Dr. Scholl's Original Exercise Shoes for Women Reviews

Dr. Scholl's Original Exercise Shoes for Women

Dr Scholl's Original Exercise Sandal

Sep 21, 2008 (Updated Sep 21, 2008)

Pros:The contoured wooden outsole has a specially designed raised toe grip

Cons:toe grip takes some getting used to

The Bottom Line: The textured rubber outsole fixed to the bottom of the wooden sole is slip-resistant, which means the sandals can be worn nearly anywhere without worry about falling.

As a young teacher, back when dinosaurs were rampant on the earth, I discovered that slipping these DR Scholl Original Exercise Sandals forWomen on my feet the minute I returned to the house after a day spent in 3 inch high heels and on my feet for most of it; helped to ease the getting used to wearing shoes again after the summer of barefoot or sandals.

Back in the early days the Original Exercise Sandals for Women were touted as -The contoured wooden outsole has a specially designed raised toe grip that encourages calf and leg muscles to exercise just by walking. So, the more you wear them, the better your legs will look-. And I find that the old blurb is still used today, maybe it is true, whether they do anything for the legs or not they certainly help my feet feel better.

How nice that DR Scholl Sandals wear like iron, I still have my first pair bought in the early 1970s, the rubber sole has worn away, the wood is old and looks something like weathered barn wood, Husband gets out the saddle oil and periodically oils the leather strap and I wear them all summer in the yard for gardening if I am not barefoot.

And, I keep a pair right by the door where I can put them on each day upon my return to the house at the end of my present teaching day. Off come the heels and on go the Dr Scholl’s. I did buy more than one pair of leather Dr. Scholl’s when I got my first wooden sole ones. I will admit the old tried and true wooden clogs have remained my favs since the 1980s.

I’m glad to see these original exercise sandals are again being offered, although, I cringe a little at the current price. Heh, my first pairs, cost $10 each, on the other hand, the wooden sole clogs I found then, I found only in a dark camel. Today there is a wide variety of pretty colors including a nice red, so I’ll not complain.

For a while, the sandals seemed to have disappeared, I thought perhaps it was simply that I had moved from California and away from the drug store where I bought my first 3 pairs of Dr Scholls and they just were not available here in the middle of the nation. Apparently they have been out of pocket everywhere, and now are back, at least on Amazon. Thank goodness.

Trying to learn to wear the shoes can be daunting for some. The wooden sole is unforgiving, on the other hand it is so comforting to tired feet at the end of the day. Many people find the –bump- at the base of the toes to be unbearable, but as soon as I had gotten used to it I found the bump to be wonderful for exercising the tired foot muscles which had been constrained in the enclosed foot box of a pump style shoe. I well remember limping around during the first days after getting my first pair of the sandals, even wearing them only for a few hours in the evening became a real test of will for a short time.

But I also found that by wearing the sandals my foot felt so much better, gone was the –high heel ache and hurting in my arch- so I persevered and within a week the getting used to the solid wood sole and the bump had passed. Interestingly no matter how long I now go between wearing or not wearing the sandal; I no longer have any problem. I suppose once the foot has gotten used to the feel it is just there.

The strap across the toe is pretty stiff and many find it so uncomfortable that they give up the sandals for good. I have found that saddle oil does soften the leather just enough to be more comfortable. The inside of the strap is a rough leather which can rub a blister if the strap is not fasten tightly across the top of the foot. I have never had this particular problem, but some of friends who began wearing the sandal at the time when I first did.

DR Scholl Original Exercise Sandals for Women are offered only in whole sizes i.e. 5-6-7-8 etc. I buy the next size up when I get a pair.

Many people seem to have a problem with the slide lock buckle. I do not; the arthritis has progressed some since the 1980s, but I can generally get it even yet. The buckle does not lift up or twist, it slides to the outer part of the shoe beneath the slide buckle closure the leather strap will have a hole to be placed over the knob which is the other part of the slide buckle.

I have found that trying to close the buckle with the sandal on the foot is arduous at best. If a new pair of sandals, then I try the shoe on, if the strap is okay do nothing, but if the strap is too loose then I slide the buckle to the outer part of the shoe, lift the strap with the hole off the pin, put the next hole over the pin, and slide the buckle and try my foot in the sandal again. For me hit and miss until right has proven a lot easier than trying to pretzel myself into buckling the thing on my foot.

The Dr. Scholl's exercise sandal is fine worn with many casual outfits, women often wear them with levis, dresses or other informal attire. They are not very suitable for any formal affair of course, but are fine for a picnic, street wear and running errands. An added benefit; feet will not be so angry when you return home, if you run those errands or wander the park in a pair of Dr. Scholl’s.

From the time these signature sandals appeared on the shelves in 1968, Dr. Scholl's has been a brand tantamount with comfortable footwear and healthy feet. Even today, Dr. Scholl's continues to create footwear using the latest information from podiatric medicine and research to transfigure the way Americans think of, and care for, their feet.

For many years DR Scholl Original Exercise Sandals for Women have helped to ease my tired feet as they are getting used to wearing shoes again after a summer of barefoot or sandals. I particularly like to wear my DR Scholl Original Exercise Sandals during the summer with summery dresses plus I like wearing them in the evening after a day teaching in high heels. Happy to recommend.

===========================
Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly martin
===========================

Product Details and Shipping Information from Amazon
Dr. Scholl's Women's Original Exercise Sandal

Product Features
IN STOCK AND READY FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT!!
Leather upper
Rubber sole
Made in Italy

Product Description An original American classic, the Dr. Scholl's exercise sandal is perfect with so many outfits. It features an adjustable leather strap with a suede-lined padded backing for a comfortable fit. A gleaming metal slide buckle and polished rivet details add a touch of shine. The contoured wooden outsole has a specially designed raised toe grip that encourages calf and leg muscles to exercise just by walking. So, the more you wear them, the better your legs will look. And because the textured rubber outsole is slip-resistant, you can wear them just about anywhere with confidence.

The Dr. Scholl's Original Smooth Leather women's sandal features a wood finished bottom on a 1 1/4-inch heel with a rubber composite outsole for traction. Other comfort features include a contoured footbed and arch support.

Colors available on Amazon include: Black, White, Red, Tan, Pink, Navy
Whole Sizes 5 – 11
Product Details
Shipping Weight: 3 pounds
Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
ASIN: B0007DAH7G

$33.99 - $35.00
===================================

About Dr. Scholl's

From the moment its iconic exercise sandals hit the shelves in 1968, Dr. Scholl’s has been a brand synonymous with comfortable footwear and healthy feet. Today, Dr. Scholl’s offers comfortable footwear in a variety of fashionable styles that range from casual to elegant to fun and funky.

At thesame time, Dr. Scholl's continues its tradition of utilizing the latest podiatric medicine and research to revolutionize the way Americans think of, and care for, their feet.

Dr. Scholl's Inspire Womens Exercise Fitness Walkers Athletic Sneaker Shoes Sz 9

ATTENTION! I ALWAYS KEEP PHOTOS OF THE ITEM SERIAL / PART NUMBER. ____________________________________________________________________________________...

Dr. Scholl's Orig Collection Original Sandal Sandals (Blue Leather) - Women's Sandals

Sizes Available: 9.0 M. An icon of effortless style the Dr. Scholl’s Original Exercise Sandal is the heart of our brand. Perfectly simple playfull...
Shoes.com

Dr. Scholl's Winder Men's Slip on Shoes Size 8 W

Dr. Scholl's Winder Men's Slip on Shoes Size 8 W

Stay light on your feet and look good while you're at it with the handsomely sturdy Winder work shoe by Dr. Scholl's. Upper made with genuine leather....
Zappos.com

Dr. Scholl's Kimberly Women's Lace up casual Shoes Size 10 W

Dr. Scholl's Kimberly Women's Lace up casual Shoes Size 10 W

A long day on your feet doesn't have to feel like it with the comfort and style of the Kimberly sneaker. Premium leather upper in a sporty silhouette....
6pm.com

Dr. Scholl's Harrington Mens Leather Work Boots & Shoes

Dr. Scholl's Harrington Mens Leather Work Boots & Shoes

The Dr. Scholl's Harrington Occupational feature a Leather upper with a Round Toe. The Man-Made outsole lends lasting traction and wear.
Dr. Scholl's Dance Clogs Women's Shoes

Dr. Scholl's Dance Clogs Women's Shoes

Don't be surprised if you feel like dancing! The Dance clogs by Dr. Scholl's lend superior cushioning and flexible comfort to the funky, retro design ...
Macys.com

Dr. Scholl's Work Kimberly N/S Med/Wide Shoes (Black) - Women's Shoes

Dr. Scholl's Work Kimberly N/S Med/Wide Shoes (Black) - Women's Shoes

Sizes Available: 6.5 M. Dr. Scholl's Work shoe with massaging gel insole and slip-resistant outsole. This shoe looks as good as it feels! Comfortable ...
Famous Footwear

Dr. Scholl's Women's Dance Slip-On - Pewter

Dr. Scholl's Women's Dance Slip-On - Pewter

Womens Casual Slip On Shoes from Dr. Scholl's: Dr. Scholl's Women's Dance Slip-On - Pewter-Patent. Slip On Casual Clog Shoes. Sizes: 10,6,7,8,9 Widths...
ShoeMall

Dr. Scholl's Kimberly Super White Shoes All Sizes.

Dr. Scholl's Kimberly Super White Shoes All Sizes.

You are purchasing a brand new factory sealed DR. SCHOLL'S KIMBERLY SUPER WHITE SHOES.ALL SIZES! GET IT HERE FIRST! FAST RELIABLE SHIPPING TO YOUR DES...

Brand Dr Scholl's Arch Pain Relief Orthotic Womens, Sizes 6 - 10

Brand Dr Scholl's Arch Pain Relief Orthotic Womens, Sizes 6 - 10

!!!!!!!BRAND NEW Dr Scholl's Arch Pain Relief Orthotic Women’s, Sizes 6–10 !!!!!! BRAND NEW Dr Scholl's Arch Pain Relief Orthotic Women's, Sizes 6...