EAS Advantedge Carb Control Ready To Drink Chocolate Fudge 24 Cans Supplement Reviews

EAS Advantedge Carb Control Ready To Drink Chocolate Fudge 24 Cans Supplement

EAS AdvantEDGE Shakes have been my Breakfast for over a Year!

Jan 15, 2008

Pros:taste good, low carbohydrates, high protein

Cons:slight aftertaste

The Bottom Line: This shake has become a good choice for me to have for breakfast!

EAS AvantEDGE Carb Control Ready To Drink Shakes have been my breakfast for more than a year now. I buy the Chocolate Fudge variety and after trying other flavors and even other brands of ready to drink shakes, these are the only ones I buy now.

Several years ago, a doctor recommended to me that I lower my intake of carbohydrates as blood tests revealed that I was showing insulin resistance, a precursor to diabetes. She recommended that I eat few foods with refined flours or sugars in them. At first, this was especially difficult for me, especially at breakfast time as I was used to eating cereals and bagels or toast for breakfast. The doctor suggested eggs or egg substitutes but I am not terribly fond of eggs. I can eat them once in a while but the idea of eating eggs for breakfast every morning just did not appeal to me.

So, I went off in search of a substitute. I tried low carbohydrate bars and shakes of every kind and variety from Atkins to Slim Fast and many others until I stumbled upon the EAS AdvantEDGE shakes.

Description
The EAS AdvantEDGE shakes that I buy are chocolate fudge flavor. The shakes come in an 11 oz box with a pull tab on the top. I simply use a straw to drink the shakes right through the opening but I suppose you could drink it right out of the box too or you could pour it into a glass. I find that these shakes are best when chilled so I keep a number of them in my refrigerator at all times.

The taste is hard to describe. It is definitely chocolate flavored and it is not the really fake chocolate that I hate. It does not, however taste like my favorite Hershey’s chocolate. In my opinion, the flavor is appealing and not something I had to “get used to.” I liked it from the very start. It is smooth and does not contain lumps like some of the powder shakes I first tried. It is consistent throughout if you remember to shake before drinking as it does not settle out quickly like some of the other shakes I had tried.

The only problem that I have with the EAS shakes is that there is a slight aftertaste when you are finished the shake. I have to take medication every morning so I always drink a glass of water after my shake to take my pills with and this takes care of the aftertaste. It is a mild aftertaste that I could live with if I forgot to drink my water but thankfully, the water is a part of my routine and a good habit anyway so I drink it after my shake!

What’s in the shakes
Each 11 ounce serving contains 110 calories. The calories are made up of 3 grams of fat, 4 grams of carbohydrate, 2 of which are fiber so it’s really on 2 grams net carbohydrates, and 15 grams of protein.

From the box, the ingredients are:

Filtered Water; Protein Blend Soy Protein Isolate; Whey Protein Concentrate; Calcium Caseinate); Cocoa Powder Processed With Alkali; Natural and Artificial Flavor; Sunflower Oil; Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Magnesium Phosphate; Potassium Citrate; Calcium Phosphate; Sodium Citrate; Sodium Ascorbate; Vitamin A Palmitate; Beta-Carotene; dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate; Niacinamide; Zinc Gluconate; d-Calcium Pantothenate; Pyridoxine Hydrochloride; Manganese Gluconate; Thiamin Hydrochloride; Folic Acid; Chromium Chloride; Potassium Iodide; Phytonadione; Sodium Molybdate; Sodium Selenite; Cyancobalamin); Cottonseed Fiber; Sodium Hexametaphosphate; Xanthan Gum; Sucralose (Splenda Brand); Acesulfame Potassium; Carrageenan; Dextrose; Lecithin

Nutrition
These shakes not only contain just a little bit of carbohydrates, they have a fair amount of added vitamins and minerals. Again from the side of the box, here is the breakdown of what is included:

Vitamin A 20%
Copper 10%
Manganese 15%
Chromium 30%
Molybdenum 20%

How do these shakes make me feel?
These shakes give me the “get up and go” that I need to start my mornings. I am not a coffee person so that was never an option for me. However, after eating my bagels or cereal in the mornings, I never felt quite ready to face the day. Not only that but by 10AM, I was always hungry again and ready to munch! Now that I drink my EAS shakes each day, I feel more energetic and I rarely get hungry before lunch time, unless I’ve had to get up and have my shake extra early for some reason. Normally, I have my shake around 8-8:30AM and I eat lunch right around noon and this works out just fine with no hunger in between.

What advantages have I seen
Over the past year, I have lost close to 45 pounds. Do I credit it all to the EAS shakes? No, but in some part it has definitely helped. By having my shake each morning, I have cut down on the number of total calories in my breakfast and I have cut the number of carbohydrates to almost nothing. In addition, I have cut out a mid-morning snack due to these shakes so that has helped reduce overall calories as well. Nonetheless, I have also changed my eating habits throughout the day in ways that have nothing to do with the shakes. And, I started exercising and I know that has definitely been to my advantage. So, while the shakes deserve credit as they have definitely played their part, they were not the sole player in my weight loss.

In addition to this, I have not developed diabetes. I did have gestational diabetes while pregnant but it went away after the pregnancy when I returned to drinking my shakes. I have been drinking the shakes for over a year now, for every breakfast, and although my doctor is carefully watching my blood sugar numbers, I have not developed diabetes. My blood sugar numbers have remained in the normal levels and I do credit a big part of that to my change in diet, including the EAS Shakes!

Recommendations
I do recommend the EAS AdvantEDGE Shakes to anyone who is trying to cut down on carbohydrate intake. My husband, who is diabetic, occasionally has one of my shakes and he enjoys them too though he also enjoys making his own shake concoctions in the blender out of weird things that I will not touch. But, when he is in a hurry, he’ll grab on of my EAS Shakes on the run and he finds them as satisfying as I do. They have become a part of my life and I do think that they are actually pretty good! Much better than any others I had previously tried!

EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Ready-to-Drink Shake, Chocolate Fudge (18 shakes)

EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Ready-to-Drink Shake, Chocolate Fudge (18 shakes)

EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes are ideal for individuals looking to hit their protein goals while also managing their weight. Quick and ready to d...
EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control  Ready-to-Drink Shake, Rich Dark Chocolate, 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Ready-to-Drink Shake, Rich Dark Chocolate, 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control  Ready-to-Drink Shake, French Vanilla 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Ready-to-Drink Shake, French Vanilla 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Protein RTD 24 11 oz

EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Protein RTD 24 11 oz

The AdvantEdge Carb Control Ready-to-Drink shakes deliver a high quality, 17 grams of protein with only 3 grams of carbohydrates per serving. Each Rea...
LPsupplements.com

Eas Advantedge Carb Control Ready-to-drink Shake, Vanilla - 24 Pk (s481540)

Eas Advantedge Carb Control Ready-to-drink Shake, Vanilla - 24 Pk (s481540)

17g of high-quality protein 100 Calories 1.5g of net carbs EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes are ideal for individuals looking to hit their protein g...

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control  Ready-to-Drink Shake, Chocolate Fudge 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Ready-to-Drink Shake, Chocolate Fudge 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

Eas Advantedge Carb Control Ready-to-drink Shake, Chocolate - 24 Pk (s117702)

Eas Advantedge Carb Control Ready-to-drink Shake, Chocolate - 24 Pk (s117702)

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control  Ready-to-Drink Shake, Strawberry Cream 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Ready-to-Drink Shake, Strawberry Cream 11 fl oz carton, 4-count