eMachines T6212 (160 GB, AMD Athlon 64, 2 GHz, 512 MB) Desktop - T6212 Reviews

eMachines T6212 (160 GB, AMD Athlon 64, 2 GHz, 512 MB) Desktop - T6212

E-Machines T6212 PC Desktop ~A Good one!

May 21, 2005 (Updated May 21, 2005)

• Quality of Tech Support:

Pros:Great for gamers, it has a lot of memory, new hardware and easy to upgrade.

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: This machine is good for the gamer, the music freaks and general everyday PC users. It has the latest hardware and good support.

I have had absolutely no luck with computers lately. I purchased a gateway about ten months ago. The Gateway went down within three months. I didn’t have the time or means to run around trying to get the thing fixed so I purchased a Compaq computer. This one lasted two months before both DVD and CD drives quite. That was a bummer, I couldn’t play anymore games. I could still get on the Internet though, so I just kept using the machine. I also called the company and spent two hours trying to fix the thing over the phone. I think the dude was from Bangladesh, I couldn’t understand much. Then about a month ago that computer crashed hard. With no drives working I couldn’t recover it. I will never buy another computer from a military PX. I will never buy another gateway or Compaq either (Little did I know, I just did).

So a friend of mine drove me down to a Comp USA. I was surprised by their selection. I told the salesman that I was tired of crappy computers! He took me right over to the latest top of the line tower. It was an eMachine and I laughed. I asked him if he was crazy. I know that eMachine was making the cheapest computer on the market a couple of years ago. He pulled the side panel off like Richard Petty opening the hood to his race car. “….Let me show you the hardware in this baby”. I was thinking, Man this dude needs to get out of the store a little more often!

He rattled off some high speed low drag computer lingo for about two minutes. Let me tell you sir, this baby is top a the line, it has Windows XP, a AMD Athlon 64 processor, and an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphic IGP, and a ton of firewire ports. A matter of fact this comes with a free IEEE 1394 Firewire. I tell ya this tower has a 3200+ Processor, a 160 GB Hard drive and an 8 in 1 memory card reader. A DVD+ / RW with a 16x double layer drive and seven USB ports, four in the back three in the front. I just nodded my head as if I knew what the hell he was saying. The CD-ROM is x48 and it comes with 512 MB DDR SDRAM with duel channel memory. An older gentleman was standing behind me listening, he nodded with approval too. The one sentence that he said that I understood was that this was the best computer for the money in the store.

I also noticed that there is a lot of room for future upgrades. The Tower ran me $624.00 with a mail in rebate of $50.00 so it will cost a total $576.00 if I remember to mail in that freakin rebate. When you in an Army medical hold company you don’t have things like cars. Everything you do is a project. My project today is making it to the PX and back. I have had this tower for awhile now and I am happy with it. I have never purchased a top of the line computer so it’s new to me. I definitely notice the speed and graphics when I am playing a game are much better.

I am also starting to buy music on the Internet and its nice having a machine with a lot of memory like this one. When I get my music organized I will be able to burn some music to CD’s and listen to my favorite tunes. I have always wanted to make my dad a CD with his favorite tunes. This will kill some time for me while I am in this place. This machine has Compact Disc / Rewritable, RW DVD + Rewritable and DVD R/RW. It also has a Digital Media Manager, SD/MMC/ SM/MS/MS-Pro port and a CF Microdrive port for those of you who wish to use them.

Features

◊ The eMachine T6212 Model Tower
◊ Keyboard
◊ Mouse
◊ Two Speakers

Conclusion

I have had real good results and luck with my new eMachine T6212. Even know I don’t use some of the high speed hardware it nice knowing that I have it on board. I also like knowing that I have one of the latest and high speed computers. I can upgrade this machine at anytime if I want something better. I like the Video card. I like playing strategy games such as Rome Total War and Rise of Nations. This tower plays these games well and works fine with Direct X V9. It looks like this machine will last longer than my two previous PC’s. If you are tired of buying cheap computers you may want to give this new high speed low drag eMachine T6212 a shot. This hardware in another brand of computer will cost you $800+, The Value may be the best thing about this computer. The PC World magazine gave this machine the highest overall reliability & service award. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised especially if you play games a lot. I give this one four of five stars.

www.emachines.com

Thanks for the read,

2005 Joe McMaster

Operating System: Windows
Processor: AMD Athlon (K7)
Processor speed: over 1000

AMD Athlon II X3 450 - ADX450WFGMBOX

AMD Athlon II X3 450 - 3.2 GHz - 3 cores - Socket AM3 - Box

Amd Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2 Ghz (ada3700dka5cf) Processor

Amd Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2 Ghz (ada3700dka5cf) Processor

Now enjoy enhanced system performance and faster speed with this AMD processor. With built-in AMD64 technology, the AMD Athlon 3700+ processor offers ...

Amd Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ 2.2 Ghz 939 Pin Cpu

Amd Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ 2.2 Ghz 939 Pin Cpu

Gadgetsea Product Info Payment Shipping Disclaimer Return Policy CA Recycling Fee AMD Athlon Processor 3500+ 2.2GHz Socket 939, Retail Limited-Time Am...

AMD ADA3500IAA4CN 2.2ghz Amd Athlon Processors

AMD ADA3500IAA4CN 2.2ghz Amd Athlon Processors

AMD - ATHLON 64 3500+ 2.2GHZ 512KB L2 CACHE 2000MHZ FSB SOCKET AM2 90NM 62W PROCESSOR ONLY (ADA3500IAA4CN). SYSTEM PULL. IN STOCK.
Server Supply

Amd Athlon 64 Processor Model 3500+ 2.2ghz Socket 939, Retail

Amd Athlon 64 Processor Model 3500+ 2.2ghz Socket 939, Retail

Model: AMD Athlon 64 Processor Model 3500+ Core Count: 1 Thread Count: 1 Frequency: 2.2 GHz L2 Cache: 512 KB CMOS Technology: 90nm SOI Socket: Socket...

Amd Athlon 64 3200+ 2 Ghz (ada3200iaa4cn) Processor Socket 939 Brand

New OEM AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2 GHz CPU Won this in a contest years ago, never been used.

Brand Amd Athlon 1.33ghz(a1333ams3c)266fsb Skt A thunderbird Core Cpu

Brand Amd Athlon 1.33ghz(a1333ams3c)266fsb Skt A thunderbird Core Cpu

Hi I have a brand new sealed OEM AMD Athlon socket A 1.333GHz Thunderbird266FSB CPU (A1333AMS3C) in clamshell case.This is guaranteed non DOA with no ...