Electrolux RH30WC55G 29" Kitchen Hood Reviews

Free Shipping Sears
Free Shipping AppliancesConnection

Electrolux 30" Stainless Steel Vent Hood Review

Mar 23, 2010

Pros:Good looks, works great, halogen lights, dishwasher safe filters

Cons:branding issue, noisey at highetst level

The Bottom Line: Look around before buying this one.  It works great but it is NOT an Electrolux product.

I purchased this beautiful stainless steel vent hood from Electrolux to match my Electrolux wave touch free standing gas range.  The match is perfect even though this vent hood is actually made by Broan and not Electrolux.  Just a little tip I got from the guy I ordered this from.  Had I known this little fact about the Electrolux vent hood earlier, I probably would have gone with another brand even though this one is just fine.  I just find it hard to pay a premium for something solely because it has a brand on it...and actually, this one does NOT have any brand name on it...another minor disappointment.

This vent has four speeds and nowhere can I find how many sones each speed is but I can tell you that the highest speed is 9 sones which is quite loud.  On the lowest speed, I hardly hear it and it works just fine for normal cooking.  I suppose if you are burning bacon, you may just want to use the fourth speed.  I avoid the fourth speed because I can't stand the noise.

This Electrolulx vent is strong enough that the first setting which is the lowest will actually keep a page of paper stuck to it...but don't do this, you might blow your motor..my husband pointed this out when I did this silly trick.

My favorite feature about this Electrolux stainless steel hood is that the vent hood actually has two halogen lights that turn on with the touch of a button.  The halogen lights are nice and bright which really show the true colors of food.  There is no way to use just one light or adjust the lighting.  Its two lights or no lights.  Something that doesn't bother me but might bother others.

A cool feature about this stainless steel vent hood is that the filters are actually a cinch to remove and clean.  All you do is pop the lever and stick them in the dishwasher.  Talk about easy!

What I don't like:
*You pay a premium for Electrolux name and don't even get the name on it!
*Level four is so loud its louder than the airplanes flying overhead.

What I love:
Cleaning the filters is fast and easy.
Great Look
Halogen Lights

Something that should certainly be noted since this was a major problem for us during installation.  The manual does not include any information about exactly how high or low the chimney must vent out from.  If you have only 8 foot celeings you will actually have to vent this out through the ceiling and out rather than through your wall.  The instructions are somewhat limited in this respect as well as another area.

The online manual is a bit unclear about the chimney.  It actually comes with TWO flu covers.  One for the base and a second extension flu - that is never mentioned anywhere.  This second flu MUST be used.  There is no way around it if you are using this to vent outside your house.  For those venting inside your house, perhaps this will work but I really don't know.  I would make sure you have a good return policy if you are unsure if this will work for you.

Weight:  36 pounds
Width:  29-7/8"
Depth:  19-11/16"
Height:  42-9/16" (Max. Height with included flu extension)

Price Paid:  $829.00 and no rebate for this product from Electrolux!

Electrolux brings you the RH30WC55GS Wall Mount Chimney Hood with a 600 CFM Internal Blower It features LCD Electronic Controls An array of versatile ...
AppliancesConnection
Ventilation hoods have become the standard in American Kitchens. Not only are they elegant, adding visual appeal to your kitchen, they provide many fu...