Edgar Cayce & I Walked with Jesus Today . . .

Jul 9, 2009

Pros:Personal disclosure we can have with God. Cayce had a ‘Christ Consciousness’.

Cons:Might insult or annoy those that do not follow Christianity

The Bottom Line: It places Christianity in a whole new perspective. Assists in understanding the inner self being our 'Christ Consciousness' without sounding like a sermon.

When I began my Transpersonal Studies for a masters degree, I was introduced to new people and their ideas about how one can live through the human experiment. At the Association for Research and Enlightenment located in Virginia Beach, Virginia a staff of wonderful gifted guided souls run the continued search for enlightening the spirit, mind and body through Cayce’s readings and teachings.

I discovered religion many years before going into this program but only recently had delved into ’spirituality’. I found that from a biblical Christian perspective there was some merit in the story of Jesus before and after his arrival. During a class for Cayce and his readings we were assigned from a reading list a number of different books on Cayce. I picked up Edgar Cayce’s “Story of Jesus” for clarity on a few things. There are so many topics Cayce had ’senses and feelings’ about. He was referred to as the ’sleeping prophet’, and I was curious how he walked with Jesus, since I couldn’t. This was in 2002 after my youngest brother left the earthly realm and went to another. My personally disclosed communication with God was equally null and void . . .

This book is that personal disclosure Cayce had with God in and out of the church, for Cayce believed he had what is called a ‘Christ Consciousness’. This meant he was able to discern from within an important sanctified relationship with the son of God, and God himself through that son. In 375 pages of questioning and answering, plus a ‘summation’ followed by Appendix A & B of another 36 pages, Cayce’s readings edited by Jeffrey Furst, offer proof that there was no doubt in his mind, awakened or tranced, that Jesus was still the Lighted Way to follow. Words like spirit, soul, self and terms like ‘fruits of the spirit’ (pg.21 Preface), ‘soul power’ (pg.21 Preface), and ‘Christ Consciousness’ (pg. 22 Preface), introduce the reader to avenues of communication with that ‘higher self’ or Jesus or even God.

Now I am not a believer in organized religion; however, I do believe thoughts on traveling into the after-life, channeling in this life, & spiritually maintaining an open mind. In Cayce’s dissertations with Jesus, it is as if they are walking on that beach right near his home in Virginia Beach. I walked there in 2002 July feeling an interesting new connection with Jesus after reading this. I find it highly appropriate to review it now, since no one else has yet AND get people in touch with their individual and unique Christ Consciousness.

There are 12 chapters offering supplemental readings that highlight a certain portion in either the bible verbatim or dialogue delivered to Cayce’s stenographer during the tranced sate.

Chapter One-- From The Readings

Biblical education and media entertainment are fused together in these readings performed between 1932 and 1944 and the subjects of each time period are vastly different yet inter-connected. Readings prior to 1923 when Cayce had devoted the last twenty years to his skill of clairvoyance is very interesting to read. Since the idea has neither a biblical reference nor an organized religious theme, what is inside speaks loudest, does it not ? Christ may not have been loud but quite profound. My notion after reading this section was if Christ is within us, do we need an external manifestation of what the future holds or can we do this by ourselves, nah the idea is preposterous, or is it ? Can there be something as miraculous as insight complete with visual aids ? Here a reader is taken into the physical world of a man we barely know from just scripture alone that exceeded average human tendencies. His skills were remarkable and reign today in the minds of many.

Chapter Two-- In the Beginning- Genesis

Quite the typical bible lesson but what enfolds here is beyond the average lesson. Cayce is articulate in choosing the most credible depictions, based on his own strong sense of conviction, of a life more blessed than the average mans. Edgar Cayce earns respect here in depicting that which was religiously--and spiritually--popular during his lifetime. The Alpha Omega concept is introduced while timetables and the meaning of the Seventh Day is discussed. Readers are introduced to soul longevity, physical endurance, spiritual fortitude and how the particular soul travels between pre-earthly existence and earthly existence in a continuum.
The term ‘sons of man’ disturbed me. I am woman, fortunately my selected gender upon conception has only had more doors slammed then open. On page 54 an instruction by interpreters of the holy word, says to read the first six verses of Genesis learning the “power is in you to be the best men God ever created”. But what of the best women besides Ruth, Sara and Lillith ?

Historically women have been praised for doing what a man cannot do or do what they can, better, generally speaking. Some societies still second place the feminine; while others put it forward. Heck I just want to stand next to those male dominated principles and pompous behinds ! Cayce felt, when he speaks of his walk with Lillith on page 37, that the feminine divine was equally important to that of Christ’s divinity and this section represents this very well.

Chapter Three-- On Soul Development

In their trance-walk, Cayce discovers that Jesus can overcome temptation & pain therefore able to withstand & surpass the confines of a physical death. For me this means there is a strong indication of an energy force, although never actually stated, that Christ has within ourselves, we are just not aware. After reading this chapter I thought, “why not accept a dude so in tune with a holy spirit that realizes everything in the physical world that hurts or destroys cannot in the immaterial or spirit world.” In other words, it educates a reader to be more than ‘ego’.

Chapter Four-- Concerning the Bible

In this chapter the reader gets specific bible quotes from interpretations of God and Christ’s words. You travel to the lands, events, minds and thoughts of people between the Old and the New Testaments. The before and after of life with Jesus is heavily influenced by the agreements or covenants made between man and God. Cayce describes the Law of Grace, the Gospels and their authors in a dialogue almost appearing as a well-written sermon.

Chapter Five-- Egypt

This place is very important and comes up on many occasions when studying Cayce’s material. A reader will learn about Ra-Ta; relationships to entities, several opportunities for channeling that were discovered within the Antlantean culture and ultimately the “Creative Forces“ that helped make the Bible what it is today. From Carpathias to the destruction of Lemuria this chapter embraces the land and its people.

Chapter Six-- Persia

This place is pre-Bible because of the other religions prior to Christianity. Some call these other religions pagan but aren’t they all if a form of worship is involved ? Anyway, a reader is introduced to Zoroaster and his cajoling of worship during 500-600BC. Good and evil preside in this chapter offering a unique look at monotheism and how it may have developed. “Cayce and Master during incarnations where they were communicating together, so were other souls listening along for their sojourns across time and space”. Terms like magic, covetous attention, karma, and people who changed history are brought up with these readings associated with Persia and The Story of Jesus.

Chapter Seven-- Palestine, The Essenes and Mount Carmel

Here the trances are given insight as the dialogue in spurts, is formed into paragraphs of historical explanation. This chapter uses visual symbolism. It is a chance for the reader to fill in the blanks with what they feel the ‘dead sea scrolls’ might be all about. Historians will appreciate this chapter as the Samaritans, Essenes, people in Carmel and the beginning of what was called ‘the Piscean Age’ are brought to light. Here astrology and biblically defined miracles are based on the position of the famous ‘north star’. Ya know the one that guided everyone to his glorious birthplace, makes its debut here as Jesus and Cayce walk through a very beautiful moment together in chapter seven.

Chapter Eight-- The Nativity

A beautiful biblical story of the birth of Jesus into humankind-ness. There is some speculation from me and probably others who will read this regarding exact times and months this event actually took place. A reader might question the whys of celebrating perhaps a falsehood just based on when (recorded as March 19th) and exactly where this Messiah was born. This sense came to a tranced Cayce around 1941 following the attendance of the 10th Annual Congress of the Association for Research & Enlightenment. The Christmas story is brought to life.

Chapter Nine-- The Early Years & Ministry

This chapter brings to light the holy family’s flight to Egypt and the importance of that sojourn. On page 195 a reader is told of the disciples who followed Christ on his path were skillfully, by their own curious minds, instructed to do so and live to tell about it. There are avenues of meditation covered and interpretations of different ways to develop the soul.

Chapter Ten-- Crucifixion and Resurrection

The last Supper is discussed and how the followers up to this point had no idea it would turn out the way it did. But it is a real human perspective filled with pain, suffering and compassion despite rules and regulations. A man, the skilled woodcrafter and clairvoyant prophet who humbled himself in the realization of his gift, dies and returns an entity to appreciate not fear. This chapter is quite biblically reproduced from the minds of the people who lived and died with Jesus Christ.

Chapter Eleven-- Pentecost, The Early Church

This chapter is described through the activities of Lucius, a personality of Cayce I believe while in-trance, that has him claiming upon waking up that he has no recollection, at all, of any traveling done mindfully during these trances. Yet, the walk is still persistent as one more chapter will lead Cayce to affirmation of his strong conviction: Jesus is the Lighted way. To form a religion around this concept was the best idea, and Cayce and the Master market this idealogy well throughout hoping to get masses of people together under an ‘umbrella of faith’.

Chapter Twelve-- The Church of Laodicea- Lucius

The final chapter is also reiterated by Lucius when Cayce is acting as Bishop of the Church of Laodicea. The mention of Cayce taking on Lucius was not discovered until 1937 and historical remnants are made reference to when he was in that state of mind. It is a very interesting chapter and sums up his skill even more appropriately: clairvoyance is not exclusively delivered by the self, it is cosmologically re-mastered and sent to us !
The book is not long but its depth of subject keeps you locked learning it for hours, days even months. I took several notes on much of the dialogue and could of enede up with a ten page review, but Epinions would not have been happy with such size.

So I leave you with this note on the walk Edgar Cayce took with Jesus throughout the course of his life: if you believe in your wildest expectations of overcoming death and fear of it, then do you believe your life will be long, beautiful and as close to walking with perfection as possible ?

Read and find out for yourself . . .

and BTW, do Enjoy !