Electrolux EW30GF65GW Gas Range

GOOD SOLID OVEN!

Jan 8, 2013 (Updated Jan 10, 2013)

Pros:Easy to clean back panel, nice bright display

Cons:Little pricey at $1900, no double oven.

The Bottom Line: This is a good looking range, with a beautiful rear control panel. It heats up quickly and is easy to use.

We recently moved into a new home. The kitchen had a $6000 Wolf dual fuel range. Gas burners and electric oven. The problem was the top burners were fine, but the electric oven took about 25 minutes to pre-heat! What a waste of electricity.

So we sold the Wolf Range, and after much research, purchased this Electrolux model. We have a good friend in the appliance business and she recommended this model because she works with all brands, and the Electrolux was less prone to repair and was good looking.

So we slid in the oven, connected it to a new outlet and the gas line, and were off and cooking

The back panel is called Wave Touch. I am not sure why. One would think that you would wave your hand in front of the panel to make it read all the settings, but this is not true.

The rear panel is the control center for the range. It has touch sensitive buttons under glass instead of membrane keypads, which is great. When you are not doing anything, the display turns totally dark and all that shows is a blue clock display.

To perform a function or “wake” the display, you touch the left side of the panel with your hand and all the other function buttons light up. Again, where the wave touch comes from I do not know.

Various buttons, including a keypad light up on the black back panel and then disappear until you touch the panel once again.

We timed the preheating, and the upper/main over took 14 minutes to reach a 425-degree temperature, much better than our old electric one.

There is one very important fact here that I would like to talk about. On the display panel, the ovens are called upper and lower. However, the lower oven is NOT A REAL OVEN! It has an electric coil in it to keep foods warm or just reheat something already pre-cooked. It is not meant to cook something at 350 degrees for an hour. It will waste a lot of electricity heating the coil, so it is akin to having a small electric oven. Electrolux should make this clear, but they do not. They should call it a reheat drawer or keep warm oven, which they don’t.

One item very unique to this oven is the oven racks, they are on ball bearings, so when you side out a rack, it is nice and smooth, and locks at the end of its travel. The rack cannot tip over or fall out of the oven slot. Nice safety and convenience feature.

Here are some range features:

DEHYDRATE: This is used to dehydrate vegetables, fruits, herbs, and thin slices of meat.

DEFROST: This mode will thaw small portions of delicate items like cheesecake, frozen pies, etc. Seems crazy putting a frozen pie in the oven, but this is what it does.

PROBE: As stated earlier in the PERFECT TURKEY section, there is a probe that pugs into the food from a connector in the oven. It will monitor temperature of the food and inform you when it reaches a certain temperature.

SLOW COOK: This feature is used to cook foods more slowly at lower oven temperatures. The result is like using a crock-pot, low temperature cooking for a long period of time.

BREAD PROOF: This feature maintains a warm environment useful for rising yeast-leavened foods.

MY FAVORITE KEYS: You are able to store up to six of your most frequently used heat settings and cooking times.

MULTI-STAGE; This is a very unusual feature that I have never seen on any other range. You program some food to cook with convection cooking for an hour, then turn on broiler, and finally switch to keep warm. I do not know how difficult this is to program, but I tell you about it since it is a primary feature of this range.

SABBATH MODE: This range provides special settings for use when observing the Jewish Sabbath.

CONVECTION MODE: This oven has a built in fan, which circulates the hot air to cook more evenly and faster. Very important to us and it bakes and cooks beautifully in the mode.

Of course this oven has modes like self-clean, 5 gas burners, two of which are high heat, 12 or 24 hour clock, etc. I did not list these above since they are all pretty standard.

So what does it all mean? Well my wife and I both like this oven. It is nice looking in stainless steel with a black back panel with just the blue clock, and it cooks very evenly.

Would I recommend this oven, the answer is yes. Just be aware of its limitations.

========================================
New Update:

We have been using this oven without a single problem. The burners ignite quickly and are easy to adjust and clean.

The oven always reaches temperature within 14 minutes or so, and does a great job of even baking, broiling or convection cooking.

Now that we have used the oven for a while, I still stand by my recommendation, it is a good oven!

One negative however is the stainles steel. Every fingerprint shows and has to be wiped off all the time. That's why we do not care for stainless steel appliances, but we had to match the kitchen appliances.

Amount Paid (US$): 1900

Electrolux Freestanding Gas Range EW30GF65G

Electrolux Freestanding Gas Range EW30GF65G. Designed with a dual-flame sealed burner, this cooktop offers the widest range of BTU performance in the ...
AJ Madison

EW30DS75KS Electrolux Wave-Touch Slide-in Dual-Fuel Convection Range with Min-2-ax Gas Burner - Stainless Steel Explore the features of the EW30DS75KS...
US Appliance

Electrolux Cooktop. 30 in. Deep Recessed Gas in Stainless Steel with 5 Burners including Min-2-Max Burner EW30GC60IS

Electrolux Cooktop. 30 in. Deep Recessed Gas in Stainless Steel with 5 Burners including Min-2-Max Burner EW30GC60I...

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. The Electrolux Drop-In 30 in. Gas Cooktop gives you powerful cooking performance with 5 gas burners including, ...
Home Depot

Electrolux Ew30cc55gs 30 Hybrid Induction Cooktop - Free Shipping

Electrolux Ew30cc55gs 30 Hybrid Induction Cooktop - Free Shipping

If you hate gas burners and hate their cumbersome nature, this is the deal for you! Presenting Electrolux EW30CC55GS Cooktop. It is replete with high ...

Electrolux 30 Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop - EW30GC55GS

Electrolux 30 Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop - EW30GC55GS

Professional-Grade Control Knobs/ Min-2-Max Burner/ Continuous Grates/ Dishwasher-Safe Grates/ Easy-To-Clean Cooktop Surface/ 18,000 BTU Sealed Power ...
Abt Electronics

Electrolux 30 Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop Stovetop Ew30gc55gs

Electrolux 30 Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop Stovetop Ew30gc55gs

Ebay Store About Us FAQ Store Policies Shipping Search Our Store Packages Microwave Ovens Wall Ovens Cooktops Refrigerators Ranges Dish Washers Laundr...

EW30GC55GW Wave-Touch Series 30 Wide ADA Compliant Sealed Burner Gas Cooktop with 4

This high-power gas cooktop is equipped with sealed burners that provide a wide range of heat settings to meet the needs of different recipes The cont...
AppliancesConnection

Electrolux Cooktop. 30 in. Deep Recessed Gas in Stainless Steel with 4 Burners including Min-2-Max Burner EW30GC55GS

Electrolux Cooktop. 30 in. Deep Recessed Gas in Stainless Steel with 4 Burners including Min-2-Max Burner EW30GC55G...

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. The Electrolux Drop-In 30 in. Gas Cooktop gives you powerful cooking performance with 4 gas burners including, ...
Home Depot

Electrolux Stainless Steel Slide-In Dual Fuel Range EW30DS75KS

Electrolux Stainless Steel Slide-In Dual Fuel Range EW30DS75KS

Electrolux Stainless Steel Slide-In Dual Fuel Range EW30DS75KS. Ensures moist, delicious poultry. Imagine stress-free holiday cooking. With a ball bea...