Safety 1st Easy Saver Diaper Pail (23019) Reviews

Safety 1st Easy Saver Diaper Pail (23019)

+$5.99 shipping Toys R Us

I see the trash can, but where is the diaper pail?!

Mar 1, 2008

Pros:Cheap, easy to use, contains odors well, no special bags required.

Cons:Needs changing more frequently because of odors.

The Bottom Line: This is the easiest diaper pail system out there other than a regular trash can! Uses regular kitchen bags and holds a lot, too! Decent odor protection.

This was not our first choice in diaper pails, nor was it the only one we used, but it is the only one that is STILL being used in our house!

The Easy Saver pail has a lot of great features that many of the other diaper receptacles out there does not have. It makes me wonder WHY?!

The Easy Saver is a large, round diaper pail, much like a kitchen trash can. It has a large flip-up top, again like a kitchen trash can. It also has a smaller round flip-up top that is a part of the larger top for slipping diapers into. Why two tops?! Well, one is for adding or removing the bag and the other is for adding diapers. Unlike many of the other diaper pail systems out there, this product uses regular sized trash bags, like the kitchen trash can does. Are you seeing the similarities yet!?

The décor of this pail is white with a small blue button and lid for diapers. The lid opens so easily with a light push of the button on top. My son, now just over 2, can use this on his own. The opening is small enough to put a folded diaper in but not a whole lot more. So far we’ve been lucky that no toys or animals have been shoved into the diaper pail!

The larger opening does not come open as easily, but it’s just held in place firmly with a small snap tab. To get it open, just use some force on the lid, again like you would with your kitchen trash can. Place the bag inside and wrap the top over the edges and close the lid.

There is a rounded portion inside the pail, just under the smaller diaper-depositing lid that is a receptacle for odor-eating disks. A disk or two comes with the pail upon initial purchase and replacement disks can be purchased at local stores that carry like items. These can be costly, so we generally spray Lysol spray in the bottom of the can before placing the trash bag inside between changes.

Because the bag stays open to the air inside (does not twist and close like many of the other fancy diaper pail systems do), you may get an unpleasant odor when the top flips open. We minimize that by changing the bags twice a week (usually when we change our kitchen trash) and by only keeping the top open as long as needed. We do not find that there is a seeping odor from the can. It’s pretty air-tight.

Like I said, we’ve tried other pails but this is the only one that we are still using. It’s easy to get open, doesn’t take whole lot of time to get it to operate (no twisting) and takes regular kitchen-sized trash bags (no expensive refills). It’s EASY and that works for us!

Easy one-hand use. Uses standard plastic bags. Deodorizer disc included. Saves money! No costly refills. Styles and colors may vary.
Easy onehand use. Uses standard plastic bags. Deodorizer disc included. Saves money No costly refills. Styles and colors may vary.
Toys R Us