Eas Advantedge Carb Control Ready To Drink Strawberry Cream 24 Cans (791083302340)

Eas AdvantEdge Carb Control Strawberry Cream Drink - Great tasting low carb snack

Oct 19, 2011 (Updated Oct 19, 2011)

Pros:tasty, low calorie, low carb, fills me up

Cons:none noted

The Bottom Line: EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Strawberry Cream drinks are a reasonably priced, tasty, low carb shake, that leaves me feeling satisfied, with no stomach upsets

I have been using EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control drinks for over 10 yrs. Some of them taste great, some taste awful, but The Strawberry Cream flavor is a winner. I originally found them because I was looking for a good tasting snack or meal replacement that was low carb. Most of the other drinks like slim fast have way too much sugar for me so when I found the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Drinks I was hooked.

Description of Eas AdvantEdge Carb Control Strawberry Cream Drink

This yummy strawberry shake comes in a small squared off aseptic carton with a peel off top. The outside has a foil look to it and it comes with four 11oz cartons to a package. When you open the little peel off tab, you can see that the cartons are full to the top. I tend to shake them before drinking but there is not a lot of air in there to get much shaking going. Generally the drink is pretty well mixed up even without shaking it.

Drinking EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Strawberry Cream Drink

The consistency is not too thick, maybe similar to that of milk. The Taste is not too sweet but has a mildly sweet strawberry flavor. The flavor is not super strong, but to me they are pleasant. What I really like about the EAS carb control drinks is that for very low calories, you get a low carb, high protein treat that actually fills you up. I will sometimes have one in the morning to take my vitamins or in the mid afternoon as a snack to tide me over until dinner. They are also nice for bedtime if I do not want to have something heavy but want a little something.

How EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Drinks affect me (physically)

I have trouble consuming sugary shakes or even the slim fast ones because they make me feel all gassy and bloated. The EAS carb control drinks do not do that to me at all. They just leave me feeling satisfied. Since they are very low in sugar, there is no impact on my blood sugar. I tend to get hypoglycemic if I drink or eat a lot of carbs so these are great for me. EAS carb control would be great for low carb dieters or diabetics as well. Really anyone on a diet will enjoy these low calorie snacks.

Cost Value

I have paid as much as $6 a package for the EAS drinks but a few years ago I discovered Walmart routinely sold them for just over $4. I started purchasing them there exclusively, and have now discovered that other stores are selling them at that lower cost. At just over $1 a carton, I feel this is a reasonable price for a low carb snack, with some nutritional value.

Compared to Atkins Low Carb Strawberry Drink

I have tried the Atkins Strawberry Shakes too and they taste a little sweeter with a stronger strawberry flavor, but I actually prefer the EAS ones. The Atkins ones are a little thicker too and I just do not care for them as much.  The other thing is that the Atkins drinks can be as much as $2 more for a pack of 4.

Ingredients and Nutritional
Ingredients and Nutritional data is included in this review but please make sure to check with the manufacturer and read the labels before purchasing as things can change over time.

For more information please visit their website at www.EAS.com

Ingredients (from website)
Water, Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate. Less than 2% of the Following: Vitamin & Mineral Blend (Potassium Citrate, Magnesium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Ascorbate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Carbonate, Zinc Gluconate, dl-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Manganese Gluconate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Beta- Carotene, Vitamin D3, Biotin, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide, Phytonadione, Cyanocobalamin), High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Cellulose Gel, Gellan Gum, Acesulfame Potassium, Sucralose, and Red 3.

Contains milk and soy ingredients.

Nutrient Data (from website)

Serving Size: 11 fl oz (330 mL)
Calories: 100

Manganese:     20
Chromium:     30
Molybdenum:     20
Chloride:     2

Thanks for reading my review

If you have questions or comments feel free to leave them in the comments section

Becky

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control  Ready-to-Drink Shake, French Vanilla 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Ready-to-Drink Shake, French Vanilla 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes are ideal for individuals looking to hit their protein goals while also managing their weight. Quick and ready to d...

Eas Advantedge Carb Control Ready-to-drink Shake, Vanilla 24 Pack Exp:04/2015

Eas Advantedge Carb Control Ready-to-drink Shake, Vanilla 24 Pack Exp:04/2015

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Ready-to-Drink Shake, Vanilla 24 pack EXP:04/2015 FRENCH VANILLA 17 grams of high-quality protein to help manage hunger an...

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control  Ready-to-Drink Shake, Rich Dark Chocolate, 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Ready-to-Drink Shake, Rich Dark Chocolate, 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

Eas Advantedge Carb Control Ready-to-drink Shake, Vanilla - 24 Pk (s481540)

Eas Advantedge Carb Control Ready-to-drink Shake, Vanilla - 24 Pk (s481540)

17g of high-quality protein 100 Calories 1.5g of net carbs EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control shakes are ideal for individuals looking to hit their protein g...

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control  Ready-to-Drink Shake, Strawberry Cream 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Ready-to-Drink Shake, Strawberry Cream 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

Eas Advantedge Carb Control Ready-to-drink Shake, Chocolate - 24 Pk (s117702)

Eas Advantedge Carb Control Ready-to-drink Shake, Chocolate - 24 Pk (s117702)

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control  Ready-to-Drink Shake, Chocolate Fudge 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Ready-to-Drink Shake, Chocolate Fudge 11 fl oz carton, 4-count

EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control RTD 24 - 11 Fl. Oz. Cartons - Rich Dark Chocolate

EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control RTD 24 - 11 Fl. Oz. Cartons - Rich Dark Chocolate

Smart, Balanced Nutrition For Active, Carb-Conscious People!
BodyBuilding.com
EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Dark Chocolate Protein Shake - 4 Count (11 oz each)

EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Dark Chocolate Protein Shake - 4 Count (11 oz each)

Find energy and sports drinks at Target.com! The lowdown 17 grams of quality protein 1 - 3 grams of net carbs packed with essential vitamins and miner...