Tefal Emerilware FR7009001 Deep Fryer Reviews

Tefal Emerilware FR7009001 Deep Fryer

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Expensive but fabulous!

Jan 7, 2007

Pros:Easy, Easy, Easy with great filtration system

Cons:Cost and not enough cooking times outlined in manual

The Bottom Line: Highly recommended due to easy use, filtration system, oil storage, easy clean-up.

I received this as a gift this year and have made apple fritters, chicken wings, french fries and mozzarella sticks so far. We just bought a recipe book off e-bay for deep fryers and I am quite excited about using the fryer for additional items. I even found some doughnut recipes that I am going to be trying next. Nothing like fresh doughnuts for Sunday morning breakfast!
The oil heats up quickly and there is an alert when the oil is at your set temperature letting you know you can now 'fry'. The temperature and timer are all digital and very easy to use, reset, turn off...etc. All with a one touch feature.
The filtration system is very unique in that it filters your oil into its own storage container. Whether you use liquid oil or crisco/shortening, the storage unit stores your oil already filtered ready for you to use the next time you use your fryer. It amazed me how clean the oil was after multiple uses.
All pieces of the fryer (frying bucket, basket, lid, oil storage container) except for the heating element are all dishwasher safe making clean up extremely easy. I have even washed it by hand and had no issues as the frying bucket has a drain, where the filter is, that allows you to drain any excess water...although I didn't have any from hand washing or dishwasher use.
I don't really have anything bad to say other than this unit is pricy...but reusing the 'clean oil' up to 20 times is a cost saver too..so that helps deflect the cost over time.
So far, I love this unit and will highly recommend for anyone that would like to fry in their home!

Amount Paid (US$): $149.99

Emeril by T-fal FR7009001 2.65-Pound / 3.3-Liter Stainless Steel Digital Immersi , New, Free Shipping Emeril by T-fal FR7009001 2.65-Pound / 3.3-Liter...