Dyson DC25 Multi Floor - Yellow/Gray - Vacuum Cleaner Reviews

Dyson DC25 Multi Floor - Yellow/Gray - Vacuum Cleaner

animal drawbacks

Apr 6, 2011

Pros:Good on carpet, good attachments, long cord, easy to empty.

Cons:Hard to maneuver, needs more than 1 sweep, hose broke, not good on laminate/tile.

The Bottom Line: I would not replace it if it broke. Don't buy unless you can test it out on your home first.

I read one review about a plastic piece breaking but discounted it as it was the only bad thing I read.I am nearly 60 yrs old and have pets. My husband got it for me for Christmas 2009. I have used it for 18 months and would not replace it if it broke. I would look for another brand.PROS:It's a nice feeling to watch how much dirt and fur it sucks up. I love the duster attachment for the ceiling fan and to get under furniture and in corners and dust my husband's work room. It picks up dust w/o disturbing fragile knick-knacks or tools.I love the love the long electric cord that lets me go across an entire room, sometimes into most of a second room. I love to be able to clean the filters with simple water and to not have to deal with a bag.It is extremely easy to empty the dust container and replace.It works better on carpet then on laminate, wood or tile floors.CONS:It is hard to maneuver. I broke my wrist and couldn't manage it and my daughter tried but couldn't help because it caused her back spasms to act up. I hired housecleaners and they didn't like it- too awkward so used their hoover. Even though it picks up lots of visible dog and cat hair, if I go over the same spot 2 or 3 times it picks up lots more. Not sure why it can't do it the first time. Just 4 months later and the hose broke off from the attached plastic cap that secures to upright piece. I have to use duct tape to keep it connected. I would not say it was user error, just heavy use from switching between hose and upright. The suction is powerful and sucks in the hose so much that when I extend it fully to reach corners of ceiling it was a struggle. Not the best design if you need to go between hose and upright. Worked poorly on laminate floors and tile. It seems to blow the cat hair around instead of sucking it up and won't suck up a heavy un-popped popcorn kernel or a lightweight bulky piece of popped popcorn.

Keeping your home neat and tidy will become easy if you own the Dyson DC25 All Floors upright vacuum cleaner. Featuring a cyclone technology, this Dys...