Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King  (Sony PlayStation 2, 2005) Reviews

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (Sony PlayStation 2, 2005)

Dragon Quest VIII is a must have RPG

Apr 10, 2006 (Updated Jul 24, 2006)

Pros:Excellent gameplay

Cons:Music is not in depth enough at times

The Bottom Line: This game deserves to be in the game library of any RPG fan.

Having played DW games since the NES days I had a fair idea as to how the controls would handle. The character movement is sharp and the response time for the commands is just right. I found that the controls have a fluid feel and the menu and such is well laid out. The Menu has been redefined and it takes some getting used to but after a half hour it was like second nature to me. Controls Rating = B Next up Visuals. The game looks beautiful. This is some of the best cel-shading I have ever seen in a game. The look and feel of the world is breathtaking. One of the neat features is the ability to go into first person viewing and take a look at your surroundings. I highly recommend running around the lush environment and taking peeks at all there is to see. Visual Rating = A Voice Acting. Superb from what I have seen so far. This is also the First Dragon Quest game to have voice acting and it is spot on. Pleasant voices seem to capture the emotion of the characters speaking. Voice Acting = A Interest value. This game has set the stage for a mystery or two. The opening intro leaves a lot of question to be answered and during the first mission to the waterfall cavern still much is left out in the open. After a couple hours the game still has not really explained the relationship to the other members in your party. I believe these relationships will be slowly introduced as time goes on though. Interest Value = B- Overall rating. So far this game is an exceptional addition to the Dragon Quest series. I highly recommend picking this game up! Overall Rating = A-

Hi, thank you for taking the time to visit our listing. This listing is for the Dragon Quest VIII Journey Of The Cursed King Play Arts Yangus Brand Ne...