Dyson DC17 Animal Cyclone Upright Cleaner Reviews

Dyson DC17 Animal Cyclone Upright Cleaner

Worth The Price - Dyson DC17 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum

Dec 8, 2009

Pros:great suction, easy to use, easy to clean, attachments, bagless, HEPA filter

Cons:price, doesn't go under beds well

The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a new, reliable, nice looking, vacuum that cleans really well, I would highly recommend the Dyson DC17 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum.

I have been through many vacuums in my lifetime. It seems I was buying a new vacuum every year or two. I have been looking at the Dyson DC17 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum for many years but the price tag always got me and I would go with a cheaper model. Two years I finally broke down and bought a Dyson DC17 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum. I figured it if lasted, it would be worth it since I was buying between a hundred and two hundred vacuum every year or so, $500 was a good investment if it lasted. Please do not tell my hubby I paid that much for a vacuum though as he would freak!

I have had my Dyson DC17 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum for two years now and love it. We do have a dog, Sugar. She is a beagle/collie mix. She has longer hair and sheds a lot. I was shocked the first time I used my new vacuum. I could not believe how much dog hair it picked up and I thought my carpet was clean. I actually emptied it and vacuumed again. I was amazed with the suction of my new vacuum.

The Dyson Vacuum comes fully assembled. So all I had to do was bring it into the house and pull it out of the box and it was ready to go.

So what makes this vacuum worth so much? For me it is the suction. I still can’t believe when I vacuum, how much stuff this vacuum picks up. Because of having a dog, I vacuum daily before leaving the house. I am amazed with how much hair it picks up. The DC17 has Root Cyclone technology. The Root cyclone technology has eight smaller suction cyclones instead of one or two larger ones. This is what they say creates better suction.

The Dyson DC17 has a motorized brushbar on the bottom of the vacuum. It is self adjusting and has worked great on all my carpets. There is also a touch button on the vacuum that turns the brush off if you have delicate carpets or hardwood floors. This is easily done with just a touch of the finger. Push it again, and the brushes come on again.

There is a red button on the front of the vacuum which turns the vacuum on and off. There is also a grey button on the other side of the red button which turns the brushbar on and off.

The Dyson Animal is bagless, so no bag to purchase. I always had problems with my sweepers with bags and it would take me forever to get the bag in right. I don’t have this problem with my Dyson because it doesn’t have bags.

The DC17 comes equipped with numerous tools. There is a stair tool, a turbo brush, a crevice tool, and a floor tool for cleaning under beds. My Dyson Vacuum also came with Zorb odor remover which is made by Dyson and an 8.5 ounce can of Syzoly stain remover. The tools are all easy to use and self explanatory to use. The tools have come in handy when cleaning corners, walls, furniture, beds and under beds. I use the tools weekly.

To use the Dyson vacuum, you push the red button and it turns on. You take your foot and press down on the front of the vacuum so the handle moves and start vacuuming. Easy to do.

The Dyson Vacuum is a bit heavy. It weighs about twenty pounds. I live in a ranch home so I do not have to lift it up stairs. So the weight of the vacuum is not an issue for me. It is light and effortless to move around the house. The cord is thirty five feet long so I have no problems maneuvering between rooms without unplugging and plugging back in.

The DC17 is easy to clean and empty. I do empty mine after each use. You push the button in over the bagless contain and it slides right out. You then hold the container over a trash can and push the red button and the bottom opens up and dumps the debris.

The vacuum comes with a HEPA filter that has a lifetime warranty. I have taken it out to be cleaned but after many uses, it still looks like new. You can clean it by running the filter under warm water. I do this about every six months. We do like that it has the HEPA filter as my husband does have allergies.

About every six months I clean the whole vacuum. I do this by using my husband’s air compressor and hose. I hose down the whole vacuum, cleaning out all the pipes. My husband takes the unit apart and I clean all the parts. I also wash the bagless container.

The Dyson DC17 has a seventeen inch extension hose which is easily removed from the base of the vacuum. This hose comes in handy when cleaning cobwebs. The hose also has great suction so be careful. I used it once to clean my venetian blinds and they got bent up a bit. The hose is a bit awkward to use though, it doesn’t bend easily.

The Dyson DC17 is stylish in its own right. Mine is purple and gray and my son says it reminds him of a robot.

One downfall for me was the documentation that came with my vacuum. I didn’t find it very useful. The vacuum is pretty self explanatory but it would have been better to have documentation to show me how to disassemble it for cleaning. I did go online to dyson.com and found the user’s manual and printed it out. I’m not sure if it was just forgotten in my box or it doesn’t come with a user’s manual and you have to print it out.

Another downfall for most would be the price. It kept me from buying one for years. So far, I truly believe that it was well worth the price. My sister has had her Dyson DC17 for four years and hasn’t had any problems. The DC17 does come with a five year warranty.

Another thing I don’t like is that you can bend the vacuum that it fits under a bed. It does come with the attachment that you can do under beds, but I just wish the vacuum would bend to do the job.

Because of the suction, you do need to be careful around throw rugs. My son has a Daytona race track rug. I thought I would clean it with the brushbar in action. Well I ended up tearing the one side of the rug as it got sucked up into the vacuum.

What more can I say about the Dyson DC17 Vacuum. For me it is easy to use and has suction power like no other that I have ever used.

I purchased my Dyson DC17 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum at BJ’s. I have seen it in other stores and I’m sure you can purchase this online. I paid $499.99 and still have found it for around that price.

The Dyson DC17 would make a great wedding present or gift for someone who needs a new vacuum. If you have pets in your home, I highly recommend this vacuum and you will be shocked when you see how much pet hair this vacuum picks up.

I also thought I had a clean house, with the Dyson CD17 Animal Vacuum, I KNOW I have a clean house.

If you are looking for a new, reliable, nice looking, vacuum that cleans really well, I would highly recommend the Dyson DC17 Animal Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum. It is well worth the money I spent on it.

Brand Dyson Dc41 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner

Brand Dyson Dc41 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner

Cleaning your home is no more a hassle with the Dyson DC41 Animal upright cleaner at your command. Featuring a Radial Root Cyclone technology, this Dy...

Dyson Dc41animal Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner

Dyson Dc41animal Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner

Dyson DC41 Animal Ball Upright Vacuum with 4 Bonus Attachments

Dyson DC41 Animal Ball Upright Vacuum with 4 Bonus Attachments

The best just keeps getting better! The Dyson DC41AN features everything you love about the Dyson Animal--the self-adjusting active base plate, the RA...
QVC

Dyson DC41 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner

Dyson DC41 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner

Features Radial Root Cyclone technology Conventional vacuums rely on bags to trap dust and dirt. But when you start to use some bagged machines, dust ...
Newegg.com

Dyson DC41 Animal Upright Vacuum (Refurbished)

Dyson DC41 Animal Upright Vacuum (Refurbished)

Keep your home clean from dirt, dust, pet hair or allergens with this upright vacuum from Dyson. A washable filter, mini turbine and instant release w...
Brand Dyson Dc41 Animal Complete Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner,5-year Warranty

Brand Dyson Dc41 Animal Complete Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner,5-year Warranty

Brand Dyson Dc41 Animal Complete Upright Vacuum Cleaner Free Shipping

Brand NEW Sealed in Box Dyson DC41 Animal COMPLETE Vacuum Cleaner (Pink)Fast Free Shipping DC41 Animal Complete is a Dyson Ball upright vacuum cleaner...

Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum Purple

Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum Purple

The DC39 Animal vacuum has Dyson s latest Radial Root Cyclone technology with remodeled airways to maximize suction power. It has Ball technology to t...