EIGHT IN ONE Pro-Pet Roundworm Liquid De-wormer For Dogs Reviews

EIGHT IN ONE Pro-Pet Roundworm Liquid De-wormer For Dogs

Eight In One ProPet Roundworm Liquid Dewormer for Dogs

Sep 20, 2009 (Updated Sep 21, 2009)

Pros:Effective dewormer, available at most pet stores.

Cons:Only works on round worms.

The Bottom Line: Preventative medication used to prevent roundworms in dogs and to rid present roundworms in dogs.

Keeping your pet dog free of parasites, i.e. roundworms is a part of pet ownership.  Roundworms are common and can be picked up in various ways.  Prevention is the key.

Our latest pet is a dog named Oreo.  He was found under our house one day when we came home from work.  He had been dropped off in the area and had a wound, probably from a fight with a wild animal.  Oreo recovered and has been a loyal dog ever since.

Although we have seen no signs of any kind of worms, we wanted to take preventative measures to protect him from them.  We chose Eight in One ProPet Roundworm Liquid DeWormer for Dogs.

Eight in One ProPet Roundworm Liquid DeWormer for Dogs

Eight in One ProPet Roundworm Liquid DeWormer comes in a 4 fl. oz. bottle packaged in a box.  It retails for about $5.99 a bottle and can be found at most pet stores.

This is an effective product for removing roundworms from the intestines.  It kills the roundworms but is not effective in killing larvae.  So again, prevention is the key.

Why should you bother to remove roundworms, you may ask?  Because if your dog has roundworms, he/she can pass them on to other dogs and even cats.  It also compromises their health if not treated.  Roundworms can migrate to other organs such as the liver and lungs in your pet if not treated.  This will eventually lead to death.

Even if you have no evidence of roundworms in your dog, treating pets anyway is a good preventative way to ensure that they are not infected.

Directions and Dosage

it is suggested that you administer Eight in One ProPet Roundworm Liquid DeWormer for Dogs with food or shortly after your pet has eaten.

Dogs over 6 weeks in age can be treated.  Dosage is listed on the package at one teaspoon per every 10 pounds of weight of your pet.  So for a 20 pound dog, they would get 2 teaspoons of Eight in One ProPet Roundworm Liquid DeWormer for Dogs.

After the first dosage, you will wait 14 days and then repeat the treatment.  For preventative measures give your dog a dose every 30 days after the second treatment.

Side Effects

It is important to watch your dog for any side effects.  Some dogs experience nausea, vomiting or even tremors.  Contact your vet immediately if any of these symptoms occur.

Active Ingredient

250 ml Piperazine base as Piperazine Citrate per teaspoon.

Inactive Ingredients

Caramel coloring, flavor, glycerin, methylparaben, potassium sorbate, sugar, vanillin, and water.

My Experience with Eight in One ProPet Roundworm Liquid Dewormer

I have used this product before when we raised mini dachshunds.  It is effective in ridding roundworms and also a good preventive medication to keep dogs from getting roundworms.

I have never had a dog get sick from using this product.  However, you should always be careful when administering any kind of medication to a pet.

This product should also be kept out of reach of children.

My one complaint is that this product is only effective on roundworms and not other types of worms too.

Recommendation

This is an effective product that is made by a trusted company.  It is available in most pet stores at a reasonable price.  Being readily available, makes it inexcusable for pet owners to not provide this or other brand of wormer to their pets.

Recommended:  yes!

Effective against large roundworm in dogs and puppies. Prevents re-infestation of Toxocara canis and Toxascaris leonina in dogs and puppies. For use o...