Of 2)

DOVE FACE CARE ESSENTIALS FRAGRANCE FREE NON FOAMING CLEANSING LOTION YOU'RE GETTING 2 BOTTLES 6.76 OZ EACH Check out my other items ! Be sure to add ...

Dove Face Care Essential Nutrients, Clarifying Toner (6.76 Ounces)

Dove Face Care Essential Nutrients, Clarifying Toner (6.76 Ounces)

texasgreatdeals Store Brand new, never used; Dove Face Case Essential Nutrients Clarifying Toner 6.76oz. DISCONTINUED PRODUCT, NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Th...

Lot Of 3 Dove Face Care Essential Nutrients Day Lotion Spf15 - 2 Oz / 60 Ml

Lot Of 3 Dove Face Care Essential Nutrients Day Lotion Spf15 - 2 Oz / 60 Ml

You are buying a Lot of 3 Dove Face Care Essential Nutrients Day Lotion SPF15 2 oz / 60 ml