Eaton Corporation Eaton Multiple Catch, Metal Mouse Trap (Eaton) Reviews

Eaton Corporation Eaton Multiple Catch, Metal Mouse Trap (Eaton)

A Live Catch Mouse Trap That Works!

Mar 16, 2010 (Updated Mar 16, 2010)

Pros:Simple construction, simple to operate, durable and it works

Cons:None that I can think of at this point

The Bottom Line: I recommend the JT Eaton Multiple Catch trap to anyone looking for a live catch mouse trap. It's an elegant design that does exactly what it was intended to do.

The J.T. Eaton live mouse trap works, really well in fact!

A few years ago we switched to live traps to protect our pets. Their curiosity would have led to quite a few surprises if they set off a spring type trap. I also have to admit, while I don't like pesky critters chewing up my house, I do have a soft spot for them. I would rather catch them and release them far away.

We seem to get a seasonal rash of field mice in the house. We live right next to a large open field that backs up against woods. Somehow they find their way into the attic. Fortunately we've never had them in the house except once when I opened the attic pull-down door and the little fella dropped right into the bedroom and took off. We caught him a few hours later in a "Mice Cube" live trap, another  fine working device. The problem is, when they are in the attic they like to do their gymnastics exercises at night right above my bedroom, so they've just got to go. Thanks to the J.T. Eaton trap catching them just got a little easier.

The purchase of a new trap was necessitated by two issues. First, my usual trap, the "Mice Cube", had been compromised. It seems that with each mouse I caught they were slowly chewing the plastic around the trap door. It finally got to the point that the mouse could get in, eat the peanut butter, get his paws behind the trap door, open it and head on his/her merry way. I still recommend the "Mice Cube" since I've probably caught and released more than 10 mice with one cube. I ran out to Lowe's and purchased a "Tomcat" trap of some variety. It looked like a teeter totter with trap door. I don't know why it didn't work, but we lost a lot of peanut butter due to that trap and it never got a mouse, so in the trash it went. At that point I went to Amazon to buy more Mice Cubes and they offered the JT Eaton trap bundled at a discount, so I went for it.

It was depressing to be outwitted by a mouse for about a week.

To summarize the JT Eaton trap benefits:
- Catches and holds multiple mice
- Two entrances (no exits)
- Metal construction
- No winding mechanisms or batteries
- Large clear window to view the captives
- Easy to open for bait or release

Upon opening the trap I was surprised at it's seemingly small size and light weight. It almost seemed too simple to work. I liked the way it opened, the entire top opens on hinges. There is a large clear window on the top that makes it easy to see the entire inside of the trap.

The trap has two entrances one on each side opposite each other. The mouse walks in the entrance onto a plate. As the plate drops from the mouse moving into the trap a door raises behind the mouse blocking them from getting back out. Once the mouse steps off the metal plate into the containment area the plate moves back up blocking the mouse's escape from the trap and lowering/opening the door so the next mouse to find the trap can come on in.

When I used my finger on the plate it seemed like it might be too stiff for a mouse, but that could have been related to the fact that the door was trying to raise at the same time and hitting my finger. My fears were put to rest a few hours later and I had my first victim who was promptly taken for a car ride and released.

I used peanut butter on a small piece of paper (so it wasn't stuck to the floor of the cage) as bait. The manufacturer claims you don't need bait and that may be true, but hey, if you have to sit in a holding cell for a few hours you might as well get a snack.

The steel construction is simple. The mouse cannot chew through the trap and it makes it easier to clean and keep sanitary between uses. The large opening top also makes it easier to keep clean.

The mechanism is simple and elegant in design and best of all, it's proven to work. I'm quite impressed and believe this will probably be my trap of choice going forward.

Powerware - Rack rail kit - black - for Powerware 9125

Powerware - Rack rail kit - black - for Powerware 9125

Eaton Corporation PW9130I3000R-XL2U PW9130i3000R-XL2U - UPS - 2.7 kW - 3000 VA

Eaton PW9130i3000R-XL2U - UPS ( rack-mountable ) - AC 230 V - 2.7 kW - 3000 VA 9 Ah - RS-232 USB - 9 output connector(s) - 2U

Eaton Corporation PW9130L1500R-XL2U PW9130L1500R-XL2U - UPS - 1.35 kW - 1500 VA

Eaton Corporation PW9130L1500R-XL2U PW9130L1500R-XL2U - UPS - 1.35 kW - 1500 VA

Eaton PW9130L1500R-XL2U - UPS ( rack-mountable ) - AC 120 V - 1.35 kW - 1500 VA 9 Ah - RS-232 USB - 6 output connector(s) - 2U - North America
Eaton AS400 Remote Power Management Adapter

Eaton AS400 Remote Power Management Adapter

Communications and control software are at the heart of any reliable power quality solution.Eaton Relay Interface Cards enable automatic shutdown and ...
Office Depot

Eaton Corporation Ds100h1p Top Feed Hub, 1-inch

Eaton Corporation Ds100h1p Top Feed Hub, 1-inch

Eaton Corporation Ds100H1P Top Feed Hub, 1-Inch Details Length: 6.8 Width: 1.5 Height: 5 Weight: 3.2 ounces Returns Returns are accepted in case of de...

EATON ELECTRICAL INC EATON 5PX1500RT EATON 5PX 1500VA XTND RUN LCD+

EATON ELECTRICAL INC EATON 5PX1500RT EATON 5PX 1500VA XTND RUN LCD+

The Eaton 5PX UPS is an integrated power management solution. Paired seamlessly with Intelligent Power Software Suite, the 5PX provides the tools you ...
Jt Eaton 420 Repeater Multiple Catch Mouse Trap

Jt Eaton 420 Repeater Multiple Catch Mouse Trap

JT Eaton 420 Repeater Multiple Catch Mouse Trap This JT Eaton 420 Repeater multiple catch mouse trap can catch up to 30 mice at a time, making it idea...

Eaton Corporation 86703 EX 1500 - UPS - 1.35 kW - 1500 VA

Eaton Corporation 86703 EX 1500 - UPS - 1.35 kW - 1500 VA

Eaton EX 1500 - UPS - AC 100/120/140/160-284 V - 1.35 kW - 1500 VA 9 Ah - RS-232 USB - 4 output connector(s) - PFC